SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 01-06-2012, 11:26 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 774

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
Hopedale?? Looks like ameda
Nah. It's the Lafitte Boat Parade. It rolls every Saturday.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:47 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellaBlazer View Post
Nah. It's the Lafitte Boat Parade. It rolls every Saturday.
Grand Isle on weekends is the worst place I ever seen... Unless weather is bad.
You can be drifting a reef and someone will pass 20 yards from you, waving at us, thinking they are being friendly.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:29 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864

I dont think that the people following you were of this site. those people don't care to educate themselves on sites like this one.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:19 AM
Redfish

Cash: 786

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricecb View Post
I have a few honey holes that I wont ever pass close to during the weekends because I know the pot lickers will destroy them if they find out that there are fish there. The funny thing is that some of these areas are on the way to some of the more popular spots like Last Island and Wine Island in the summer time and in 15 yrs of fishing this area I have never seen anyone other than one of my fishing buddies go to these spots that me and him have a strict no weekdend fishing policy.
As far as Lake Decade
I dont fish Decade in December/January because of the crowds.
I can catch just as good in Dularge/Mechant once you learn the area
I dont mind seeing a few people on the water but Decade is just crazy and I dont go fishing to fight crowds.

If you dont want pilgrims then stay off the popular spots is all I can say.

If they follow you out of the launch (which I have had happen) stop somewhere random dont bring them to one of your good spots they will fish it clean when you are not there and some even destroy the habitat by running over reefs and dragging there motar over points without even knowing what they are doing.
I've fished decade 3 times in December, it was only bad once. I found more fish by staying away from the boats. I never really saw too many catching that were grouped up. Boats breed boats out there.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Redfish

Cash: 861

There has been potlickers around forever, there is just more of them now days. Part of the problem is the elite status given to specks and reds. In the past, weekend warriors and beginners would get some dead shrimp or something and be happy just to go and catch some sheephead, drum, or croaker and they would begin their education on fishing and boating - may graduate to the 'elite' species, may not. Today, everybody skips K-12 education and goes straight to college. We, as people have also become so competitive, that we feel a successful day on the water has to equate to catching and people are willing to do what ever it takes to be succesful. We see it in the real world too. It has been a real struggle for myself. I used to fish a lot and catch a lot, then I 'retired' for about 8-10 years -just kind of pulled a Barry Sanders. Recently, I have decided I need to start getting back in to it and it is a struggle. Coming from the expectation of catching a limit and feeling like you are the one people are calling for a report or 'following' to the one who is looking for a report. I don't get to pick my days to go now days, my days pick me if you know what I mean. Because it is all about perspective, I'll share my New Years resolution because I think many of us need to remember why we get out on the water:

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday was a victory for me, because I figured the lake would be packed with the weather and the NFL playoffs so I went way north and enjoyed a spot I use to fish 20-25 years ago. I was by myself all morning. Only caught 5, but they were nice and I enjoyed every minute of the peace and just being on the water.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Great White

If you fish in Turners, you are not being potlicked. That place is always full of boats.
Everyone fishes there, it's first come, first fish. Just need to attempt to stay far
enuff away from other boats that your lure cannot come close to another fishermans
lure. If our lines can get tangled, someone is too close.
If you are in Turners first, or any other reef that is producing at that time of year,
then consider yourself potlicked.
To me, potlicking is when you are fishing and catching, and someone slows down,
watches you pull in a fish, then comes in and sets up on your area.
I seen that every time I fished Prien Lake area. Boats hauling azz along the channel,
see you fighting a fish, slow down and wait to see what it is. As soon as you pull in
a fish, they ease in on you.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 879

Quote:
Originally Posted by sears View Post
How did you do? All the boats were working the East side Wednesday.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
We didn't do that well. We had a late start due to my wife needing to sleep late but it wass nice to have her in the boat with me. I'm probably going tonight and hopefully I should be able to avoid the crowds!
Old 01-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,424

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
There has been potlickers around forever, there is just more of them now days. Part of the problem is the elite status given to specks and reds. In the past, weekend warriors and beginners would get some dead shrimp or something and be happy just to go and catch some sheephead, drum, or croaker and they would begin their education on fishing and boating - may graduate to the 'elite' species, may not. Today, everybody skips K-12 education and goes straight to college. We, as people have also become so competitive, that we feel a successful day on the water has to equate to catching and people are willing to do what ever it takes to be succesful. We see it in the real world too. It has been a real struggle for myself. I used to fish a lot and catch a lot, then I 'retired' for about 8-10 years -just kind of pulled a Barry Sanders. Recently, I have decided I need to start getting back in to it and it is a struggle. Coming from the expectation of catching a limit and feeling like you are the one people are calling for a report or 'following' to the one who is looking for a report. I don't get to pick my days to go now days, my days pick me if you know what I mean. Because it is all about perspective, I'll share my New Years resolution because I think many of us need to remember why we get out on the water:

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday was a victory for me, because I figured the lake would be packed with the weather and the NFL playoffs so I went way north and enjoyed a spot I use to fish 20-25 years ago. I was by myself all morning. Only caught 5, but they were nice and I enjoyed every minute of the peace and just being on the water.
When I was a kid fishing with my grandpaw, we fished for bass, bream, redfish, and flounder. Specs were slimy, wormy !?*%#. Not worth keeping. Times change
Old 01-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
If you fish in Turners, you are not being potlicked. That place is always full of boats.
Everyone fishes there, it's first come, first fish. Just need to attempt to stay far
enuff away from other boats that your lure cannot come close to another fishermans
lure. If our lines can get tangled, someone is too close.
If you are in Turners first, or any other reef that is producing at that time of year,
then consider yourself potlicked.
To me, potlicking is when you are fishing and catching, and someone slows down,
watches you pull in a fish, then comes in and sets up on your area.
I seen that every time I fished Prien Lake area. Boats hauling azz along the channel,
see you fighting a fish, slow down and wait to see what it is. As soon as you pull in
a fish, they ease in on you.

I Disagree....because I know of several reefs that no one ever will fish on or even knows about.....I can sit and watch people for hours and no one will even go close....I will ease over to it...and start catching trout...then 5-9 boats start coming get on my drift line right behind me...SO YES TURNERS IS FULL OF POTLICKING PILGRIMS........... This post started with POTLICKING.....

They see a boat that is catching a fish or know who is in the boat...and they come ..

Like the other day...I was on a drift not by anyone....And was about to go back to when i started when 3 boats came in right behind me......I know for a fact they had no idea what they was doing because they ran with the big motor right on the sweet spot of that reef where I just boated 34 trout

Turners is loaded with sweet spots and I have about 13 I can go to any day and pull trout off of...
Old 01-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarian View Post

Most Texans do this and dont even try to trout fish......They think Sheephead is a game fish

That is the butt of most texas Jokes ......I cant believe Texas put a limit on Sheephead...... That is sad sad sad.....Everybody wants them..

We just cut em up and feed to pelicans
Old 01-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Great White

Turners is one big azzed reef.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Most Texans do this and dont even try to trout fish......They think Sheephead is a game fish

That is the butt of most texas Jokes ......I cant believe Texas put a limit on Sheephead...... That is sad sad sad.....Everybody wants them..

We just cut em up and feed to pelicans
They eat good, but they are hard to clean.
Trout are good to eat, fun to catch, but very easy to clean.
And there are millions of them.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Turners is one big azzed reef.

with lots of dead zones...........I can take you to 13 spots and catch trout every cast most of the time and move over 50 yards and catch zero
Old 01-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
with lots of dead zones...........I can take you to 13 spots and catch trout every cast most of the time and move over 50 yards and catch zero
Why wasn't you catching the day we saw you on Turners?
Old 01-08-2012, 08:44 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,846

Quote:
Lol....
Old 01-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
What day was that........thurs when. We had 30 trout at 9am
Old 01-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,565

Yeah ray 30 trout
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 01-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,506

Yea ray, by 9am!

+1
Old 01-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Yea ray....and not in turners either ray......
Old 01-08-2012, 11:09 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,846

Get it right Ray lol!!!!