SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 978
Default Gun ban list

http://rense.com/general85/obs.htm
dont like this one bit
Old 12-22-2012, 09:07 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 942

It looks like the list of guns Eric Holder allowed to go over the Mexican border in his Fast and furious debacle.

P.S. One of which killed a United States Border Patrol Agent.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,550

This is bad bad....I am willing to protest
Old 12-22-2012, 10:01 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 887

A ban on assault weapons is not the end of the world for gun owners, just those that want an assault weapon for whatever reason.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:09 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wag View Post
A ban on assault weapons is not the end of the world for gun owners, just those that want an assault weapon for whatever reason.
what is a assault weapon defined as?
Old 12-22-2012, 10:13 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,733

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounder_smacker View Post
You hit that right on the head. And they are unfortunately, fixin to define it for us!
Old 12-22-2012, 10:15 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
The former ban was this: from Wikipedia

"Criteria of an assault weapon

Assault weapon (semi-automatic) refers primarily (but not exclusively) to firearms that possess the cosmetic features of an assault rifle (which are fully-automatic). Actually possessing the operational features, such as 'full-auto', changes the classification from an assault weapon to a Class 3 weapon; merely the possession of cosmetic features is enough to warrant such classification as an assault weapon. Semi-automatic firearms, when fired, automatically extract the spent cartridge casing and load the next cartridge into the chamber, ready to fire again; they do not fire automatically like a machine gun; rather, only one round is fired with each trigger pull.[2]
In the former U.S. law, the legal term assault weapon included certain specific semi-automatic firearm models by name (e.g., Colt AR-15, TEC-9, non-select-fire AK-47s produced by three manufacturers, and Uzis) and other semi-automatic firearms because they possess a minimum set of cosmetic features from the following list of features:

A semi-automatic Yugoslavian M70AB2 rifle.

An Intratec TEC-DC9 with 32-round magazine; a semi-automatic pistol formerly classified as an Assault Weapon under Federal Law.
Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Folding or telescoping stock
Pistol grip
Bayonet mount
Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
Grenade launcher (more precisely, a muzzle device that enables launching or firing rifle grenades, though this applies only to muzzle mounted grenade launchers and not those mounted externally).
Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
Barrel shroud that can be used as a hand-hold
Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more
A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm.
Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:
Folding or telescoping stock
Pistol grip
Fixed capacity of more than 5 rounds
Detachable magazine."
Old 12-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,104

This sucks...
Old 12-22-2012, 10:37 AM
King Mackeral

So basically guns that look dangerous? Assault weapons are whatever they want them to be. What is banning these weapons really going to do? The market is already flooded with high cap mags and semi auto rifles. Are we supposed to give these guns up?
Old 12-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Glad I have my guns
Old 12-22-2012, 10:49 AM
King Mackeral

It's safe to say that there are millions of "assault" weapons currently in the us. And I'm sure there are going to be quite a few sold before this ban takes place. 8 months from now when some other mentally I'll goes out and slaughters people with a banned weapon then what? Guns are not the problem. People are.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
It's safe to say that there are millions of "assault" weapons currently in the us. And I'm sure there are going to be quite a few sold before this ban takes place. 8 months from now when some other mentally I'll goes out and slaughters people with a banned weapon then what? Guns are not the problem. People are.
I agree, people are the problem, they do the killing, but what weapon is their choice, an assault weapon. How many of these mass killings have been with a Browning Bolt action rifle or Remington 1100? Making assault weapons illegal to buy may just keep one idiot from walking into a gun shop or gun show and purchasing one to carry out another crazy act like CT. Wouldn't that be worth the ban? To me it would be, and I love my guns, but we got to start somewhere. There are a lot of other areas that need addressing also, mental illness and helping those in need would be another, Violence on TV and some of these video games our kids play everyday, another ....
Old 12-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
I agree, people are the problem, they do the killing, but what weapon is their choice, an assault weapon. How many of these mass killings have been with a Browning Bolt action rifle or Remington 1100? Making assault weapons illegal to buy may just keep one idiot from walking into a gun shop or gun show and purchasing one to carry out another crazy act like CT. Wouldn't that be worth the ban? To me it would be, and I love my guns, but we got to start somewhere. There are a lot of other areas that need addressing also, mental illness and helping those in need would be another, Violence on TV and some of these video games our kids play everyday, another ....
1) video games have a recommended rating. When you have a 10 year old playing a mature rated game, that's bad parenting.

2) mcvey used a uhaul truck packed with fertilizer to kill a whole lot of people. Do you see uhauls and fertilizer banned?
Old 12-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,550

Your crazy if you don't understand this is the path to eventually demonize your 1100 and bolt action browning.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:44 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
he didn't buy the weapons used in the shooting. he took them from his parents gun cabinet. people wanting to do harm will find a way. i do believe that there needs to be a stricter screening process for owning any firearm and more for owning a "assault weapon". banning them just will keep the honest people from buying one.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
1) video games have a recommended rating. When you have a 10 year old playing a mature rated game, that's bad parenting.

2) mcvey used a uhaul truck packed with fertilizer to kill a whole lot of people. Do you see uhauls and fertilizer banned?
Uhauls weren't banned but the The Secure Handling of Ammonium Nitrate Act of 2007 required the licensing of ammonium nitrate facilities and registration for buyers.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
Your crazy if you don't understand this is the path to eventually demonize your 1100 and bolt action browning.
It didn't happen before, ain't going to happen again.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Drunk driver killed a innocent person ( Obama is placing a ban on all vehicles )
Old 12-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
he didn't buy the weapons used in the shooting. he took them from his parents gun cabinet. people wanting to do harm will find a way. i do believe that there needs to be a stricter screening process for owning any firearm and more for owning a "assault weapon". banning them just will keep the honest people from buying one.
Where did I say that he did?
Old 12-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Drunk driver killed a innocent person ( Obama is placing a ban on all vehicles )
and alcohol