SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion

Freshwater Fishing Discussion For discussion of everything freshwater!

Old 07-30-2015, 12:49 AM
Flounder

Cash: 979
Default Has anyone been bass fishing at night on Vernon Lake?

I was wondering if anyone has bass fished Vernon just before dark and maybe even into the night time hours? If so, how has the bite been and on what baits have fish been caught on?
Old 07-30-2015, 12:02 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass1960 View Post
I was wondering if anyone has bass fished Vernon just before dark and maybe even into the night time hours? If so, how has the bite been and on what baits have fish been caught on?
No clue man. I know I've done well before around dock lights at night in the summer before up there. Stay way away from them and make the longest cast possible. They spook more around the lights seems like. If you get a good sunny day with no wind they usually school fairly good in the evenings around the dam also. Always seems like if it clouds up or gets too windy they go down. It's hot and miserable but if you wanna catch a ton of dinks go idle around about 150yds off the dam and look hard until you see them come up. If you have 3 or 4 buoys kick one out each time they come up and you get to them. After they come up a few different times, you'll eventually have an area outlined with those buoys and they'll keep coming up close to inside there, so you can kinda just hang out in the middle of it and pick up a few while they're down also.
Old 08-08-2015, 01:49 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 708

Ive fished Vernon 3 times from 4pm up to 11pm...mind you that I am in a kayak...no depth finder, no motor so I am limited to where I go... watermelon red anything is a go to color be it worm, grub, or lizard... I have caught some nice 2-3lbers on buzz baits with frogs behind them but that bite has been limited to near dark til about an hour after dark...if there is moonlight it lingers...I don't use crank baits so I cant comment first hand about them, but some others that I know fish at night up there use em and do well 10-14'...
I do stick to my lures I make which limits me, but I manage to catch enough to feed the family so its all good...
My Louisiana Triple Threat with the above mentioned watermelon red or punkinseed, or old style motor oil 7-8" worms rigged weedless on it has caught some good fish... but of course most use this type of rig with swim baits only...I am different and fish very differently from others...I was raised bass fishing and never followed anyone LOL

Hope this helps...

Tight Lines
God Bess

Doc
Red Alert Lures
Old 08-30-2015, 09:58 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 454

Best I've ever done was right next to the spillway. Fished till daylight, must of caught 10/15, nothing big. Must of re-tied 10 times because of the rocks next to the top of the spillway. Can't do it now because its agin the law. This was many years ago.