SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 03-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER View Post
that sucker gonna spit in my snowcone the next time i go over there. I was just playing dog!! In my will ferall voice "you my boy lcd"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Consider your wife banned from Mr. Snow! Have fun explaining that one when you get home!
Old 03-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I think anyone who has "thunder stick" on there gun barrel has been pilgrimlized
Old 03-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,851

wow, i just wasted 20 minutes of my companies time catching up...where do I start? I really enjoy every year/trip that I am able to hunt. It enables me to spend time with my family which most people don't have the pleasure of doing. With a little luck maybe this year I can make a hunt with my little man, dad, and grandfather and enjoy 4 generations of hunting. If we kill ducks that will be a bonus. It'll definitely be fun though. As far as zones and seasons, one way or the other it will be out of our control for the most part. I agree with flyways shifting which I believe to be due to more than two handfuls of events happening/happened. With a little luck, after all the ups and downs, I just hope to have a place to hunt with my son as he gets older and hope its not on public land where i have to deal with the bickering and griping. Happy hunting boys.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Old 03-20-2012, 03:49 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,550

all the duck hunting I'll be doing....

The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 03-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

you kill so much more with this on your barrel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MPW99CB.jpg (14.2 KB, 84 views)
Old 03-20-2012, 04:11 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting infers the probability of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

I have meat stick on my gun, and if that makes me a so called pilgram then so be it. Why are ya'll worried about what people do to there huntinh/fishing equipment that they used their hard earned money for. So i guess people that wear nice hunting cloths and have nice hunting equipment can't kill ducks.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake chuck duck View Post
consider your wife banned from mr. Snow! Have fun explaining that one when you get home!

i guess i should go ahead and get a lawyer, cause i'll be a single man after i tell her this news. Lol!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
there is nothing you can do about the afflication/tap out duck style hunters...the ones on tv who push that crap make to much damn money and hunt where they want.
Ala Phil Robertson?? Y'all need to stop buyn his $hit and the other Rambo Duckhunters DVDs. I started duck hunting again when we had 30/3 in lacassine. Had maybe 4-5 other groups hunting and we smoked the mallards every trip. Fast forward to the first year of the 5 duck limit and the mermentau looked like a Greatful Dead concert with all the runing lights going round in circles. NWR's should be managed here like they are in oher states; draw for blind location every morning,25 shells per man,get busted loose privileges for entire season.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Ala Phil Robertson?? Y'all need to stop buyn his $hit and the other Rambo Duckhunters DVDs. I started duck hunting again when we had 30/3 in lacassine. Had maybe 4-5 other groups hunting and we smoked the mallards every trip. Fast forward to the first year of the 5 duck limit and the mermentau looked like a Greatful Dead concert with all the runing lights going round in circles. NWR's should be managed here like they are in oher states; draw for blind location every morning,25 shells per man,get busted loose privileges for entire season.
Excellent post. I think lacassine has the potential to be some of the best hunting in the state if it was managed properly, but that's a whole 'nother issue. I would love to see a lottery system every morning and limited shells. Maybe even build blinds and let the public help. I know I would volunteer
Old 03-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

I love how most say the ISSUE is we have too many hunters BUT THEY who say that are part of the problem since they hunt to.....just like when someone goes fishing and cries about how many boats were on the lake...ever think this person is saying the same about you..
Old 03-20-2012, 08:12 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Lmao...limit of shells...c mon man... That's not going to happen...and Lac. Will always be a 1st come 1st serve deal...
Old 03-20-2012, 08:13 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Not saying too many hunters. Just too many posers wit money.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Lmao...limit of shells...c mon man... That's not going to happen...and Lac. Will always be a 1st come 1st serve deal...
I agree. They can't even enforce the rules they have now. Much less add more. But in a perfect world...
Old 03-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

I hunt private farm land so the only people who bother me are ones in the blind...
Old 03-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

Quote:
It would help cut down the sky busting that goes on. If you hunt lacassine you would be for this rule. I don't mean limit shells everywhere. Just in the reserve
Old 03-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
I hunt private farm land so the only people who bother me are ones in the blind...
They won't let you stand on the bench? Lol j/k
Old 03-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcnabb View Post
It would help cut down the sky busting that goes on. If you hunt lacassine you would be for this rule. I don't mean limit shells everywhere. Just in the reserve
I'm 100% for limit of shells in the refuge. But it would be nearly impossible to enforce that. Especially when they 1 agent for all three refuges.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

new duck rules....if you make too much money you cannot hunt (not sure what to put the $ cut off at) 25 shells max (only 2-3/4") single shot shot gun only, 6 decoys max (if you use MAG DEEKS 3 max), one duck call per hunter, only can kill mallards, season 30 days, cannot hunt weekends, can only wear the old school cammo,....did I miss anything...