SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 10-20-2010, 09:38 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

I just talked to a LDWF agent and he told me the following.

The ONLY way you can have anything larger than a .22 pistol with ratshot is if you carry a CC permit. If you have a permit you can carry whatever you are permitted for but you better make sure that you have the corresponding paperwork to show them when they ask for it. If you DO NOT have a CC permit then you can only carry a .22 pistol with nothing more than ratshot.
So if you don't have a CC permit then it is illegal to carry anything you want.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
You can carry any kind of gun you want if you're not bow hunting. But as soon as you grab a bow, you better not have anything bigger than a .22 with rat shot. I'm going to call and email LDWF to get the exact answer on this to put it to rest.
I don't think so, see page 23 of sulphite's PDF in the firearms section. However, I think there is still come incorrect info in reference to the loaded gun rule/law.

Too many rules, regulations, and concerns. Dismantle the police state!

Quote:
I just talked to a LDWF agent and he told me the following.

The ONLY way you can have anything larger than a .22 pistol with ratshot is if you carry a CC permit. If you have a permit you can carry whatever you are permitted for but you better make sure that you have the corresponding paperwork to show them when they ask for it. If you DO NOT have a CC permit then you can only carry a .22 pistol with nothing more than ratshot.
So if you don't have a CC permit then it is illegal to carry anything you want.
that's part of what I understood, except during modern rifle anyone can carry open/concealed any type of gun.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:14 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
I don't think so, see page 23 of sulphite's PDF in the firearms section.

As I stated before, the law has changed and it went into affect AFTER the pamphlet was already printed. What longside posted is exactly right. You can carry any pistol you wish as long as you have your CC. That was one of the new laws that took affect this year. Believe me, I follow very closely what the changes are and what's legal and what's not. Glad you put it to rest for yourself.
To add, just because it is in the pamphlet does not make it gospel. If there are any changes that are not in the pamphlet and it causes you to be illegal, you can and will be busted for it. "It was not in the pamphlet" is not a suitable defense.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
I don't think so
I was referring to if you have a CC permit, not just anyone, sorry.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:28 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
To add, just because it is in the pamphlet does not make it gospel. If there are any changes that are not in the pamphlet and it causes you to be illegal, you can and will be busted for it. "It was not in the pamphlet" is not a suitable defense.
Ain't that the truth! Let me ask you this though. Do you think they would change a law that would make something in the pamphlet illegal once it's been printed? I understand changing the laws to allow more like they did for the handguns if you have a CC permit, but I'm referring to going the opposite direction. For instance, say the pamphlet is printed in August and the law reads as it is currently "it is illegal to have anything bigger than a .22 pistol with ratshot", but then in October they decide they don't want anybody having any kind of pistol. Do you think they would put that into effect immediately or wait until the season is over then go forward with it?
Old 10-20-2010, 10:32 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Ain't that the truth! Let me ask you this though. Do you think they would change a law that would make something in the pamphlet illegal once it's been printed? I understand changing the laws to allow more like they did for the handguns if you have a CC permit, but I'm referring to going the opposite direction. For instance, say the pamphlet is printed in August and the law reads as it is currently "it is illegal to have anything bigger than a .22 pistol with ratshot", but then in October they decide they don't want anybody having any kind of pistol. Do you think they would put that into effect immediately or wait until the season is over then go forward with it?

They would put it in effect immediately. I believe there is a disclaimer somewhere on the pamphlet that states there could be changes and that you could find yourself in a crack.

I found it:

[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]
DISCLAIMER
[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]
This publication is not an official copy of the laws in effect and should not be utilized or relied upon as such
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]. It does
represent an attempt by the publisher to present, as a public service, a partial summary of the laws in effect at the time of the
printing of this publication. Substantive changes to the law may very well occur following the printing of this publication.
For these reasons, the accuracy of the information contained within this publication cannot be guaranteed and the reader is
cautioned that it is his responsibility to apprise himself of the laws in effect at any given time. These laws include those
contained within Revised Statutes, particularly Title 56, the official regulations of the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries
Commission, federal laws and any local or parish ordinances. [/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]Contact your local LDWF Enforcement Agent for specific
information.

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Old 10-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
They would put it in effect immediately. I believe there is a disclaimer somewhere on the pamphlet that states there could be changes and that you could find yourself in a crack.
Gotcha.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
As I stated before, the law has changed and it went into affect AFTER the pamphlet was already printed. What longside posted is exactly right. You can carry any pistol you wish as long as you have your CC. That was one of the new laws that took affect this year. Believe me, I follow very closely what the changes are and what's legal and what's not. Glad you put it to rest for yourself.
I was talking more about the first paragraph dealing with live ammunition. An agent told me there was a change made concerning firearms in vehicles.

I still have a couple unanswered questions. Would a handgun in a backpack or inside waistband holster of a non-CHL holder be a violation in the woods?
Old 10-20-2010, 01:46 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Would a handgun in a backpack or inside waistband holster of a non-CHL holder be a violation in the woods?
Yes. Carrying a concealed handgun without a CHL is a violation. If it is not bow season and you want to carry in the woods, then you need to carry open.