SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:51 PM
Flounder

Cash: 394

There is a black cloud over USL that not even Jager Bombs could fix. Good luck in the Ed Hardy Bowl.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:39 PM
Redfish

Cash: 888

As a USL grad I learned how to use Google also. W, a quick google search will show you LSU and many other universities have had protest,Die ins, and walkouts in protest of Fergerson
Old 12-03-2014, 10:41 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Someone tell W it's a vigil, not a visual
Old 12-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by leblanc272 View Post
As a USL grad I learned how to use Google also. W, a quick google search will show you LSU and many other universities have had protest,Die ins, and walkouts in protest of Fergerson
I really don't care who did it

It's takes a special kind of stupid to hold a candle to support a thug who attacked a cop

I just like to ruffle Rene and Makos feathers since they been hiding from sports bar after the App State beat down
Old 12-03-2014, 10:58 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Guess we can let the cat out the bag before anymore USL fans go tilt

Got this Text and we had a bet we could have both Rene (ASR) and Mako making comment with in 5 mins of post

We got Rene quick like alway but took Mako a little longer than normal !! See after the beat down App St put on USL they have been really quite

It's all good fun !!!
Lmao
I'm going kill fish tomorrow later
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (53.4 KB, 261 views)
Old 12-04-2014, 12:50 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

MAKO19 said: "Anyone on here ever heard of Berryl Shipley?"

I was at USL back then. My freshman year there would only be a few hundred people at a home basketball game. For the '66 season, after the first few wins..... the stands started filling up.

I think it was either the '69 or '70 season when USL broke into the top 10 ranking and you had to get to the game early to get a seat.

Bo had very good support from other team members. Flimming (sp) look as if he took another hit he would out. Ivory..... was a horse under the basket. I can't remember the centers name.... but he was dating a girl in the same dorm as my girlfriend. We often talked in the dorm while waiting for our date to come down. Lets just say the team really enjoyed the two trips out to the Hawaii Tournament.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:42 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
MAKO19 said: "Anyone on here ever heard of Berryl Shipley?"

I was at USL back then. My freshman year there would only be a few hundred people at a home basketball game. For the '66 season, after the first few wins..... the stands started filling up.

I think it was either the '69 or '70 season when USL broke into the top 10 ranking and you had to get to the game early to get a seat.

Bo had very good support from other team members. Flimming (sp) look as if he took another hit he would out. Ivory..... was a horse under the basket. I can't remember the centers name.... but he was dating a girl in the same dorm as my girlfriend. We often talked in the dorm while waiting for our date to come down. Lets just say the team really enjoyed the two trips out to the Hawaii Tournament.
Thats a great story! Thanks for sharing! I was not lucky enough to be around when you guys were rocking the Blackham but I have heard that same story from my Dad about getting in line first thing in the morning just to get a ticket to get into the game!

If you have not yet I recommend reading the book "Slam Dunked." It has a lot of interviews from the people who were directly involved with the entire scandal. Its not that easy to get a copy but if you search hard enough online you should be able to find a used one.

Also, there is a guy who is currently working on a movie titled "Lights out in the Blackham." He has been working on it for years but some of the clips he has released so far are VERY impressive! It really does have the potential to end up on ESPN as a 30 for 30 film. It would be great for Shipley's legacy to spread outside of the Southern States.

Im skeptical that ESPN would air it thou because it will no doubt show how racist the NCAA was at one time.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:20 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh life View Post
There is a black cloud over USL that not even Jager Bombs could fix. Good luck in the Ed Hardy Bowl.

Hahaha!!
Old 12-04-2014, 08:42 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,577
Default Oh lort

Oh lort
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d15b3a71b6897f60f55e2c1724a8f149.jpg (13.7 KB, 222 views)
Old 12-04-2014, 08:58 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
It's takes a special kind of stupid to hold a candle to support a thug who attacked a cop

I gotta agree with you on that, I mean really I guess America really is that stupid, although that was proven 2 yrs ago
Old 12-04-2014, 11:16 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Im skeptical that ESPN would air it thou because it will no doubt show how racist the NCAA was at one time.
During my second year watching USL basketball, the coach had recruited more black players. But on the court he always kept one white player..... for a long time.

Then when he finally put all black players on the court [I think it was maybe after a timeout]..... it did not go un-noticed by the "mixed" fans.

Another story.....

I think it was during the Christmas break of 2000. USL was ranked something like 5 or 6 th in the country and playing a nationally broadcast came on TV. I think USL was favored in this game.

USL came out playing poorly and was down by 10 at the end of the first quarter. Then down by 20 at the half. Down by 30 at the end of 3 quarters. Ended up loosing by 40 points.

It was either later that day, or the next day that the news of recruiting and other "payment" to the players violations was in the news. The team lost several more games by the end of the season.

The result of the violations was that the basketball program was shutdown for 2 years. To this day..... that is the harshes penalty ever give a collage basketball team.

Coach Shipley was a harsh style coach, he was always yelling at the players on the court and during timeouts. But I guess with some of the "ruff and street wise" players, he had to. One player was accused of stabbing someone at a bar. I think some money got exchanged to make those charges go away.

Having watched Coach Shipley for several years..... I did not have any interest to read the book.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:55 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
Some people believe that freedom of speech and right to assembly only matter when the speech and assembly is in line with their own beliefs.

Bingo!! Too damn many democrats!! The "fake guilty" white jackasses are really getting to be too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2014, 12:28 PM
Redfish

Cash: -1,658

W talking about class, that's irony at its finest.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:58 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchRex View Post
W talking about class, that's irony at its finest.
Anytime I see you comment on one of W's threads I always check it out. That was pretty weak dude. Come heavy next time.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
Anytime I see you comment on one of W's threads I always check it out. That was pretty weak dude. Come heavy next time.
His idle had not been fishing or posting reports so he is down in the dumps right now
Lmao
Old 12-07-2014, 02:31 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 918

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh life View Post

Ed hardy bowl, lulz. What bowl are the pokes going to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2014, 06:58 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
It's the holiday season, I'm trying to be nice. After the first of the year I'll start hammering on the dink catching, spell check breaking, GED having, meter reading, custom freeboard haynie having, mongloid midget known as Reddy.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:01 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchRex View Post
It's the holiday season, I'm trying to be nice. After the first of the year I'll start hammering on the dink catching, spell check breaking, GED having, meter reading, custom freeboard haynie having, mongloid midget known as Reddy.
Glad your in the holiday spirit Rackmynuts

Lmao
Gave your self up with "reddy" your the only tool that ever said Reddy

Tell how your Burger King dollar store guide service you been running off your dad's money is going. ?
Lmao

Dude loves some Me
Old 12-08-2014, 01:05 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Glad your in the holiday spirit Rackmynuts

Lmao
Gave your self up with "reddy" your the only tool that ever said Reddy

Tell how your Burger King dollar store guide service you been running off your dad's money is going. ?
Lmao

Dude loves some Me
Still chasing ghosts, what an idiot. You sure got a thing for Rackmynuts. LMMFAO
Old 12-09-2014, 12:46 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by "w" View Post
glad your in the holiday spirit rackmynuts

lmao
gave your self up with "reddy" your the only tool that ever said reddy

tell how your burger king dollar store guide service you been running off your dad's money is going. ?
Lmao

dude loves some me
[attach]79354
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1418103980756.jpg (38.9 KB, 62 views)