SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:24 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 343
Default back problems

Who has them?

i have some bulging discs in my back

always hurt, sometimes less than others,

the past few weeks have just been getting tighter and tighter with increasing pain.

tonight it is un bearable. it hurts in my neck and down to my left leg.

going to see the dr again tomorrow i hope

Old 06-23-2010, 04:38 AM
*****Cajun *******

Cash: 662

my lower back well lets just say both hips in the lower butt area hurts right now so bad i have been up since about 3 am and it's my day off, the pain med's do nothing and i refuse to take a lot because i dont want to get hooked on any type meds and cant live without them so i just live with the pain.
kinda like living with a women for 50 years course i am lucky in that respect i have a cool lady in most all are's for an ole gal she don't give me much lip my left foot foot is what gives me the most pain trying to work and walk is a daily walking painful job but hey it's all going to be over shortley no more pain one day so for right now i be gonna keep on keepinn on but i feel your pain young man.
stix
Old 06-23-2010, 04:46 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

I'm one of the many that do. My L5 and S1 give me the most problems. I use a chiropractor for treatment along with stretching and a wobble chair.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:11 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Date skinny girls, lay off them big ones!!!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 06:49 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,329

Old 06-23-2010, 06:49 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 576

I had scoliosis real bad when younger. Curvature of the spine. Could not play sports and such. Now Its somewhat better but in pain most of the time. They wanted to put rods in my back and so on yrs ago and I opted out. My knees took the blunt of it and now crack and creek when I walk or ride a bike. I learned to deal with it though. The things they told me what could happen when they wanted to operate I opted out real fast.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

I feel your pain bro,I have a ruptured disk on my neck. It causes numbness and pain in my arm and leg on the same side. I am the same way as stix,they gave me all kinds of meds but they dont work very well so I dont take them often.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

i had a pretty bad car wreck back in '06 and i still feel the numbness in my arm and leg..... got rear-ended in a truck with the bed welded to the frame and a tommy lift as a tailgate. That sucked !!!
Old 06-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I suffered for 16 years before any doctor would do surgery on me.
They all wanted to sign the disability papers and keep me home.
But I didn't want to live on a few hundred dollars a month. So I toughed it out and
stayed at work with the pain.
I did finally find a pain management doctor who did some good, without medication.
That lasted about 5 years, then I lost feeling and movement in one of my feet and my
leg got numb for the first 8 inches above the foot.
They had to do something after that.
I had to quit hunting cause I couldn't stand too long or brush up the blinds.
I had to quit fishing cause I couldn't take the movement of the boat sitting or standing.
6 months after surgery, I bought a fishing boat.
I still have lots of pain in the morning, but it eases up after an hour or so.
Lots of sitting or standing still bothers me, but it no longer feels like someone is sticking
an ice pick in my back.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Banned

I just had a discograph(google it) last monday. L3-L4-L5-S1 are less than 25 percent disc remaining. I have to get 3 levels fused in the next minth or so. I have so much pain that I almost hate to wake up in the morning. All I can say is be sure to see a Neurosurgeon and not an Orthopedic one. BE SURE TO DO WHAT THE DOC TELLS YOU!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Great White

When the pain doc could no longer help me, I went to a neurosurgeon also. Not an orthopedic. I was told most orthopedics pay most attention to the bone issues, not the nerve. That will come to bite you later.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 913

Well I had an ortopedics surgeon work wonders on me and I feel as Good as perfect on most days. Absolutely no pain and my doctors name was Louis Blanda in Lafayette. This man gave me back my life after having L3,L4 fused.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whunter29 View Post
Well I had an ortopedics surgeon work wonders on me and I feel as Good as perfect on most days. Absolutely no pain and my doctors name was Louis Blanda in Lafayette. This man gave me back my life after having L3,L4 fused.
Glad you got relief. The ortho that did a laminectomy on me last year hurt me twices bad as I was before surgery. She gave me nerve damage. Not all orthos are bad but you have a better chance with a neuro. They have more schooling than an ortho.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,086

My chiropractor is my best friend...
Been goin since college...
5 yes of college football and 5 surgeries got my bones and joints feelin old.
But I'm alot better thanks to chiropractic care!!
Old 06-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Great White

Chiropractic helped me feel good, just not the spot that hurt in my back.

I did something called VAX-D in 2004. It helped the pain and numbness in my leg and butt cheek go away, but it didn't help my back pain.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,342
Default Me too

If you do a search, you will find a couple of threads on it. I have had 4 neck fusions. While the pain is still there it is not near as bad as before the surgeries.

I am fighting 2 bulging discs, L3 - 4, now along with hip issues.

Be careful with it. I came very close to being a quadreplegic before I had my first fusion done at C5-6-7. Doc told wife that the disc was severly impinging my cord and 3 more mm would have probably severed my cord.

Use a neuro period. Get 2 opinions. A chiro definately helped relieve my pain for the first surgery.

PM or email if you want/need more info. Do research on the doctor you see. Ask your primary care physician who they would see if it was them or a family member.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,505

I got some degenerated discs in my back from high school football and not using the proper techniques when lifting heavy weight in college. If u don't have a good coach teaching the right techniques for lifting weights (dead lift, clean, squat, etc.) in high school, talk about can ruin some young men's lives. I really haven't had too much trouble with it in the last few years. But killed me in high school and early college. Used to go to chiropractor few times a month. Still bothers me if I stand for long periods of time.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:03 PM
Redfish

Cash: 699

Yak, I had surgery at Texas Orthopedic in Houston ( Dr. Jeffery Kozack) for a herniated disk, back to work in 2 weeks, no more pain. I know several people that have used him.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:19 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

damn yak..you a young pup..wait till ya get old like us.....nah, i have some bulging disks too..i feel your pain everyday.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:21 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellalilyslicker View Post
Yak, I had surgery at Texas Orthopedic in Houston ( Dr. Jeffery Kozack) for a herniated disk, back to work in 2 weeks, no more pain. I know several people that have used him.
How long ago did you have the surgery? I have a herniated disc too but have been putting off the surgery. I got steroid shots in my back earlier this year and it was like instant relief but I am starting to get that pain back shooting down my right leg when I sit down. I can't sit on my wallet.