SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 10-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,258

We harmed all 4 of them,they accidentally fell in the grease. Im sure not gonna tell my 11 year old son to throw back the biggest speck of his life back in to fight another day. Im not breaking the law or wasting these fish,besides I have a big family that loves fish so I give to them whenever I can. I figure these fish had a good three spawns this year already so their genetics are all over the place by now. You might want to check your regulations on specks over 25" too. You might want to head back to the other site with your opinions,none needed like that here. Like my mom used to tell me, If you cant say something nice about somebody,dont say anything at all.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:08 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 843

Speck daddy ...............theres always a critic in the house. I aint throwing no fish like that away either..............tell your son, BaySlayer said good catch!!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Ling

yeah,it seems like Ive heard this crap about the big genes before. Back in history when they were breeding "certain people" for size so they could be stronger workers. Look at the mess its gotten us into now.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

We accidentally harmed them!!!!!! ROTF...............I laughed so loud I woke the Baby............Ooopppss......That's some slippery suckers!! It feel in the grease!!! HAhaha
Old 10-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618
Default Great Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck-chaser View Post
We harmed all 4 of them,they accidentally fell in the grease. Im sure not gonna tell my 11 year old son to throw back the biggest speck of his life back in to fight another day. Im not breaking the law or wasting these fish,besides I have a big family that loves fish so I give to them whenever I can. I figure these fish had a good three spawns this year already so their genetics are all over the place by now. You might want to check your regulations on specks over 25" too. You might want to head back to the other site with your opinions,none needed like that here. Like my mom used to tell me, If you cant say something nice about somebody,dont say anything at all.

Great Reply, you look very proud of your son's catch, as you should be and thanks for sharing a great report.

Remember it takes all kind! Unfortunately!
Old 10-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,065

nice catch!
Old 10-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck-chaser View Post
Well, I finally got my water problems fixed from last night and got my water back on,and my wifes happy again. My son and I took a quick afternoon trip yesterday to the bay. The weather was fine at home,but started getting uglier the closer we got to the landing. We left the landing with it sprinkling and fished our first spot for 10 minutes then the deluge came. Headed to our second spot,quit raining but still no fish(water still kinda dirty). Finally hit our third spot and after about 20 minutes caught our first nice speck. For about the next 30 minutes the action was good then it tailed off. Ended up with 5 nice specks,4 really nice specks and 1 red. We headed back in around 6,because the thunderstorms were piling back up and heading for us. It was a fantastic day for the two of us,especially to watch my son pull in his biggest speck ever of 5lbs.I was giggling and laughing like a nervous little school girl trying to net his fish. We had 1- 6lb.,1 -5.5 lb., and 2- 5lbs. We lost some more big ones at the boat,and I had one I never could get to the top and got off under the boat. We caught them all on chubs and rattle traps. Was thinking about going back again this afternoon,but it looks like its gonna stay pretty windy today. Dont want to be greedy,but I gots the fever worse now. Lol.
Nice catch. You try fishing the "Dessert"?
Old 10-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 654

Nice catch man. I would let my son keep anything that was leagal. Even if he caught 5 8 lbers. Some people would say that is wrong, but it is my choice not theirs. I personally don't have a problem eating larger trout.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:37 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,604

Speck - nice catch. Your son looks pretty darn fired up - those moments are priceless. Can't wait for my little guy to start fishing with me...
Old 10-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,022
Default Limits in LA...

Seatrout, Spotted (Speckled Trout):12 inches minimum total length. 25 fish per person daily bag limit. EXCEPT: 15 fish daily take and possession limit, with no more than two spotted seatrout exceeding 25 inches total length, regardless of where taken, in a defined area of Cameron and Calcasieu Parishes in southwestern Louisiana.

You wanna explain to ME what the limits of trout over 25" is? Please do. Like I said, NICE FISH. Just trying to put back what we take out. Good for your son and his biggest trout to date. Why are people so touchy on this site? One little comment about releasing bigger fish, and everyone jumps on the bandwagon of throwing a hissy fit. It was just an opinion. You keep keeping those big SOWS (not sals???), and I'll keep throwing them back for you to eat. Sounds good?

BD
Old 10-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650
Default nice

Man thats some nice specks. Good catch!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdriver View Post
Seatrout, Spotted (Speckled Trout):12 inches minimum total length. 25 fish per person daily bag limit. EXCEPT: 15 fish daily take and possession limit, with no more than two spotted seatrout exceeding 25 inches total length, regardless of where taken, in a defined area of Cameron and Calcasieu Parishes in southwestern Louisiana.

You wanna explain to ME what the limits of trout over 25" is? Please do. Like I said, NICE FISH. Just trying to put back what we take out. Good for your son and his biggest trout to date. Why are people so touchy on this site? One little comment about releasing bigger fish, and everyone jumps on the bandwagon of throwing a hissy fit. It was just an opinion. You keep keeping those big SOWS (not sals???), and I'll keep throwing them back for you to eat. Sounds good?

BD
Since you politely corrected my spelling,Ill politely correct you on your limits. If you'll read it again,you will notice that rule is for cameron and calcasieu parishes. We did not catch these in those parishes. They can only catch 15 trout too. We can keep 25 trout. They can be all "Sows" if we want. Its funny how you were the only one to mention something negative. Kinda sounds a little like a democrap, good job "BUT" there's always something negative thrown in there too. You need to take another good look around next time your in the gulf of the vastness of it, and try to imagine just how many big specks there are out there that will never be caught. But anyway,you just keep putting those big trout back,if your catching them,and we will keep catching them and releasing them right into the grease.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:15 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

4) No Rude Comments on Fishing Reports - We encourage people to post reports, and we will not allow bashing, such as "Why didn't you just keep 3 and release the rest?" If it's legal, it's their right. Leave it alone.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Dont worry about those comments bro,I would have kept them too!!The pictures of those SOW trout with your son will last a lifetime.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
Dont worry about those comments bro,I would have kept them too!!The pictures of those SOW trout with your son will last a lifetime.
agreed.. Its your choice to release into the water or release into the grease ... I try to release the big girls when we don't hurt them but so far i haven't released one yet. lol But seriously the last big one i caught when i got home and was about to clean her, i just felt kinda bad cuz it was such a beautiful fish so I think I'm going to release the next big one i catch unless its going on the wall. In your case I would of never released those fish. To a kid the most exciting thing about a fish is the story of how big that fish was lol He probably doesn't even care about how many just how big it was lol Thats how all my little cousin are when i bring them lol
Old 10-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
agreed.. Its your choice to release into the water or release into the grease ... I try to release the big girls when we don't hurt them but so far i haven't released one yet. lol But seriously the last big one i caught when i got home and was about to clean her, i just felt kinda bad cuz it was such a beautiful fish so I think I'm going to release the next big one i catch unless its going on the wall. In your case I would of never released those fish. To a kid the most exciting thing about a fish is the story of how big that fish was lol He probably doesn't even care about how many just how big it was lol Thats how all my little cousin are when i bring them lol
Yeah man thats what its all about....My youngest brother is almost old enough to bring out there.....I cant wait to see his face light up when he catches his first speck and red.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
Yeah man thats what its all about....My youngest brother is almost old enough to bring out there.....I cant wait to see his face light up when he catches his first speck and red.
and thats a true fisherman.. A man who goes out there to enjoy the sport and the smiles it puts on peoples faces.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 652
Bounce Nice catch

Glad to hear that the fish are stacking up in the bay. Now just to find a moment or two to get out there....