SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion

Freshwater Fishing Discussion For discussion of everything freshwater!

Old 10-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 656
Default HENDERSON/Ramps

new to fishing the area here not looking for anyones special spots but where do you put in a 19 ft bass boat and in this area?? I hate to drive out there and not find fishable water.

to give back I have found some reds moving around the ICW and Vbay area with a solid wht spinnerbait.

Thanks in advance
Jason
Old 10-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiffster View Post
new to fishing the area here not looking for anyones special spots but where do you put in a 19 ft bass boat and in this area?? I hate to drive out there and not find fishable water.

to give back I have found some reds moving around the ICW and Vbay area with a solid wht spinnerbait.

Thanks in advance
Jason
Several launches on the south end of the lake,most cost 3-5 bucks to launch. 1-10 launch is public,free to launch. If you have never fished the lake before I would go with someone that knows the lake. Lots of stumps to hit if you don't know where to pass. You can launch at the park in butte la rose and start fishing. Not many stumps to hit if you stay in the middle,good fishing too. Also,butte la rose canal is a no wake zone.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Sand Trout

ok thanks for the fast reply. I dont mind paying the launch. Looking at the water i knew it would be full of stumps and shallow areas. My father is coming down just looking to do a few days of LA fishing in the area. Bass Sac's and maybe slide down for some reds and drum.
Im in the abbeville area just not alot of time to get out and fish since being here
Old 10-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiffster View Post
ok thanks for the fast reply. I dont mind paying the launch. Looking at the water i knew it would be full of stumps and shallow areas. My father is coming down just looking to do a few days of LA fishing in the area. Bass Sac's and maybe slide down for some reds and drum.
Im in the abbeville area just not alot of time to get out and fish since being here
If I am not hunting one weekend you can follow me and I can show you around the lake. I grew up fishing the lake,no where near as good as it used to be but still good area to fish. Been catching some really nice sacalait this year,bass have mostly been 11-13" footballs.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Sand Trout

i will be offshore this week but thanks i will let you know if anything changes
Old 10-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Flounder

Cash: 692

Easiest access to Henderson in my opinion is the public launch more often than not it seems the pay launches are having problems with the hydrilla floating in on them. Plus its free! Lately I have been having some luck right at the pylons underneath I10 with rattletraps worms and pretty much anyhting else I can think of. There are a few more spots but they are a bit difficult to describe. If you stick with main boay of water points and sunken logs you should at least catch a few.

G
Old 10-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Sand Trout

Thanks guys. It appears that this work thing continues to get in the way so it will be the last week of OCT and first week of NOV. Just looking to get out with my old man and catch some fish and have a good time. If you guys can recomend any other areas Im open to try any areas.