SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Westerly neighbor

Cash: 3,535
Churn Resolve to Beat Cancer!

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pass along information about the new program we are kicking off at Children's Brain Tumor Research Foundation, called Resolve to Beat Cancer! This is a wonderfully simple program that I hope you all will take part in. Our goal is to have 1000 participants and 10,000 sponsors (an average of 10 sponsors for each participant). Please spread the information below to everyone you know via Facebook, MySpace, church groups, workplaces, etc! Maybe we can get 100,000 participants!

All of the details are available at:

http://www.cbtrf.org/resolve-to-beat-cancer

For those who prefer to read it here, below is the information copied and pasted from that link.

What is Resolve to Beat Cancer?
Resolve to Beat Cancer is a program created by Children’s Brain Tumor Research Foundation to raise funds for research into prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of rare pediatric brain tumors. In addition, the program will help to promote healthy lifestyle choices in the community.

How Does It Work?
We all make resolutions at the beginning of each year to improve our lives in one way or another. According to a recent ABC News poll, 45% of Americans resolve to lose weight. In addition, 70% of Americans that smoke report that they would like to quit. Why not make 2010 the year you make a positive change in your life? Better yet, what if you could make a difference in the lives of others…potentially the difference between life and death for a child diagnosed with brain cancer? CBTRF has resolved to do just that!

If you have decided to make a positive change in your life, we simply ask that you involve your family, friends, acquaintances, and coworkers to help you. Using the attached sign-up form, simply ask people you know to support you in your challenge by pledging a donation to CBTRF to aid in your success. If interested, they can opt to make a one-time contribution in honor of your commitment or choose to pledge a graduating amount based on the level of your success. For example, your friend or family member may opt to donate five dollars for each pound you lose, or twenty dollars if you go a month without a cigarette. The program will run from 1/1 – 1/31/2010.

Example: A friend pledges $5 per pound you lose during the month of January. On January 31st, your cumulative weight loss for the month of January totals five pounds. Your friend would donate $25 to Children’s Brain Tumor Research Foundation in honor of your accomplishment.

What’s In It For Me?
It is commonly known that change is easier with the support of friends and family. Involving people you know in your decision, and adding potential benefit for others in your cause, will make you more likely to stay focused on your goals and ultimately surpass them! In addition, prizes will be given to the participants who lose the most weight or complete the month without smoking, and to those who bring in the highest amount of donations. Prizes and categories will be determined based on number of entrants, and will be announced as soon as possible.

How Do I Sign Up?
Simply complete one of the forms attached and find sponsors. Everyone is eligible to sign up, all 250,000,000 Americans that make resolutions each year! Please pass this on to everyone you know, including church groups, coworkers, etc. Our goal is to have 1000 participants and 10,000 sponsors (10 sponsors per participant, on average). Please help us reach it!

If you’d like to post on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, etc., you can refer them to this URL:

What Payment Methods Are Accepted?
On or after January 31, participants should collect all of the funds pledged by their sponsors, and should send to CBTRF no later than February 15, 2010. Checks should be made payable to CBTRF and mailed, along with the registration form, to CBTRF, PO Box 950, Porter, TX 77365. In addition, funds can be sent using a credit card or bank draft via the "Donate Now" button on our website at www.CBTRF.org. If paying online, please either scan the form and email to resolve@cbtrf.org or fax to (281) 354-7499. If your sponsors will be sending funds directly to CBTRF, please ask them to put your (participant’s) name in the "Note" field when paying via our website, or on the "Memo" line of the check to ensure that you receive credit for the donations.

Are Donations Tax Deductible?
Children’s Brain Tumor Research Foundation is a tax exempt public charity under IRS 501(c)(3), and all donations are tax deductible to the maximum allowed by law. Receipts are provided upon request only for donations less than $250, so please have your donors specify if they require a receipt. Receipts will automatically be issued for donations over $250, as long as a valid email address or physical address is supplied by/for the donor.

Where Do I Get the Forms?
You may download forms from this URL:

Resolve to Beat Cancer Information and Sign-Up Sheet

Thank you all in advance for helping us make brain tumors a distant memory!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Resolve.pdf (768.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 11-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Westerly neighbor

Just a friendly reminder now that Thanksgiving is behind us and December starts tomorrow! Please pass this information along to everyone you know...if this event gets "viral" on the internet, we could raise enough money to fund rare tumor research for an entire year with this one single program!

I also wanted to remind everyone that you can set up CBTRF as your charity of choice on your Kroger or Randalls/Safeway/Tom Thumb cards and 1% of all of your purchases at those stores goes toward brain tumor research without costing you a penny...and it is SIMPLE and FREE to do! Just click below for more information...

http://www.cbtrf.org/howtohelp/merchant-loyalty-cards

Thank you to all of you that have PMed and emailed me to let me know that you are passing this along to your friends and family! This is our first nationwide program, and I can REALLY use your help in getting it started and making it successful. Your support makes it worthwhile for me to keep going!
Old 12-23-2009, 07:49 PM
Ling

Cash: 562

spreadin the word shad!!!! its gonna get noticed!!!
Old 12-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Westerly neighbor

Thanks, bro!
Old 12-24-2009, 01:18 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,303

Im all for fighting cancer no matter what type.My dad passed away last year from stomach and esophiga cancer and 4 months before that his brother passed away from lung cancer and never smoked in his life.And in between that my mom had a kidney removed because of kidney cancer.Allthis from march-august of 2009.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:16 AM
Ling

Cash: 562

yep, ive had a run in.my dad battled lymphoma for 17 years till he succumbed to it in 2007.cancer sucks.noone should hafta put up with this crap...especially innocent children.we dont know gods plans,or why he does what he does.we just needa have faith and trust in HIM always and know that its HIS will,not ours.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Westerly neighbor

Hi Everyone,

For many families, including ours, 2009 was a very difficult year. Having lost our son to a rare brain tumor in May following a 13 month battle, we understand the pain and devastation pediatric cancer causes, and the randomness with which it strikes. In honor of our son's life, and for the countless thousands of other children whose lives have been cut short by cancer, we have dedicated ourselves to finding new treatments, and eventually a cure, for childhood brain tumors. We need your help!

With Christmas now behind us and the year coming to an end, most of us will make resolutions to improve our lives in 2010. Why not help save lives while carrying out your promise to yourself? All you have to do is get your family, friends, and coworkers to support you in your goal! For example, if your resolution is to lose weight, ask them to pledge a donation of $2, $5, or $10 to CBTRF for every pound you lose. It's that simple! It will help to keep you motivated to meet your goal, and support childhood cancer research.

I'd like to ask each of you participate in some way with this program, and there are several ways to do so. The greatest way to help is to actively participate, and recruit your friends and family to support you in your resolution. Alternatively, you may opt to support a friend or family member in their resolution rather than personally participating. Lastly, you can help by simply passing this information on to anyone you know who may be interested in helping our cause. Please take a moment of your time to help in at least one of these ways! You can find all of the information about this program at:

Katie and I are both participating with a resolution to lose weight for the new year. During our son's battle, we found it extremely difficult to eat properly or find any opportunity for exercise, so we both have plenty of room for improvement in this area. If you don't wish to personally participate in the program, please consider pledging your support for one (or both) of us in our goal. The program runs from January 1st to January 31st. If you wish to pledge $1, $2, $5, $10, or any other amount per pound that one of us loses, please send me an email at jeff@cbtrf.org with your pledge amount and which of us you are sponsoring. Alternatively, if you would prefer to donate a specific dollar amount, you may do so by clicking the "Donate Now!" link on the left-hand side of our website at www.cbtrf.org .

Thank you in advance for your help in making our Resolve to Beat Cancer program a huge success! We wish you and your family a wonderful 2010!

Best,
Jeff, Katie, Paige, and Angel Jonathan Shaddix