SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Just start bass fishin the calcasieu
_______ no! We already got enough damn spoons fishing it.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Lol
Old 05-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,207

Quote:
Originally Posted by inchspinner View Post
drifting with the current or wind the go way around em to the back or go a good ways ahead of to cut through...just think before your actions..
And that is the part people have a hard time with. Someone is running in the lake which is full of boats trying to be nice to other boaters it is very hard for them to tell if you are drifiting and where you are drifting to. So lets say X fishermen is drifting the south bank of big lake moving to the west and will eventually end up in the channel. Is the entire south bank (all X miles of it) off limits to anyone because X is headed that way. Everyone's opinon of "enough" room is different. Some here say 1,000 yards, some say 300 yards, etc... There is no way for your average guy that fishes six times a year to keep up with the latest rules of what will and will not start a huge incident.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
. I am constantly embarrassed by some of the comments that I see on here.

Until we get back to fishing for fun and relaxing on the water instead of constantly expecting and anticipating the next "pilgrim" to cause you a problem these types of things will only get worse.

Just my opinion.
Great comments here.
I compete everyday in business; when I'm on the water I think about nothing else but finding and hookin' a spec. I have no desire to get into turf battles on public waters. If I sense uneasiness from other boats in my proximity I leave to find other areas to fish. I really don't mind sharing an area with another boat or two if we're on a school in a tight area. Often the constant catching of fish will keep the school aggressive and biting. Just tell the other boats what you expect and how to anchor or drift the school in a polite manner. Works great.

Anger, aggression, entitlement are emotions best left in the truck and not in a boat.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
And that is the part people have a hard time with. Someone is running in the lake which is full of boats trying to be nice to other boaters it is very hard for them to tell if you are drifiting and where you are drifting to. So lets say X fishermen is drifting the south bank of big lake moving to the west and will eventually end up in the channel. Is the entire south bank (all X miles of it) off limits to anyone because X is headed that way. Everyone's opinon of "enough" room is different. Some here say 1,000 yards, some say 300 yards, etc... There is no way for your average guy that fishes six times a year to keep up with the latest rules of what will and will not start a huge incident.
This is true but there are no dotted lines or white lines telling you what and where you can go....its the GOLDEN RULE.....if you dont remember it ill refresh ya.....DUE UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO YOU...i teach my kids this....iits also having respect for other boaters that pay for their boats just like you do......and if you dont respect well then KARMA is a beeetch....maybe not from me but someone else will do it to rhem down the road.....thats the way I LIVE....
Old 05-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,207

Quote:
This is true but there are no dotted lines or white lines telling you what and where you can go....its the GOLDEN RULE.....if you dont remember it ill refresh ya.....DUE UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO YOU...i teach my kids this....iits also having respect for other boaters that pay for their boats just like you do......and if you dont respect well then KARMA is a beeetch....maybe not from me but someone else will do it to rhem down the road.....thats the way I LIVE....
Well said, I agree 100%.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,382

Quote:
Preach it!!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:42 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,604

Quote:

AMEN
Old 05-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Flounder

Cash: 688

I've been cut off, drifted up on, boats run by too close full throttle, etc and it is frustrating. But to retaliate by doing figure 8's around someone or getting into a fight over a fishing spot is rediculous. especially when the sheriffs office has to go tell my wife and kids I just got shot because of this retaliation. If you take fishing that serious, you need a new hobby. And don't preach about, " I pay a boat note, fuel, tackle, etc. so I take this serious", Most of us on here fish because we choose to, not because we have to.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Quote:
Originally Posted by evis102 View Post
To be honest it is the first confirmed fist fight on the water I have heard of. I really hope it's the last, all we need is sheriffs slow rolling around the lake like they do at Contraband.
Them's differnt Sheriff's Dept.
Commisary is down in Da Parish.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:33 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I'm about to fight at the landing....watching people who can't back a boat up

If you can't back a boat up straight or at least in two try you don't need to own a boat
Old 05-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Ling

U mad.....dont get your arse whooped by one of those weir fisherman lol
Old 05-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I'm about to fight at the landing....watching people who can't back a boat up

If you can't back a boat up straight or at least in two try you don't need to own a boat
Tell me what's it like being perfect at everything in life. I want to know whats like to never have a learning curve or have to learn period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Man i think they need to change the name from calcaseau lake to lake w. Let us all know when we can fish you lake sir!
Old 05-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmerc View Post
Tell me what's it like being perfect at everything in life. I want to know whats like to never have a learning curve or have to learn period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At least you know what it's like to graduate from high school.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Ling

Hes mad, cutler sucks and he hasnt caught a trout in over a week n a half lol.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:28 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,763

Dude's gonna have a rootin tootin coronary! Lol. Chilax Waltrip
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337974064.292756.jpg
Old 05-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,562

4g and a full charge...ballin'
Old 05-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,201

The problem i see is that right now there is another thread on this site where someone suggested creating "big lake fishing etiquette" flyers and posting/handing them out at marinas, fishing stores, etc.. IMO a very good idea that could be a great teaching tool for a novice about to head out on the water who otherwise wouldn't know better. THat thread has 3 replys total. Instead, people rather stay on this thread going back and forth and not solving anything. You will never fully eliminate inconsiderate people on the water, just as you wont eliminate them in life, but a little education would go a long way in helping cure this issue. I would imagine most people that are on the recieving end of a "figure 8" aren't inconsiderate, just uneducated.

Lets start being part of the solution instead of contributing to the problem.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsufish View Post
The problem i see is that right now there is another thread on this site where someone suggested creating "big lake fishing etiquette" flyers and posting/handing them out at marinas, fishing stores, etc.. IMO a very good idea that could be a great teaching tool for a novice about to head out on the water who otherwise wouldn't know better. THat thread has 3 replys total. Instead, people rather stay on this thread going back and forth and not solving anything. You will never fully eliminate inconsiderate people on the water, just as you wont eliminate them in life, but a little education would go a long way in helping cure this issue. I would imagine most people that are on the recieving end of a "figure 8" aren't inconsiderate, just uneducated.

Lets start being part of the solution instead of contributing to the problem.
What would the consider the person on the giving end?