SaltyCajun.com lake Area Marine

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 11-16-2015, 09:57 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852
Default 11/15/15 PAC - very tough day

sorry, no pictures, camera sleeping with fishes which is explained below lol.

took 3 friends out fishing sunday in point au chien and the wind was making things very tough. we decided not to run up to the mine because of the wind plus I didn't want to make a long run in the main canal in choppy water with an overloaded boat (4 people in a 17ft flatboat) so we stayed south and fished around catfish lake/lake billiot area and surrounding marshes.

after a few hours without a single trout bite we switch to market shrimp and hit the marsh for reds.

the current was very strong (too strong for the fish to want to fight against I believe) and we failed to catch anything in moving water behind points marsh openings and eddies so we switched up and went inside the marsh to find water that wasn't moving and get out of the wind that was blowing and there we found some limited success.

they were fresh water fishermen so they were happy just to catch a fish that pulled harder then a bass and so by their impressions they thought we had a great day even though we had a bad day.

so for all four of us added up, we ended the day fishing 8 straight hours to come home with 8 reds (one 20" and the rest 18") and two specks around 14" plus a couple on puppy drum and three or four little 14" rat reds we threw back and thankfully only caught 4 small hard heads which was a relief, especially when fishing with dead shrimp on the bottom.

as we were getting ready to leave the guy decides to take a picture of the lades with the fish and his girl friend holding up her 20" red. well he is standing on very bow (for the best picture angle) when the big red was still lively and jumped out of her hand and nearly went in the water so she screamed and jumped back (she is scared of holding fish) ends up stepping on a fishing pole and tackle box breaking breaking both and dumping the tackle box everywhere. as this was happening, the flat boat rocks hard and picture boy goes right into the cold water and comes back out so fast I don't know how he even got wet but without his sunglasses or the camera lol. falling into cold water on a cold day makes you move pretty fast and the ending was kinda par for he course of how the whole day went but it gave us all something to laugh about on the way home.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:11 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 672

got me laughing there for a min. yea been in the picture boy shoes before. but wasn't taking pictures, was using my trolling motor and bumped in some unexpected stump that wasn't visible and got me flying face forward into the water a couple of fishing trips but didn't lose anything cux I made damn sure my rod and reel stay in my hand the whole time. all in all its well worth the good times and stories to tell down the road.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:12 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

Past 2 weeks caught in canals around the sulfer mine... Went yesterday and had a day equal to the saints game....4 trout and all the lil trout seemed to be gone...I think we need a front to blow out the fresh water and bottom out and maybe when it comes back up the fish will return....I saw it a couple years ago the fish were in and a rain storm dumped 8 inches and they were gone for good....Might be time to hunt....
Old 11-16-2015, 06:39 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 672

lol lil bubba good one abt the saint game... wishing they fire rob ryan but at first rumors started that he was fired but then payton stepped in and said he isn't fired. but anyway yea gonna have a good soaking tmw night from another nasty weather so the fish sure must have packed their suit cases and headed out. but once the rain makers settles down and northern winds flushes out the fresh water then it sud be better by then.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:51 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

well they were calling today wanting to go again next sunday, not sure if they will have a new camera or not but I will suggest they wait till we are at the dock for taking pictures lol.

hopefully the reds will be hungry, im not even going to try for trout next time. these fresh water "ditch fisherman" as I call them, are looing for more reds to rip their arms off since they "never caught anything that pulled so hard before" and they were just 18" reds lol.

I sure hope I can find them a few over 24" and maybe one over 26" so they can have a chance to experience that. I forgot how special it was for someone new to first experience what redfish are like. camera guys girlfriend who as all of 90 lbs soaking wet, made noises that sounded like a dogs squeak toy everytime something happened lol.

over the years I got to where I fish straight artificial for trout and if I don't catch I go home, I don't even bother fishing for reds even when they are biting like mad. I just prefer the taste of trout and feel if im not going to be eating it why catch it?