SaltyCajun.com http://www.ccastar.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:40 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,212

I think its awesome to be so passionate about something. I don't think I'm wired that way. I tend to like a lot of things but not really love any one thing. I have to many interests I guess. Also I just admire the work ethic(for lack of a better term) that people have to persue their hobbies/interests
Old 05-22-2015, 12:21 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,142
Default Those 1 day trips 2hr drive.....

Make those 2 hr. drives to fish when you are young. It gets harder for me as I get older. I fished bass tourneys for years and leave at 3:30 or 4 am and fish till 4pm. After weigh in load up and go home. The worst 2 trips I had in the past was a blowout on the boat trailer on the way home. I was pulled up in a spot just south of Jasper and laying up under trailer putting jack under axle and I hear a growl.....look out and a big Doberman was eyeing me in his territory. All I can say is the Doberman realized I was a dog owner and I was not used as a chew toy. Don't do night tournaments anymore.

Last edited by Elbert Chamblee; 05-22-2015 at 12:23 PM. Reason: add too
Old 05-22-2015, 07:52 PM
Redfish

Cash: 837

I don't get to fish near as much as I would like. Last fall was the last time I fished golden meadow. I woke at 3am, loaded 3 kayaks (Jackson big tuna on top of truck cab and two in the bed. Left New Iberia at 4am, drove to Galliano launched and paddling by 630, fished till noon, loaded all up again headed to leeville re-launched and fished hard till sundown (7pm or so). Loaded up and drove back to NI. After paddling and fishing all day on the very warm day, only one redfish and one trout to show, that was a tough trip back home. My body was aching all over, I think I may have had a bit of heat stress. I think I was in pretty bad shape until we stopped in Galliano and got a cold drink and something to eat. On the trip home, I was seriously thinking of giving up on kayak fishing....till I woke up the next morning and remembered that one nice red I caught. But seriously, my fat 51 year old body can't hardly take an 18-19 hour day anymore. But, I'm planning on doing it again next saturday!!! HERE'S TO TIGHT LINES FELLAS!!!!
Old 05-23-2015, 07:11 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Running long?
Terrebonne Bay hitting structure
Old 05-26-2015, 07:07 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawl79 View Post
No camp and live in St. Landry parish. Every trip is 1:15 + drive, some up to 1:45 minutes.

Would be great to have a camp but for time being we wake up early. Fish hard and long if we have to. It's too much gas not to stay all day if we need to get the ice chest full. Most time we are cleaning fish late into the evening....

We only make one trip a weekend, it's just too much to do that both days.
We try to make our trips count..
I felt your pain my entire life... Moved to Carencro and its not much better, but it makes a difference. I did move further away from my northern bass lakes that I miss the shorter drive to though.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:11 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 3,299

I moved to Houston and will travel for good forecast.

Last week I kept getting pics from my padnas hammering trout so I jumped in my truck and headed 6 hours to Cocodrie for a few days. A man can only look at so many pictures before he has to go make his own.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1.jpg (58.1 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg image2.JPG (134.2 KB, 94 views)
Old 05-26-2015, 02:17 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965

Gbay is right there close. Matty too
Old 05-26-2015, 04:01 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crab View Post
Gbay is right there close. Matty too

I know people that make that 6 hr drive too, trout populations must really suck in big TX
Old 05-26-2015, 04:35 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Last Red eye trip i made to G.I. by myself i left br at 230 am was fishing at day break Surf fished till 4 pm . cleaned fish and started home. Made it to hwy 308 and guess i fell asleep. Woke up hours later and everything was green. God was watching over me and i ran off the road to the right in an area where the ditch was shallow and out into a cane field.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:01 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965

Dang eman.....the good old days huh?