SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:01 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,142
Default Bayou Classic Fryers

Bought this last week because of made of SS. Loud.... but should do the job next week. It says you can reuse the grease a few times. Looking for a few pointers from SC folks. Thanks for the info and Have a great Memorial Day with family and friends
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bayou classic 4 gal..jpg (49.8 KB, 456 views)
Old 05-22-2015, 12:32 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

How much?
Old 05-22-2015, 12:43 PM
Trophy Trout

From Amazon...I also bought the big SS single basket. Will probably order the rolling cart later. $330 free shipping. Tax was added to my bill for some reason and trying to sort that out. Also the thermometer went to 198 or so and hung up. Contacted the factory and I received a new thermometer in about 4 days.
Bayou Classic 700-701 4-Gallon Bayou Fryer Stainless Steel

Last edited by Elbert Chamblee; 05-22-2015 at 12:45 PM. Reason: pictures not showing up
Old 05-22-2015, 01:11 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,103

We have the Cajun Fryer by RV works, Homer, LA.

LOVE it, got the 2.5 gallon, fries as fast as you can put in. We cook for big groups all the time, never a time issue. Saves on the oil, and propane.

Compared them both decided to pay the few extra $$, thicker steel, and IMHO better built.

Recommend getting a strainer basket, with the Coffee type material filters, for straining oil. I put in 5 gallon bucket drop in freezer, and the oil lasts forever.

Do not overheat the oil, it will burn the particulate suspended in the oil and will ruin the oil.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:33 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

those things are bad to the bone
Old 05-22-2015, 10:12 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,414

Quote:
Originally Posted by yigodiver View Post
We have the Cajun Fryer by RV works, Homer, LA.

LOVE it, got the 2.5 gallon, fries as fast as you can put in. We cook for big groups all the time, never a time issue. Saves on the oil, and propane.

Compared them both decided to pay the few extra $$, thicker steel, and IMHO better built.

Recommend getting a strainer basket, with the Coffee type material filters, for straining oil. I put in 5 gallon bucket drop in freezer, and the oil lasts forever.

Do not overheat the oil, it will burn the particulate suspended in the oil and will ruin the oil.
I have the 2 basket 4 gallon one. Once you get it preheated set it on low and it will recover operating temp quick. I used mine Good Friday for 60 people. Cooked blooming onions, hush puppies, fries, and fish. I had no problem keeping up. The oil looked like it did when I filled it when finished. Its designed off a fire tube furnace and you have to really screw up to burn the oil. I will put it up against any commercial fryer. Too bad it doesn't have a thermostat.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:20 PM
Flounder

Cash: 958

Have the same one but 2.5 gallons, picked it up at Stine a year or so ago, that thing is a frying machine... Use peanut oil and you can get a few cookings out of the same oil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2015, 09:46 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,296

Saw some SS 2 basket at feed store in Many for around $250.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:48 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 713

I have the 2.5 gallons SS model. Cooks great and is faster than I thought. As stated here, you can cook for a crowd when you get it going. A few pointers from setting mine up:

-Calibrate your fryer thermometer like the instructions say. Mine reads 10 degrees cooler than the oil actually is.

- Once at frying temp. you can adjust the flame down and just about leave it alone after it is set. Have someone breading for you and you can just about get a steady pace going and your oil temp doesn't fluctuate very much.

.- This is how I handle my oil; I buy whatever store brand vegetable oil is available. I don't like paying the extra for peanut oil, nor do I care for the taste. The day after frying, I empty the oil back into the containers I purchased it in and then put these containers in the freezer. You should be able to get 2 to 4 fryings out of you oil if you freeze it. I've kept used frying oil in the freezer close to a year and it was fine. Just take it out about 3 hours before you fry to let it go back into a liquid state. The big issue is to never let you oil overheat. If it overheats (above 400) throw it immediately.

- I clean mine by filling with water up to the fill mark. adding a little dishwashing liquid and heating the water to 140 degrees. After turning the gas off, I use a long handle scrub brush from the hardware store to scrub the inside out. Drain, rinse, let dry and cover when you put it up. That way it's clean when yu need it.

You will love the quick recovery time and the way it cooks. The only down side is the noise.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:42 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbert Chamblee View Post
From Amazon...I also bought the big SS single basket. Will probably order the rolling cart later. $330 free shipping. Tax was added to my bill for some reason and trying to sort that out. Also the thermometer went to 198 or so and hung up. Contacted the factory and I received a new thermometer in about 4 days.
Bayou Classic 700-701 4-Gallon Bayou Fryer Stainless Steel
The tax has something to do w/ it being shipped from the same state you are ordering from. Should have been just state tax.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:48 PM
Trophy Trout

Default bayou classic-results from tonight

First, thanks for the tips last week. Fried up 30 lbs. of fish at church tonight for about 50-60 people. Also had a couple of big pot fryers going too. Once the temp hit 300 degrees I slowed down the heat till it got to 350 degrees. Had to play with the control valve till I had it dialed in. Held right around 350 on fish. When the cold French fry's hit the grease it dipped about 25 degrees and I had to crank the noise up a little to recover. I am satisfied and 2 people said they would buy one soon and 2 more guys said the Bayou classic stainless fryer is on the Christmas list.