SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-16-2013, 11:30 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556
Default Boudreaux's @ Leeville

As of July 4th ,Boudreaux's motel in Leeville will no longer allow the public to launch at the motel. Guest only.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 980

According to Lafouche Parish President at last weeks council meeting, Bobby Gros has it all under control
Old 06-16-2013, 01:51 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

I talked to Kent last time I was there and he told me they were getting sick and tired of the way people acted, not paying the launch fee coping an attitude about paying etc. blocking up the parking lot. They own the place and what will they be out of if they do this? Not much and certainly what they make off of allowing he public to launch there isn't worth the hassle. I don't blame them. I mean they maintain the fish cleaning area provide a public restroom and have a decent launch. People have a problem paying $5/$10 for all that?

Isn't a public boat launch in the works for Leeville? Boudreax's is much more convenient for me and I'll continue to launch there no matter what but I stay there regularly and I've known the owners since I was a kid. It's a shame it's come to is though. I'm sure it'll hurt Terry's business.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:46 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 980

I don't blame Boudreaux's one bit. Everything "make oil" said is correct.
The public launch (which in my opinion is much needed in Leeville) has met one delay after another. It would be a great asset to Leeville, it's merchants, and the fishing public.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,486

It's crazy the way some people act at the launch. No-count, inconsiderate, utterly tuned out, narcissistic arse-clown behavior who then try to skip out on paying.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:36 AM
Flounder

Cash: 673

I will be at Boudreaux's this year for july4th, every year it has been a hassle fighting the $$%%%$ (public) and people not paying. It's a crowded parking lot and the customers that are staying there should come first!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:41 AM
Redfish

Cash: 972

When I worked at spicers every Saturday and Sunday I would check every vehicle at the marina and if they didn't leave the launch slip showing that they payed the launch fee on their windshield as the launch fee states I would write their plate # down and leave a notice on their windshield and they always payed after that
Old 06-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patt View Post
When I worked at spicers every Saturday and Sunday I would check every vehicle at the marina and if they didn't leave the launch slip showing that they payed the launch fee on their windshield as the launch fee states I would write their plate # down and leave a notice on their windshield and they always payed after that

You shouldn't have to do that. $5 to pay for a launch is the probably the cheapest thing you going to pay all day.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:32 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
You shouldn't have to do that. $5 to pay for a launch is the probably the cheapest thing you going to pay all day.
And besides that, I've heard stories (unverified) of launches in Florida charging $28 to launch and park! Granted, there are lots of public launches (state parks, NWR, etc) but talk about sticker shock if you've never done it before!
Old 06-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patt View Post
Yeah you put one on my windshield 3 days str8. I was staying at the cabins and was told I didn't need to pay but I still got my tag everyday.

" Don't Worry Don't be Afraid Ever because Its Just a Ride "