SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 10-27-2014, 02:22 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,668
Default Going try my luck

Headed to vbay this eve after work, south wind 10-15 going to be tough but I have to wet a line after all the hot reports and i couldn't go. Hopefully i can get a couple hook ups
Old 10-27-2014, 04:22 PM
Redfish

Cash: 806

Post results. curious to se how u do
Old 10-27-2014, 07:59 PM
Tripletail

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414457943.904320.jpg25 specks a red and a drum
Old 10-27-2014, 10:14 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,258

some Slabs!!!
Old 10-27-2014, 11:04 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,490

Great trip!
Old 10-27-2014, 11:04 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by bab52 View Post
Post results. curious to se how u do
Looks like he smoked em! Nice catch
Old 10-28-2014, 12:03 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

I fished reefs outside.. It was rough to say the least. Water was getting muddy by the minute. S winds were kicking about a steady 15.

Came into the pass around 5:45 Pm.. I'm going to try a reed in near dead man's. One of my fishing partner say doesn't that boater over there have a flare ??? Well I Knew immediately what and why he was in deep trouble..

Got off step.. I told my partner the guys on the back side of a reef. and he is stuck. I eased in there then got the front of the triton stuck on the same reef.

Well with the Se wind and dipping incoming tide I finally eased off. After 3 tries We finally get a line from him. Tied him off and pulled him across reef.

Got him to deep water and he got his motor started, and followed me back out of the reefs to the channel .

Finally stopped in middle of pass, and he comes up along side and I ask him if we need to call someone as his cell phone was dead as it got wet.

He says no, he's alright and was headed to the point.. Well we headed to ICY...

Tide was brutal. I came very close to getting my triton stuck . I did tell him after the second failed rope attempt I wasn't going to burn up a 30K 4 stroke to get him off reed. As in about 2 more hrs he would have floated off. But he couldn't have found his way out and back to the channel.

Well it all worked out for the best..

Just brings up a point.. If U don't know WHERE the reefs and How they run, in the back of the pass.. Don't go back there. Those salt water skeeters would have eat him alive when the wind slowed up..

Hope I don't get a call from him or his lawyer saying I damaged his boat. Boat damage is why LWF WILL NOT TOW A BOAT nor Vermilion Parish Sheriff Marine Patrol. They will take U to safety. Not ur boat.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:52 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
I fished reefs outside.. It was rough to say the least. Water was getting muddy by the minute. S winds were kicking about a steady 15.

Came into the pass around 5:45 Pm.. I'm going to try a reed in near dead man's. One of my fishing partner say doesn't that boater over there have a flare ??? Well I Knew immediately what and why he was in deep trouble..

Got off step.. I told my partner the guys on the back side of a reef. and he is stuck. I eased in there then got the front of the triton stuck on the same reef.

Well with the Se wind and dipping incoming tide I finally eased off. After 3 tries We finally get a line from him. Tied him off and pulled him across reef.

Got him to deep water and he got his motor started, and followed me back out of the reefs to the channel .

Finally stopped in middle of pass, and he comes up along side and I ask him if we need to call someone as his cell phone was dead as it got wet.

Tide was brutal. I came very close to getting my triton stuck . I did tell him after the second failed rope attempt I wasn't going to burn up a 30K 4 stroke to get him off reed. As in about 2 more hrs he would have floated off. But he couldn't have found his way out and back to the channel.

Just brings up a point.. If U don't know WHERE the reefs and How they run, in the back of the pass.. Don't go back there. Those salt water skeeters would have eat him alive when the wind slowed up..

Hope I don't get a call from him or his lawyer saying I damaged his boat. Boat damage is why LWF WILL NOT TOW A BOAT nor Vermilion Parish Sheriff Marine Patrol. They will take U to safety. Not ur boat.

You did good it was pull him off or feed to the Mosquitos. Tide was at beginning of upcoming I fished near shark bayou in the cove.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:37 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,103

Good job for you both, nice catch and giving a helping hand.
I hope someone will be kind enough to drag me in should I ever need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMigues View Post
You did good it was pull him off or feed to the Mosquitos. Tide was at beginning of upcoming I fished near shark bayou in the cove.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:10 AM
Redfish

Cash: 806

Good job Matt. Thanks for the report
Old 10-28-2014, 10:45 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

Nice catch and cant hurt to stock up on some good karma!
Old 10-28-2014, 12:26 PM
Tripletail

I'm planning on making another run today to see if i can put some more in the freezer. The best is yet to come!
Old 10-29-2014, 07:09 AM
Redfish

Cash: 837

Matt, you're killing me! LOL I can't get off soon enough to make evening trip and next 2 weekends are out! I may have to take a vacation day during the week.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:26 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
Matt, you're killing me! LOL I can't get off soon enough to make evening trip and next 2 weekends are out! I may have to take a vacation day during the week.
That's your best bet hit it on weekday and you'll have a better chance than fighting the crowds. Give my dad a shout he'll point you right to them.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:05 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,000

im going in the am. with the wind looking like it is nw 10 mph...do yall think trash pile area and northern point of bay would be better than hammock, dry reef area?
Old 10-29-2014, 03:19 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by revspiggles View Post
im going in the am. with the wind looking like it is nw 10 mph...do yall think trash pile area and northern point of bay would be better than hammock, dry reef area?
Hammock or north shore of weeks around port canal may be holding some fish, last Wednesday I picked up some short fish in hammock.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:37 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 462

Matt, what would make you decide to fish one area over another? For example, weeks bay vs. the south mouth of shark bayou, vs. the cove? Also, in weeks bay how do you know where to start fishing? Do you just drop the trolling motor and go? It all looks the same out there. Thanks.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:43 PM
Redfish

Cash: 837

Quote:
Originally Posted by janky View Post
Matt, what would make you decide to fish one area over another? For example, weeks bay vs. the south mouth of shark bayou, vs. the cove? Also, in weeks bay how do you know where to start fishing? Do you just drop the trolling motor and go? It all looks the same out there. Thanks.
Gotta understand, mattmigues can catch fish in YOUR swimming pool...he is THE fish whisperer....
Old 10-29-2014, 09:02 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
Gotta understand, mattmigues can catch fish in YOUR swimming pool...he is THE fish whisperer....

LOL I wish I was the whisperer. I just make up my mind and concentrate on finding fish. All of these areas always hold a few fish it's just when they'll bite. I went yesterday and again today and had a total of 5 keepers. I just fish more than average fella. ALOT more lol!
Old 10-31-2014, 03:40 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 560

Nice catch