SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,644
Default Snow fishing on Big Lake

So I'm thinking about heading out tomorrow afternoon and Saturday morn to try my luck. What color topwater should I chunk? Snowflake? or Sleet? Ice fishing? Do I need to worry about bringing ice on the boat?

From Channel 7:

WINTER STORM WATCH HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR FRIDAY EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT FOR ALL PARISHES IN SWLA AND ACADIANA.
A chilly and dry Thursday is in store for us as northerly winds start to filter in some colder air. Expect some thin lower clouds around today, with temperatures climbing through the 40s and into the mid50s for highs. The chilly northerly breeze will be the beginning of some drastic changes for Friday. We'll begin by increasing clouds overnight, with lows in the mid 30s to the north and upper 30s to the south. Friday will start will cloud cover building and the northerly winds picking up in speed. An upper level disturbance will interact with some Gulf moisture, developing a low along the Gulf coast of Louisiana. This area of rain will lift north through the Gulf and move across SWLA. As it does, it will interact with southward advancing cold air. This interaction will likely turn a cold rain on Friday afternoon into some wet snow by Friday evening. The snow showers will likely last through the evening hours before tapering off early Saturday morning as temperatures at the surface continue to fall toward the freezing mark. The chances to see snow are looking increasingly better with each forecast model run. ..... Areas to the north and west will see the best chances for sticking or accumulating snow...
Old 12-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,935

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch.and.filet View Post
So I'm thinking about heading out tomorrow afternoon and Saturday morn to try my luck. What color topwater should I chunk? Snowflake? or Sleet? Ice fishing? Do I need to worry about bringing ice on the boat?

From Channel 7:

WINTER STORM WATCH HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR FRIDAY EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT FOR ALL PARISHES IN SWLA AND ACADIANA.
A chilly and dry Thursday is in store for us as northerly winds start to filter in some colder air. Expect some thin lower clouds around today, with temperatures climbing through the 40s and into the mid50s for highs. The chilly northerly breeze will be the beginning of some drastic changes for Friday. We'll begin by increasing clouds overnight, with lows in the mid 30s to the north and upper 30s to the south. Friday will start will cloud cover building and the northerly winds picking up in speed. An upper level disturbance will interact with some Gulf moisture, developing a low along the Gulf coast of Louisiana. This area of rain will lift north through the Gulf and move across SWLA. As it does, it will interact with southward advancing cold air. This interaction will likely turn a cold rain on Friday afternoon into some wet snow by Friday evening. The snow showers will likely last through the evening hours before tapering off early Saturday morning as temperatures at the surface continue to fall toward the freezing mark. The chances to see snow are looking increasingly better with each forecast model run. ..... Areas to the north and west will see the best chances for sticking or accumulating snow...
All I can say is have fun brother:shak ing:
Old 12-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

[IMG]http://forecast.weather.gov/images/***/navbarleft.jpg[/IMG]Enter Your "City, ST" or zip code NWS Lake Charles, LA
Zone Forecast: [SIZE=3]Calcasieu Lake (GMZ432)[/SIZE]Mobile Weather Information

Last Update: 335 PM CST THU DEC 3 2009
[IMG]http://forecast.weather.gov/images/***/marinezonebanner.jpg[/IMG]
Hazardous marine condition(s):

Tonight...North winds around 5 knots increasing to 10 to 15 knots after midnight. Lake waters smooth increasing to a light chop after midnight.

Friday...North winds 15 to 20 knots. Lake waters choppy. A slight chance of rain in the morning...then rain in the afternoon.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:14 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 843

Show em a chart W
Old 12-03-2009, 07:20 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay_slayer View Post
Show em a chart W
Attached Images
File Type: png 8768094_wi_72.png (3.7 KB, 69 views)
Old 12-03-2009, 07:25 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 843

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
LMAO
Old 12-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 980

W - why dem blue arrows have red tails?
Old 12-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

That means its gonna be f'n cold. "W" is a Chartmaster... Not troutmaster
Old 12-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Bruh...i smell a snow day coming! last year when it snowed a bunch, i had ducks out the wazooo flying