SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:11 PM
*****Cajun *******

Cash: 662
Default New custom billystix spiral in the works

Guys
i have been working on a new version of my custom billystix spiral for some time now close to a year, it has been kinda hit and miss and i have just had a hard time getting my ducks in a row but i think i am ready to unveil a new "trial" version of my custom billystix spiral everything mechinically will be the same just a slight change in one guide and a little less thread work, i am noi totally happy with it at this point but i believe it,s time and i am going to unveil it here with you guys, i already have a spiral bait caster with no trigger and the folks that have had them built love the feel, as they have said to me
"i have never liked that dang trigger it gets in the way" mostly guys that wade are the ones that truly love that one, and i believe this one will be the ticket for some fishermen.
I will give you more details as i get closer to offering this new spiral.
Stix
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NEW--REDFISH-CHASING SHRIMP LOGO.jpg (62.5 KB, 49 views)
Old 09-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Picture?
Old 09-20-2009, 05:07 PM
*****Cajun *******

Cash: 662

RAY
I CANT POST A PHOTO DUE TO THE FACT THAT I DO NOT HAVE ONE CURRENTLY, BUT AS SOON AS I BUILD ONE I WILL POST IT FOR YOU GUYS TO LOOK OVER, BUT I CAN TELL YOU A BIT MORE ABOUT IT,
FIRST I AM GIVING THOUGHT TO SLOWING DOWN ON THE THREAD WORK NOT THAT IT WILL BE GENRIC LOOKING BUT PERHAPS A LITTLE CLEANER LOOK PERHAPS DO A LITTLE MORE WITH DECAL'S AND CHANGE SOME THREAD WORK TO GIVE THE ROD A NEW LOOK, THEN THE FIRST GUIDE BEING THE STRIPPER GUIDE IT WILL NOT BE A NORMAL TWO LEG GUIDE BUT IT WILL BE A SINGLE LEG GUIDE AND IT WILL NOT BE STRAIGHT UP, IT WILL START THE SPIRAL RIGHT AWAY ALSO THE GUIDE WILL BE CLOSER TO THE REEL SEAT, NOT A TREMENDEOUS BIT CLOSER BUT CLOSER, I ALREADY BUILD MY OFF SHORE RODS WITH THE SPIRAL STARTING RIGHT AT THE FOREGRIP AND I DO MEAN RIGHT AT, MAKES A TOTAL WORLD OF DIFFERENCE, BACK TO THE INSHORE SPIRAL, BY CUTTING DOWN ON THE BUTT WRAP THIS WILL ALLOW ME TO GET CLOSER TO THE REEL FOR BETTER LINE CONTROL, I ALSO WILL BE ABLE TO ADD ANOTHER GUIDE POSSIBLY 2 MORE, EVER SAW A 6FT6 ROD WITH 9 GUIDES? AND A TIP OR POSSIBLY 10 AND A TIP, TOTAL FISH CONTROL AND TOTAL CAST CONTROL, JUST BEEN PLAYING AROUND WITH THIS FOR A WHILE, BUT I KNOW WHEN YOU GET A BIG FISH ON A MED ACTION BLANK 6 GUIDES IS NOT ENOUGH FOR FISH CONTROL, BUT IF YOU HAVE LOW PROFILE GUIDES AND ADD TO THEM AND THEY WEIGH NOTHING "YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF THIS YOU ARE A BILLYSTIX OWNER" THEN ADD A COUPLE LIGHT WEIGHT GUIDES COULD MAKE A GOOD ROD JUST A SMIDGE BETTER, BUT THEN AGAIN IT MIGHT NOT BE THAT MUCH BETTER JUST SOME TOYING AND FOREVER TRYING TO GET THE CUSTOM BILLYSTIX TO PERFORM AT IT,S PEAK I WILL NEVER BE TOTALLY HAPPY WITH MY WORK, I WILL DO MY BEST BUT I WILL ALWAYS TRY TO OUT DO MYSELF.
STIX
PS TOMORROW I WILL POST SOME NEW ROD PHOTOS THAT I AM JUST COMPLETING, I THINK YOU WILL LIKE THEM ONE IS WAY COOL.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NEW--REDFISH-CHASING SHRIMP LOGO.jpg (62.5 KB, 26 views)