SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:04 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,211

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
LMAO you know that road all to well i suspect.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,201

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
I am going to re open this thread. I was coaching my sons baseball game tonight when this was posted so I could not respond.

The op did nothing wrong and was not given an infraction. If I wanted to cover it up I would have deleted the thread. He made it clear he is having an issue with Duce rods and if his issues are true then I have no problem with people hearing about it as long as it was done in a respectful manner which it was.

Threads on here get out of control fast, the thread was closed to avoid a bash fast of one of our sponsors. That being said they are not above criticism if they are not doing right by people then people should know about it so the thread was not deleted.

Does there need to be a 768 page thread to warn people? No the thread stayed so that if people do a search for that company they can still see what people had to say. I think it is a very fair way to handle a very bad situation.

For the record I will also always try to contact our sponsors myself when a member has an issue.
That seems fair, thanks for the response.

The only problem with shutting the thread down early is that what if the OP had a personal issue with Duce? No one else was able to comment on the section and they could have been Pro Duce and have had good experiences with them and would come to the companies defense. The larger the sample size of the responses, the more the consumer could make up his own mind based upon why the majority were saying, not the biased few on both sides of the argument.

That is why I don't believe censorship is best either way you look at it.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:10 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,195

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsufish View Post
That seems fair, thanks for the response.

The only problem with shutting the thread down early is that what if the OP had a personal issue with Duce? No one else was able to comment on the section and they could have been Pro Duce and have had good experiences with them and would come to the companies defense. The larger the sample size of the responses, the more the consumer could make up his own mind based upon why the majority were saying, not the biased few on both sides of the argument.

That is why I don't believe censorship is best either way you look at it.
Understood, it is a fine line and delicate balance. No doubt we make errors in judgment sometimes and are not perfect. Every situation is different.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:28 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Billystix comes to mind......He wouldn't back up his words, he was a sponsor, he didn't last too long once his rods started breaking.......
Old 05-14-2013, 07:33 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
Billystix comes to mind......He wouldn't back up his words, he was a sponsor, he didn't last too long once his rods started breaking.......
That dudes idea of giving away a free rod consist of

$50 shipping
$30 Sticker fee
$20 Color fee
Old 05-14-2013, 07:57 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

Has anyone got a response from duce?
Old 05-14-2013, 08:29 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

IMO, I think Casey handled it correctly by closing the thread. I also know that Duece is good people and I feel the problem will be rectified. I have some of the original rods built by him when he was still doing barber work on 90. I have one in my closet for my brother-n-law that needs repair and has been sitting there for a year. It's not Duece's fault, I just put it there and forget to bring it, and it's not mine so I guess I really need to drop it off soon or my BIL will start to wonder. They are making good on the rod, I just have to take care of it on my end.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:31 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayouchub View Post
Has anyone got a response from duce?
about a year ago you wouldve swore SC was a twitter feed for Duce.... now nothing.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:45 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

While I have no dog in this fight, I'd say that Anthony and company are probably experiencing some growing pains. When I started my business, it was easy to stay on top of every little detail and, keep everyone in the loop as to what was happening around the shop. As my business has grown, the time has flown and, yes, I drop the ball from time to time. I forget to make a phone call when I have 4 lines going crazy, parts to order for 7 or 8 cars, supplements to submit and, estimates to write.

I'm not excusing any actions but, I have to admit, I've had a few customers downright pissed at me for not responding in what they felt was not a timely manner. They were in the right but, it does sometimes happen. That said, by the time it was said and done, I had them back on my side and, if this is the case with Duce and Co., I'm sure they will make right on it. Also, as time progresses and, the big jump in growth tapers a bit, they'll learn time management to the level in which business has grown.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:54 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
While I have no dog in this fight, I'd say that Anthony and company are probably experiencing some growing pains. When I started my business, it was easy to stay on top of every little detail and, keep everyone in the loop as to what was happening around the shop. As my business has grown, the time has flown and, yes, I drop the ball from time to time. I forget to make a phone call when I have 4 lines going crazy, parts to order for 7 or 8 cars, supplements to submit and, estimates to write.

I'm not excusing any actions but, I have to admit, I've had a few customers downright pissed at me for not responding in what they felt was not a timely manner. They were in the right but, it does sometimes happen. That said, by the time it was said and done, I had them back on my side and, if this is the case with Duce and Co., I'm sure they will make right on it. Also, as time progresses and, the big jump in growth tapers a bit, they'll learn time management to the level in which business has grown.
Thats what I figured as well. He is pushing his product outside the state, but may need to expand his operations and employees.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:26 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
Thats what I figured as well. He is pushing his product outside the state, but may need to expand his operations and employees.

Good for them, hopefully they get into the larger market
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the-shark-tank-effect-stories-first-3-seasons1.jpg (25.2 KB, 431 views)
Old 05-14-2013, 09:39 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

Great show..
Old 05-14-2013, 09:51 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Shark Tank be eating people up......
Old 05-14-2013, 10:12 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,571

Customer is always right. You can always commumicate via Certified Mail to make sure he receives it.

You can only hope it is growing pains for a business owner. I am experiencing them now and SC is my only sanity!!!!!

As the saying goes, "First time, shame on you....second time shame on me!"

And the mods handled it right IMO!
Old 05-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 565

Maybe the Duce crew loaded up and went to Russia to film another fishing show just saying.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

If SC errors here, it needs to be on the side of the sponsor.......

We see all too often here we have drama queens with no axe to grind on either side of the issue sticking there egocnetric noses around.

I think it was handeled just fine.
If a sponsor is making/supplying/or doing crappy work/products........they will be gone soon enough.

Some of our sponsors are guys from the forum that have started their own dreams.
We should be the first to give them a pass when growing and learning about the new business.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:18 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
If SC errors here, it needs to be on the side of the sponsor.......

We see all too often here we have drama queens with no axe to grind on either side of the issue sticking there egocnetric noses around.

I think it was handeled just fine.
If a sponsor is making/supplying/or doing crappy work/products........they will be gone soon enough.

Some of our sponsors are guys from the forum that have started their own dreams.
We should be the first to give them a pass when growing and learning about the new business.
Very, very well said
Old 05-15-2013, 03:06 PM
Redfish

Cash: 944

I read it and I think Casey handled it well. legitimate issues discussed is one thing, venting and bashing is quite another.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:09 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

Any word from duce?
Old 05-17-2013, 07:11 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,086

I seen em on "gaff life" ; tv show that salt-life makes.

Dude said he was so salt life his toilet flushed with saltwater....