Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 03-17-2016, 11:26 PM
Redfish

Cash: 669

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin i was fishin View Post
Network, actually doesn't have anything to do with it. If your bow unit works at both locations, and your console unit works on neither, then the problem is in the console unit.

If you can not successfully do a hard reset on the console unit, then it will have to go to the factory unfortunately.

you will need to bump up the fuse on your console/lss1 power lead to at least 6 amps, 10 amps max.

Here are the reset directions just in case.

Sure it does, it's power over Ethernet. The HDS uses the data cable for power also. Thus, power is supplied from the network, bow unit works, console does not. The problem is in the console unit main circuit board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2016, 09:57 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin i was fishin View Post
Network, actually doesn't have anything to do with it. If your bow unit works at both locations, and your console unit works on neither, then the problem is in the console unit.

If you can not successfully do a hard reset on the console unit, then it will have to go to the factory unfortunately.

you will need to bump up the fuse on your console/lss1 power lead to at least 6 amps, 10 amps max.

Here are the reset directions just in case.
Thanks,

I tried the soft reset with no luck. Didn't want to do the hard reset just yet until I had no other choice. I'll try that today after work.

I thought about doubling the fuse size to 6 like you're saying too. I fished Saturday with just the bow unit at the console and played around with the structure/side scan and it worked fine with a 3 amp fuse. I just would rather blow a few fuses than burn a unit up not knowing if the 6 amp was ok to do. But you're saying it's good to go with a 6 amp correct?
Old 03-21-2016, 10:03 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juciy View Post
Sure it does, it's power over Ethernet. The HDS uses the data cable for power also. Thus, power is supplied from the network, bow unit works, console does not. The problem is in the console unit main circuit board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn't know that. So you're saying I could power a HDS unit with no power cord, and just the Ethernet cord from the LSS1?

Like I could not have the power cord plugged in to my bow unit, but have the LSS-1 powered on, with the Ethernet running from the LSS-1 to the bow unit, and still turn it on the HDS on?
Old 03-21-2016, 10:08 AM
Tripletail

Also,

I spoke with a lowrance support person just now. He said if the unit is out of warranty but is between 2-5 yrs old, they would charge me $300 to replace it. He also advised trying the hard reset first. Gotta find the serial number and call back with it to see when the original purchase was though.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:07 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

They have an hds 5 for sale on the site

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2016, 07:38 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaman View Post
They have an hds 5 for sale on the site

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Yea I saw that. It's a gen 1 with all the power cords and transducer for 250 if it's the one I saw. I contacted the guy about it but all I really need is the head unit, and lowrance might replace it for 300 and it is a gen 2.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:30 PM
Tripletail

Ok, got a new HDS gen2 Touch to replace the previously mentioned HDS gen2 that crapped out on me. Here's my next question.

I just got a new Ethernet cord to network the two units. I'm also thinking about buying the GoFree Wifi module and linking an ipad to one of the units to mount at the console also (cheaper than buying another HDS). If I were to do this, could I run an Ethernet cord from the wifi module, and both HDS units to the LSS-1 box and use that as a networking point? I have a push button HDS gen2 7 at the bow, with a Touch HDS gen2 7 at the console. I know the Touch has the LSS-2 built into the unit itself and has no need for the extra box, but if I were to run an Ethernet cord directly from one HDS to the other HDS, I'm all out of Ethernet ports (yellow plugs). So then I wouldn't have anything to plug the Wifi module in to. The LSS-1 box has 3 Ethernet ports.

Thanks,
CB
Old 07-11-2016, 01:52 PM
Tripletail

This would be the ethernet connections only, all routhed through the LSS-1 box.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1468263076029.jpg (30.1 KB, 25 views)