SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,396
Default prien lake fail

Well I woke up this morning about 345 hopin to fish some lights for a little while. Well I walked outside and seen lightning off in the distance. Checked the weather and it said clear after 11am. So I went back to bed. Woke up at 645 and the sky looked good. So jumped in the truck and headed to prien to explore. First place I ran to was the bank by L'auberge. Threw white gulp shrimp under a poppin cork. Also threw chart swim Mullet and some deadly Dudley jrs amd jerk jrs.lady fish were everywhere and THICK. I counted.five bites just off one cast with a swim Mullet. Switched banks amd fished the rocks, I was once again greeted with ladyfish. I got.tired of that quick so it was time for a move. Ran to the bayou on the right when you enter the L'auberge bank. I fished the bank and picked up some lady fish so moved to the middle of.the bayou to find deeper water and still no luck. Made a run to prien and fished the west bank. No luck. Tried free lining a Mullet out the back and picked up several gaftop. Thought I had some solid.trout. Ran farther south just around the turn by the marsh. Fished.the grass beds and once again nothing. Then after deciding to move I go in the first right by the marsh not the SECOMD and I am greeted by 6" of water and mud. 5 minutes of paddling later I was free. Ran back by 210n bridge, fished by the barges and the island.thought I hooked another gaftop but I managed to sling a 21" flounder. I was dissappointed I didnt find any reds or specks. But all in all I got a good tan and finally got to make it out on the water after a month of my boat collecting dust