SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:07 PM
Redfish

Cash: 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by seachaser250 View Post
I think they do want that. But its not going to be possible to keep Trump or Cruz out as the nominee if either has an overwhelming majority of delegates but still short of the 1,237.

I know they do some behind the scenes shady stuff but this election is far from behind the scenes. It's the most transparent election ever held. I could be wrong though. The republican establishment might want to commit suicide.
I hope you're right, because, like someone said earlier, the liberals seem to be more unified, it don't matter to them if its Hillary or Bernie, as long as someone's in office to "redistribute" the wealth, and take away your Constitutional Rights, their happy.

Last edited by Baychamp1; 03-16-2016 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:11 PM
Redfish

Cash: 365

You would think, that after this latest attack in Brussels, Trump's immigration and border policies are starting to make more sense to a lot of voters.

Last edited by Baychamp1; 03-22-2016 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:54 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baychamp1 View Post
You would think, that after this latest attack in Brussels, Trump's immigration and border policies are starting to make more sense to a lot of voters.
Yes, you would think. But it seems like a lot of folks will vote 3rd party or not vote at all thereby giving the election to the Dems. Hope I'm wrong!!
Old 03-23-2016, 10:33 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
Yes, you would think. But it seems like a lot of folks will vote 3rd party or not vote at all thereby giving the election to the Dems. Hope I'm wrong!!

Yep!! "my baby Bush isn't in it, Im not voting!"

I REALLY don't like Cruz, and that's my right, but if he is the nomination I will vote for him. Because HELLary will take away my rights, my money, my guns! HELLary is Obamas 3rd term on steroids

just to be clear I didn't support Bush....................
Old 03-23-2016, 10:40 AM
Redfish

Cash: 623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baychamp1 View Post
How so?

The two suicide bombers were reported to be Belgium natives. Born in Belgium. Trump style policies would have had no effect at all.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:49 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
How so?

The two suicide bombers were reported to be Belgium natives. Born in Belgium. Trump style policies would have had no effect at all.
Except for when they went to Syria to train and came back. "Maybe" when they were vetted as to where they had been that might have stopped them. ANYTHING is better then the OPEN boards we have now. HONESTLY Im surprised it hasn't happened here yet has easy as it is to get into the US from the South
Old 03-23-2016, 11:01 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post
Except for when they went to Syria to train and came back. "Maybe" when they were vetted as to where they had been that might have stopped them. ANYTHING is better then the OPEN boards we have now. HONESTLY Im surprised it hasn't happened here yet has easy as it is to get into the US from the South
How do you propose we do that legally in the United States? How do we stop only Muslims from coming into the country? How do we only question Muslims about their travels? Give me what legal basis you have to effectively execute such a policy.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:08 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
How do you propose we do that legally in the United States? How do we stop only Muslims from coming into the country? How do we only question Muslims about their travels? Give me what legal basis you have to effectively execute such a policy.
If that becomes the new basis, what's to stop them from saying people from Louisiana are too conservative and cannot travel to neighboring states? Once it starts, where does it stop? You cannot give the federal government that much power and expect them to use it wisely.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:18 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:

You do know they did this back in WWII to Germans and Japanese , How ironically we haven't won a single conflict once WE became politically correct, Everyone that has kicked our azz is NOT. Korean war, azz kicked, Vietnam, azz kicked, Gulf war era, well we are sorta still Fooking the football on this, 1000s on our boys killed, and the area is worse off, Id say azz kicked. We are not winning crap due to PC. don't want to hurt anyone feelings. this she itz in the middle east will never end, just like Vietnam.

Maybe once people are blown to parts and pieces on American soil, you brothers and sisters, people you know are dead, maybe the mindset will change, As of right now to many people think "oh that's bad, but its over there, no worries here"

How do we stop only Muslims from coming into the country? Unless you are a citizen you have no rights here, just as I don't have a RIGHT to go to Australia or Germany or the UAE, I am a guest in their country and they can refuse me entrance at any time they please. Why cant we refuse entrance to anyone we please ESPECIALLY ones we think are a risk to the safety to our country.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:25 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,165

What's to stop a similar scenario as Belgium where someone born and raised in the United States gets terrorist training and attempts a terrorist attack in our country. Immigration policies won't stop that. What happened in Belgium is a different scenario than not allowing Muslims to travel to the United States.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2016, 11:41 AM
Redfish

Quote:
You do know they did this back in WWII to Germans and Japanese , How ironically we haven't won a single conflict once WE became politically correct, Everyone that has kicked our azz is NOT. Korean war, azz kicked, Vietnam, azz kicked, Gulf war era, well we are sorta still Fooking the football on this, 1000s on our boys killed, and the area is worse off, Id say azz kicked. We are not winning crap due to PC. don't want to hurt anyone feelings. this she itz in the middle east will never end, just like Vietnam.

Maybe once people are blown to parts and pieces on American soil, you brothers and sisters, people you know are dead, maybe the mindset will change, As of right now to many people think "oh that's bad, but its over there, no worries here"

How do we stop only Muslims from coming into the country? Unless you are a citizen you have no rights here, just as I don't have a RIGHT to go to Australia or Germany or the UAE, I am a guest in their country and they can refuse me entrance at any time they please. Why cant we refuse entrance to anyone we please ESPECIALLY ones we think are a risk to the safety to our country.
You do realize we apologized to those people, paid reparations to them and changed our policies since then, right?

Even if you were able to change the policies regarding foreign Muslims, singling out and questioning Muslim American citizens about their travels is a much stickier proposition. The likelihood of successfully pulling that off in today's America is slim to none.

What's worse, the Brussels attack should have proven to you that those policies wouldn't do a darn thing to stop terrorist attacks. People don't need to physically go to other places to become terrorists. With all of the mass shootings in America, we should know home grown terrorism is real. We should know the whole world is interconnected and information is exchanged in the blink of an eye.

Lastly, interning Japanese and German Americans in WWII didn't do a darn thing to win the war. It was just the result of racial and ethnic fear mongering. Just as what Trump is proposing will do absolutely nothing to stop terrorism. It's just religious fear mongering.

Unfortunately, racial and religious fear mongering are enough for some people. No thoughtful or practical solutions needed.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:44 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott craft View Post
What's to stop a similar scenario as Belgium where someone born and raised in the United States gets terrorist training and attempts a terrorist attack in our country. Immigration policies won't stop that. What happened in Belgium is a different scenario than not allowing Muslims to travel to the United States.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
When you try to come back in the US with your passport, they see where you have been, and if its suspicious areas you get the "special line" ya all that can be FAKED to a degree, but if your pass port dosent line up with that they have on file as to your travels, theres a flag.

Now currently if come back to the US from the South and don't us customs and come back illegally (yes you can come back illegally, even though you are a citizen here) and cross the boarder with out going through customs, there is nothing to stop you (did someone say something about a wall?) I say that lounge n check but the fact is security as to get better.

How many of you leave your back door open at night or when you go to work?
Old 03-23-2016, 11:50 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,165
Default Trump's first day as POTUS

Personally I think all the terrorist training someone needs could probably be obtained without leaving the country. I also think that the people doing this kind of stuff are smart enough to train in countries that are "suspicious". Besides in regards to illegal entry into our country quite a few aren't coming from Mexico.

Long story short Trumps immigration policies probably won't stop terrorists, better security might.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:53 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
You do realize we apologized to those people, paid reparations to them and changed our policies since then, right?

Even if you were able to change the policies regarding foreign Muslims, singling out and questioning Muslim American citizens about their travels is a much stickier proposition. The likelihood of successfully pulling that off in today's America is slim to none.

What's worse, the Brussels attack should have proven to you that those policies wouldn't do a darn thing to stop terrorist attacks. People don't need to physically go to other places to become terrorists. With all of the mass shootings in America, we should know home grown terrorism is real. We should know the whole world is interconnected and information is exchanged in the blink of an eye.

Lastly, interning Japanese and German Americans in WWII didn't do a darn thing to win the war. It was just the result of racial and ethnic fear mongering. Just as what Trump is proposing will do absolutely nothing to stop terrorism. It's just religious fear mongering.

Unfortunately, racial and religious fear mongering are enough for some people. No thoughtful or practical solutions needed.

What currently is being done OBVIOUSLY dosent work, (say how would you like to have $150 BILLION back?) something, anything HAS to be done.

Like I said mid sets arnt going to change until peoples wifes start coming home in body bags and all that you get back is a head, a foot in a boot, and half a hand with her wedding ring on it, just from going to wal mart to get your Chinese made crap! Again ""oh that's bad, but its over there, no worries here"

Quote:

I do know this ALL TO WELL, I am a second generation German. my grand parents were barred from coming here until all the CRAP got straightened out.
Polices have changed and I refer back to my earlier comment, we have lost every conflict since the "Policies changed"

How then should we "MAKE AMERICA SAFE AGAIN" ?? how?

Last edited by marty f; 03-23-2016 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:07 PM
Redfish

Quote:
I do know this ALL TO WELL, I am a second generation German. my grand parents were barred from coming here until all the CRAP got straightened out.
Then you should know times are different. This is not 1944.

Let me ask you this:

Since these policies work so well, and Louisiana is full of folks who agree with them, why hasn't "terrorism" been stopped in Louisiana? Why do we still have people shooting up movie theaters? Gunning down people in the streets on a daily basis.

If you have all the answers, why isn't Louisiana a peaceful oasis? How are you so sure policies that you haven't been able to apply here will work for the entire US and the world? All we have to do is vote for Trump. Explain that to me.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:39 PM
Red Snapper

Never said I had all the answers, but something has to be done, and what "is" being presented does appeal to me, Stop the ones coming in that are causing problems. Yeah we have home grown, internet, and self proclaimed back yard Jihadists, but we have to start some place because what is in place does not work. Sitting back and saying "that wont work, that wont work. that wont work" you have now become part of the problem, either help or get out of the way

As far as "why isn't Louisiana a peaceful oasis?" I don't know where your at but to me it is a wonderful peaceful oasis, fishing doesn't get any better, and I want to keep it that way! If my son, my fishing buddy gets killed going to the market because of some radical in the name of Allah, yeah my days of peaceful fishing are over.

You don't like what some have offered, and that's your right, but I have answered your question, so answer mine, how do we "Make America SAFE again?"
Why cant we refuse entrance to anyone we please ESPECIALLY ones we think are a risk to the safety to our country. Australia, Germany and the UAE do it (well Germany has lost its mind now)

Quote:
why hasn't "terrorism" been stopped in Louisiana? Why do we still have people shooting up movie theaters? Gunning down people in the streets on a daily basis.

Not sure where you are seeing terrorism in LA at but the majority of people getting "gunned down in the streets on a daily basis" is daily crime, drug related mostly, sad it is, but not terrorism, theres a difference. The only movie theater shooting I know of in LA wasn't terrorism, It was some kook from AL just driving down I-10 and stopped in Lafayette.

Last edited by marty f; 03-23-2016 at 01:04 PM.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:15 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Never said I had all the answers, but something has to be done, and what "is" being presented does appeal to me, Stop the ones coming in that are causing problems. Yeah we have home grown, internet, and self proclaimed back yard Jihadists, but we have to start some place because what is in place does not work. Sitting back and saying "that wont work, that wont work. that wont work" you have now become part of the problem, either help or get out of the way

As far as "why isn't Louisiana a peaceful oasis?" I don't know where your at but to me it is a wonderful peaceful oasis, fishing doesn't get any better, and I want to keep it that way! If my son, my fishing buddy gets killed going to the market because of some radical in the name of Allah, yeah my days of peaceful fishing are over.

You don't like what some have offered, and that's your right, but I have answered your question, so answer mine, how do we "Make America SAFE again?"
Why cant we refuse entrance to anyone we please ESPECIALLY ones we think are a risk to the safety to our country. Australia, Germany and the UAE do it (well Germany has lost its mind now)

Not sure where you are seeing terrorism in LA at but the majority of people getting "gunned down in the streets on a daily basis" is daily crime, drug related mostly, sad it is, but not terrorism, theres a difference. The only movie theater shooting I know of in LA wasn't terrorism, It was some kook from AL just driving down I-10 and stopped in Lafayette.
Are you aware of the contradictions you make or are you just confused?

How can Louisiana be a "wonderful peaceful oasis", but what we're doing "is not working"? We're not stopping all Muslims at the borders. We're not questioning all American Muslim travelers. How is it possible that you seem to be doing just fine? Maybe somebody, somewhere IS doing something to keep us safe.

As far as local terrorism goes, there is no difference between shooting people in a movie theater and blowing up people in an airport. People died. Yet, the State of Louisiana didn't start stopping all transients at the border. Didn't start rounding up and questioning all transients about their comings and goings. Because, you know, what we were doing before was clearly not working. Why not?

Like it or not, we're a nation of laws. Laws that we proclaim should apply to all people equally without regard to sex, race, religion, creed or disability.

While it's acceptable to you, I do not desire to return to a time where our laws allowed us to segregate and castigate entire groups of people on characteristics alone.

What should we do? Just as local law enforcement doesn't round up all people with certain characteristics when a crime is committed, as a nation we need to focus on those committing the crimes. Rather than demonizing entire groups of people. The vast majority of which are not a threat to anyone.

Yes, we need to aggressively root out and destroy those who are determined to destroy us. Let's use all of our resources to directly oppose those who terrorize others without using our own fear to marginalize entire groups of people for no other reason than it appeases the sensibilities of bigots.

Last edited by Renegade; 03-23-2016 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:34 PM
Red Snapper

So I take it you think our government is doing a damn fine job at protecting us? Nothing has happened so everything is grand?
Old 03-23-2016, 02:47 PM
Redfish

There is always room for improvement. Things that we can learn. Things that we can do better.

However, this is America. Our history has led to us doing things certain ways for a reason.

Simply put, what Donald Trump is proposing will not fly. Even he will have to work within a framework of laws.

I don't subscribe to idealistic fantasies. I'm about practical solutions to real problems.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:48 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

What do you consider to be a real problem?