SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 07-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducktrickster View Post
You really need a chance to hunt with well trained retrievers. No offense.
My dog has been professionally trained by "Water Dog Kennels" just outside of Nola. He picks up the ducks and brings them back to me. Thats all that matters. We not trying to win any field trial championships where i hunt, we just mash ducks! He has bloodtrailed deer and picked up 100s of ducks. I have never seen any dogs work well together IMO. But of course u have yours. Who would need to hunt more than one dog at a time anyway? Where i hunt u dont have room to hunt more than one dog.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,952

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
My dog has been professionally trained by "Water Dog Kennels" just outside of Nola. He picks up the ducks and brings them back to me. Thats all that matters. We not trying to win any field trial championships where i hunt, we just mash ducks! He has bloodtrailed deer and picked up 100s of ducks. I have never seen any dogs work well together IMO. But of course u have yours. Who would need to hunt more than one dog at a time anyway? Where i hunt u dont have room to hunt more than one dog.
I'm not getting into a contest with you speck. I have no doubt that your dog does everything you want and more. In the end, that's all that matters. I have had my most enjoyable hunts hunting multiple dogs. I guess I just like to see good dog work. When you have a group of teal buzz and you knock down 6 or 7 it makes for a much quicker pick up with multiple dogs so that you can get back to hunting. That's just one example of when hunting with more than one dog would be convenient.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducktrickster View Post
I'm not getting into a contest with you speck. I have no doubt that your dog does everything you want and more. In the end, that's all that matters. I have had my most enjoyable hunts hunting multiple dogs. I guess I just like to see good dog work. When you have a group of teal buzz and you knock down 6 or 7 it makes for a much quicker pick up with multiple dogs so that you can get back to hunting. That's just one example of when hunting with more than one dog would be convenient.
My dog is by no means a perfectly trained dog, but he gets the job done. I will jump out the blind and start picking up the rest when that happens. We just hunt little potholes in the marsh and there usually isnt enough cover or room for more than 1 dog. Main need for a dog out there is to keep u from losing the ones that fall in the grass. I just know pretty much every dog (male especially) that i have been around would not work well with another dog. Maybe if u trained him to his whole life. Just ask Asterisk Rich about when u put 2 males around each other just at the camp! Asterisk almost lost his hand trying to break up a fight b/w my dog and a buddies'.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,952

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
My dog is by no means a perfectly trained dog, but he gets the job done. I will jump out the blind and start picking up the rest when that happens. We just hunt little potholes in the marsh and there usually isnt enough cover or room for more than 1 dog. Main need for a dog out there is to keep u from losing the ones that fall in the grass. I just know pretty much every dog (male especially) that i have been around would not work well with another dog. Maybe if u trained him to his whole life. Just ask Asterisk Rich about when u put 2 males around each other just at the camp! Asterisk almost lost his hand trying to break up a fight b/w my dog and a buddies'.
All most people wat is a dog that gets the job done. Most problems, including aggression towards other dogs, can be fixed if the owner wants to fix it. Until then, enjoy your dog. That's what you have him for. Asterick, keep your hands out of dogfigts. LMAO.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,044

He's been doing great!! I got a new job so haven't been able to work with him everyday like I was. We've been really working hard on the whole marking thing but it's getting better every time. I still have your number so I'll give you a call one afternoon.