SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 01-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,525

If its not an election year, they won't even return your phone calls. LMAO
Old 01-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890
Hairout

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunsorc View Post
i understand that the original purpose for the refuge was for waterfowl.

However, in 1985 the mission statement for the refuge was changed to include the purpose for use as a fishery.

And regardless; when they start spending tax payers money on creating, improving, stocking, etc. For a fishery then they don't get to blow smoke up my a$$ about it being "strickly for waterfowl"!!! And until everyone quits swallowing this line of bs that the management is presenting to all of us "uneducated coonasses" (this is what the management thinks we are) and holds someone accountable for not sticking to the comprehensive conservation plan that they released a few years ago (which by the way includes managing the pool for fishing) then the management of the refuge will continue to mismanage the pool and do whatever they feel like doing. And everyone says they want to do something-- but when they were having those public comment meetings during the formulation period for the ccp the same 30-35 of us showed up for each meeting-all that showed them was that not enough people were interested in what they were doing for them to give a rip!!!

amen brother preach it!!!! Just like the tax money they used to put them big *** pumps in there that probably have never been cranked. Everybody says they can't pump due to the salinity levels. Well guess what they new the salinity was to high before they wasted the money on them. Where do you find out where those meetings are, cause i'd like to go to the next one?
Old 01-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER View Post
amen brother preach it!!!! Just like the tax money they used to put them big *** pumps in there that probably have never been cranked. Everybody says they can't pump due to the salinity levels. Well guess what they new the salinity was to high before they wasted the money on them. Where do you find out where those meetings are, cause i'd like to go to the next one?
I was told by a game warden who works lacassine the reason they can't use the pumps is bc they can't pull from any outside water source(except for well water) due to the chance of importing invasive aquatics. He is a friend too so he has no reason to bs me. I think the people who run it just look for one excuse after the other to not have to worry about it, but I'm not really the most informed on this issue.

The same game warden also told me the "wilderness area" between the pipeline and lake misere could be shut down if a certain group of whackos knew what happens there
Old 01-27-2012, 03:34 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,449

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcnabb View Post
I was told by a game warden who works lacassine the reason they can't use the pumps is bc they can't pull from any outside water source(except for well water) due to the chance of importing invasive aquatics. He is a friend too so he has no reason to bs me. I think the people who run it just look for one excuse after the other to not have to worry about it, but I'm not really the most informed on this issue.

The same game warden also told me the "wilderness area" between the pipeline and lake misere could be shut down if a certain group of whackos knew what happens there
what happens there????
Old 01-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
i was told by a game warden who works lacassine the reason they can't use the pumps is bc they can't pull from any outside water source(except for well water) due to the chance of importing invasive aquatics. He is a friend too so he has no reason to bs me. I think the people who run it just look for one excuse after the other to not have to worry about it, but i'm not really the most informed on this issue.

that's fine, but they didn't know that before they spent the money on the pumps?? It seems like they had some money that they had to use by a certain time and instead of using it to actually help the refuge they just made it look like they cared. I know i'm an outsider looking in on this i just feel like it could have been manged way better than it has imo.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
that's fine, but they didn't know that before they spent the money on the pumps?? It seems like they had some money that they had to use by a certain time and instead of using it to actually help the refuge they just made it look like they cared. I know i'm an outsider looking in on this i just feel like it could have been manged way better than it has imo.
Yea that's what I was getting at, why install the pumps to begin with if you can't use them. I think your right about the money thing because if they don't spend all they have, whatever is left over is taken from the next budget. But that's just what I was told
Old 01-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassAssasin View Post
what happens there????
Well before it grew up to nothing but cattails and all the water evaporated, it was good duck hunting
Old 01-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
well before it grew up to nothing but cattails and all the water evaporated, it was good duck hunting

hey man good luck tommorrow, and bring some ear plugs Eddie sure likes to talk. Lol!!!!!!!!!! Get him to text me a picture of how ya'll do?
Old 01-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
hey man good luck tommorrow, and bring some ear plugs Eddie sure likes to talk. Lol!!!!!!!!!! Get him to text me a picture of how ya'll do?
Lol thanks and I'll tell him
Old 01-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
lol thanks and i'll tell him

make sure you do. Also tell him right bank eddie right bank he'll know what you mean
Old 01-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,959

saw this on craigslist:

http://lafayette.craigslist.org/spo/2824492729.html