SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:09 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Fishing La? Must read!

Fishing La? MUST read!

Recreational Offshore Landing Permit

The State has a new permit requirement for everybody planning to fish in Louisiana Saltwater. You will be required to obtain and carry with you a FREE permit if you intend to catch and keep any snapper except mangrove and any amberjack, Yellowfin tuna, and some of the groupers.

If you are chartering the captain will have a permit that will cover you. If you have your own boat than you and everybody on your boat age 16 and above will also have to have their own individule permit.

It can be obtained by going to www.wlf.la.gov/rolp Smart phone app for iphones can be found by searching for Louisiana Recreational Offshore Landing Permit in the itunes store and for android phones by searching for LDWF Rec. Offshore Landing App in Google play store.

Once again the Recreational Offshore Landing Permit (ROLP) Is FREE and is required for everyone fishing for and possessing all snappers except mangrove as well as billfish, swordfish, amberjacks, groupers, and Yellowfin tuna. Each private recreational angler must have their own permit.

ONLY Yellowfin tuna have to be reported with the following information; Date taken, Time, Trip type ( Private or charter), block caught, curved fork length in inches, your ROLP number, and your vessel federal tuna angling permit number.

Capt Hoop
Our Freedom
Old 01-16-2013, 11:22 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,807

Thanks.. Helpful advice... Just sent this to all my offshore fishing buddies!!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:41 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt hoop View Post
Fishing La? MUST read!

ONLY Yellowfin tuna have to be reported with the following information; Date taken, Time, Trip type ( Private or charter), block caught, curved fork length in inches, your ROLP number, and your vessel federal tuna angling permit number.
Please explain this part. Is this a new regulation?

What is an ROLP number?

And what about a Vessel Federal Tuna Angling permit? I cant go out on my private boat with my saltwater license and this new permit and catch yellowfin?

Thanks in advance.

Also, Capt Hoop we have another trip planned with Capt Eddie on March 9th. You still deckhand for him? Hope to see you while we are down there.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:37 AM
Tripletail

If you are fishing with Eddie or any one of us captains on a charter trip We have the permits required and will do the reporting.

If you are on a private boat you have to have the federal tuna permit for the boat as usual. This is a new thing the state is doing that requires each person over 16 on a private boat to have as well as the federal permit. The Recreational Offshore Landing Permit (ROLP) number will be assigned to you when you get the recreational angler landing permit. It will be on the FREE permit.

If you are on a private boat you are required to report the tuna prior to taking the tuna off the boat.

I am fishing with Eddie Friday. I may be with you on the 9th if he needs me. Depends on what he is fishing for and if I am open that day.

Chip This is for all who fish for snapper including lane, vermilion, and red. Actually the ONLY snapper that is exempt from the permit is mangrove. Don't ask me why!

Hope this helped. Thanks for questioning. At least I was able to get the word out to some of you.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,732

I just tried to apply for mine and I have a lifetime license which is your SS number. The online registration doesn't recogize it as a valid fishing license. Go figure!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Tripletail

call 504-284-2032 and they will help you.