SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 12-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Last minute call

After some well deserved rest I was heading out the door to do some banking and pick up a few things I need for the house before finishing off my Christmas lights. My phone rings and a gent from Texas has 2 guests down here from Canada and was wondering if I was available. YEP!!!!

It was already close to 7:30 and the fog was thick in the river. I told them I could be on the water in an hour. As we headed down the river near the head of passes I was about to change my mind as to the area to fish. I did not want to cross there alone in the bay boat with no radar. There is a bay boat in the area getting ready to cross. I talk to him and we go for it. As we start out 2 others join us. Once into the pass everyone goes their own way. As I move to a point with the trolling motor we are hooked up.

Another test for the trout rod. This is one of the guys from Canada and it is his first Venice Bull Red.

The fight lasted quite a while in the shallow 3-4 foot water. To the victor goes the spoils.

Once the picture was taken of this 22 pounder at 39 inches I sent it back to fight another day. We moved in a little closer to the point and it was game on with the trout Our first keeper was about 13 inches but it got us started. It was also his first La. speck.

We spent most of the day in the same spot. When we ran out of bait I switched them to plastics and we got bigger trout.

In the mix we found 3 sheepshead. One of them I put back but kept 2 of them.

We also nailed a good keeping size black drum.

About 2:00 the air got sharply cooler and I noticed a fog bank starting in the area of the river. I called it for the day in the interest of safety. As it was we had a very active day with a 2 person limit of keeper trout, 2 white trout, 2 sheepshead, and 1 puppy drum.

As I was cleaning the fish they asked if I was available for tomorrow. I am taking them out again. Talk about happy customers. With the fog now gone and the temps due to drop about 30 deg. from today to the low 40's and 10-18 mph winds I will be in the same area tomorrow but with cloths on.

Looks like the Christmas lights will have to wait a few more days.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Old 12-07-2013, 01:38 AM
Redfish

Cash: 893

Nice job Cap! I'm sure they had a blast. Tell those Canucks to send some ducks down here to return the favor.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:34 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Good stuff capt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,322

Good job Capt!!!!
Old 12-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Redfish

Cash: 750