SaltyCajun.com http://www.ccastar.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534
Default Goin' to Destin

I am going to Destin FL 8-5 thru the 10th. Im looking to fish at least one of those days. Whether its wade fishing or someone that lives close by wants to bring me. Im wanting to know how much different is the fishing there than big lake ?? What baits do I bring ?? Topwater in the surf ?? Went a few years back and scratched. Only thing that pulled was a shark that spooled me !!
Old 07-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I am going to Destin FL 8-5 thru the 10th. Im looking to fish at least one of those days. Whether its wade fishing or someone that lives close by wants to bring me. Im wanting to know how much different is the fishing there than big lake ?? What baits do I bring ?? Topwater in the surf ?? Went a few years back and scratched. Only thing that pulled was a shark that spooled me !!
Top in the surf in a.m. and live bait it up after.

If you want soft plastics, i'd try a shrimp like bait, killa squillas. In any opening night color

The redfish were all over the beach every year we go.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Fishing from the beach there is not very productive, my brother lives on the Beach & works his butt off to catch. He does catch a few flounder in the troughs
Old 07-12-2011, 01:38 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,250

There is a public peir on occaloosa island. Walk to the end and drift a cigar minnow on top. They catch kings and other species all day. Get there about a hour before daylight and hold on. Lol. Call me If you need anything.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,811

Like longcast mentioned, Okaloosa Island pier most likely your best bet. While free lining your cigar minnow throw a gotcha plug for Spanish macks & blue fish. Or get out early morning/late afternoon under the bridge by the coast guard station soak some live bait shrimp/pinfish and throw a top water/subsurface lure on the flats that's adjacent to the coast guard station. There is also the jetties right there but a hike from parking lot. Redfish, mangrove snapper, and other species throughout area oh live bait as well. Go to half hitch in destin and they will steer you in the right direction.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,104

My uncle lives about 20 minutes away in Gulf Breeze. He does some fishing I do believe.