SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,829
Default Defending yourself from a bully in high school will get you suspended

Got back from work yesterday afternoon and my daughter kinda looked upset so I asked her what was wrong, she said she was suspended from school. I asked what happened, she told me a big girl in her class started fussing with other students and then came to her and was fussing at her for no reason, my daughter told her to leave her alone then the girl came after my daughter and hit her so my daughter defended herself and put the bully to the ground. Teacher and students backed my daughter and said the other girl was the aggressor , to sum up the story is that you are not suppose to fight back, kinda makes me mad cause all she did was defend herself and now is suspended .
Old 11-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 946

If it makes you feel any better Same thing happened to my daughter at Grand Lake, they have a zero tolerance, should be case by case but that will never happen.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Bring her out to a steak dinner.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,022

Sad, but back in the day when had bullies pick on you and you couldn't fight back the coach took you aside and taught you boxing.
Then you may not have won, but the bully left you alone. No big deal!

Now its almost like they are trying to wussify our society.
Typically a bully will leave someone alone if you fight back due to they are all bark and no bite.
They want people to run or not to fight back due to they rule with loud bark..
I worked as a Prison guard on the floor in California when I first got out of school.
A few bullies would bark alot and try to scare other prisoners.
Once the prisoners fought back they got in line and shut up pretty quick.

They are not punishing the bully they are giving the bully power to go on with their action by punishing people for fighting back.
Maybe the people that made the rules got picked on alot and were not brave enough to get bullies to stop picking on them.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Redfish

Cash: 843

Same thing happend to my daughter. The public school system is really screwed up. I second the steak dinner. Bambam
Old 11-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

X3 on the steak dinner
Old 11-08-2012, 09:31 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 758

X4 on the steak dinner and tell her next time make it worth the suspension
Old 11-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
Bring her out to a steak dinner.
Lol, I'm proud cause she defended herself but I didn't tell her that but bad part about it is that she is only allowed to catch up 50%. of the school work that she misses, i have always told my kids never to start trouble or hit first but if someone hits them to fight back.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:35 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Congradulate her for doing the right thing. I have a senior and a 7th grader, boys, and 2 step boys. Things sure are different nowadays!

Their is a story out right now that 140 arrest have been made so far this year......wait for it............at Lafayette Parish schools. The teachers are begging for support from the parents and some discipline. I see it everytime I put a uniform on, the respect of teachers, adults, and other students is going down the toilet from "some" of the youth today.

On the same note, I do see some schools making a turn to teach the right things in life. I will save that list till later.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:35 AM
Ling

Then they told her if she was 17 that she would have gone to jail!!!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,353

Would it be worth getting an attorney to write a letter to the principle stating she was defending herself?

WTH do they expect you to do, sit there and take it till someone breaks it up?
Old 11-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Good for her She will not be bullied anymore and maybe kept a lot of other kids from being bullied in the future. Sometimes doing the right thing gets you punished.

And private schools are no different than public schools when talking about the parents. Wife has worked both and the lack of parenting can be seen in both. Even at the daycare where my child attends, I see this one particular child that is dropped off at the earliest time until the latest time (6:30 - 5:30) every single day and it makes me sad that she is often the only one there

I think every bully I ever remember is now in jail or has at least been to jail and are unproductive people in society. Screw em, they need their butts kicked and put in their place now before they get out out of school and placed in jail and we have to pay for them forever.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Flounder

Cash: 589

I have a step son turning 18 next week and he is small for his age. His younger brother is 14 and a foot taller than him. Older kid is in high school and the younger one is in middle school. The problem is that the older one gets picked on on a regular basis at school. I tell him not to fight but defened him self. He is a kid that doesn't look for trouble and tries to avoid it. He know's if he fights he might end up in jail. Because of this he wants to quit school. Really sucks can't go to far in life without an education.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

My wife is a teacher and hates it. The kids have zero respect and do not do their work. When she gives them a zero for not doing their work, they don't care. Then when report card is bad they wanna "make the work up". It's not like they were absent, they just were "clowning" during class and said F the school work. Then when the parents show up for a conference, want to get pissed at my wife for not letting them "make up" the work!! I blame the parents for the way kids act. If I did half the things she tells me these kids do, my dad would have kicked my ***, made me go rack the yard(5acres) then kick my *** again. 7th graders talking about who they ate havin sex with is reduculous
Old 11-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

I've got two kids coming up now. Almost school age. I realize that they'll get kicked out of school for defending themselves and, with me, that's fine...I'll come pick them up when it happens! If they are expelled, I'll find another school district. I figure, if they defend themselves a few times in a couple of different school districts, the word will get out to leave them alone or suffer consequences!

It's a damn shame that our society has turned this way but, I'm willing to counter it by whatever means neccessary when it comes to my kids and their future!

Oh yeah, I'd beat the snot out of em too for being disrespectful like so many are today! I'd do in front of their teacher if needed. My dad did that for my elementary school with me and, it worked like a charm! LOL
Old 11-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

My little boy has a kid in his class that was bullying him, I told him slap in the face as hard as he could or punch him the nose...... thing about it is that he's going to be to school with these kids for 5 more years in the same class (1 class per grade), if he doesn't put his foot down now...... this is going to go on till they get out of school.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,295

Good for your daughter.
I would take her out and do something special because she stood up for something that is not right when others would not.
Half of the problem with this world is people will not stand up for what is right.

When I was in school if you got arrester for stopping some one for bulling I would have stayed in jail. One thing I can’t stand is a bully, and have knocked the **** out of more than my fair share than of them. The funniest thing when you knock the crap out of a bully most of the time they have a total different outlook at life after. Some it take a few more times to learn.
I’m 38 years old and still will call a bully out in a heartbeat.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Redfish

Cash: 861

Don't worry about her missing any assignments. I have 2 in high school and yes it is very important to push them to do their best in school and we all use grades to set that standard and want them to make high grades, but I promise at the end of high school, an A vs a C in elementary school or middle school is 100% totally irrelevant. Especially based on these circumstances because it isn't a case of not understanding. Sucks yes, but that bully won't pick on her anymore so mission accomplished. Tell her to enjoy the time off school for 'good' behavior.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

The bullying rule in school is truly pointless. Basically, if we are being harassed you have to tell the person to "stop" 3 times, then you may duke it out, and you won't get in trouble.

Or just be able to b.s. the principle and call it done. Sucks that happened however.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

You need to go whip the girls dad for him not raising her right.
He will get tired of the *** kickings sooner or later and start kicking her ***.