SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 01-01-2014, 05:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 26,289
Cheers Report 12-28-13

Today I had **** and Sean Blaise onboard. We spoke yesterday about the conditions today, as we knew it would be raining. The guys sounded gung-ho and were ready to fish. Looking back through all of my useless guide reports I noticed we have had near to full trout limits starting around Sept 21 2013 everyday until today. Over the past two months we have limited out during fronts and post fronts, so I was 99.9% sure we would limit out today knowing how good the bite has been the last few days. Anyhow, it rained on us all morning and the bite was extremely slow. We still managed to box some nice trout despite the horrific conditions and we called it a day early as we gave it our all. The bite did seem to be picking up as we were leaving, but I decided to cut our losses and reschedule these guys with no charge today. The guys had a great morning considering the conditions and can't wait to come back. The trout bite has been a bit finicky with the fish short striking the baits. It's best not to try and set the hook the second you feel the bite (as you will pull the hook away from them). It's best to stop reeling for a second or two to let the fish swallow the bait then continue to reel at a steady pace. The fish will hook themselves. Thanks **** and Sean as I look forward to your return next week.

Capt Marty
985 856 4477