SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion

Freshwater Fishing Discussion For discussion of everything freshwater!

Old 06-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Redfish

Cash: 933

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
we use to be off stonewall jackson road close to there, pretty good fishin. my grandpa has caught some monster cats on that end of lake, had one that would have been a record but you know how old men are he didnt get it weighed at offical scales
Couple weeks ago, i caught a small catfish off my boat dock on a spook jr around midnight. Caught another catfish on an H2O Sammy imitator a few days later midday in my kayak!! I'm on N Apache, a dead end road.
My neighbor has talked about catching some nice catfish just outside of the cove on troutlines.

Ronnie
Old 06-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieF View Post
Couple weeks ago, i caught a small catfish off my boat dock on a spook jr around midnight. Caught another catfish on an H2O Sammy imitator a few days later midday in my kayak!! I'm on N Apache, a dead end road.
My neighbor has talked about catching some nice catfish just outside of the cove on troutlines.

Ronnie
i know my grandpa has got sevral over 60lb up there, pulled some real nice ones out of the cove there just south of you and we had a perch hole just north of you that we would murder the perch in
Old 06-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Sailfish

Quote:

Ronnie
not sure how long you have had the camp there but you may know my grandpa, Pete Andrus
Old 06-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Redfish

Quote:
not sure how long you have had the camp there but you may know my grandpa, Pete Andrus
I sure don't, at least not yet. We just bought the camp in November. I see a lot of people perch fishing just out of the cove to the right, I guess that's northeast, in that stump field, and around that corner. I caught a few nice bass in these areas out of my kayak. Big deer tracks in the sand too!!
I know i've seen stonewall jackson road, just can't remember where. CRS disease. Is it on the other side of the cove?

Ronnie
Old 06-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
I sure don't, at least not yet. We just bought the camp in November. I see a lot of people perch fishing just out of the cove to the right, I guess that's northeast, in that stump field, and around that corner. I caught a few nice bass in these areas out of my kayak. Big deer tracks in the sand too!!
I know i've seen stonewall jackson road, just can't remember where. CRS disease. Is it on the other side of the cove?

Ronnie
if you launch at the end of 1215 you pass it, there is a gas station/ grocery store on the left then stonewall jackson is on the right then you will get to old yeller" thats the old camp at the launch. if you ask around their are alot of people that know him in that area, that are you talk about the stump field has a creek that runs through and it gets deep lots of perch there. if you launch at 1215 and follow the bank out and then around to the right there is some old sunk barges and then a long warf that has a tee at the end with a floatin dock, if floatin dock is still there, fish the end when water is up thats our old place it looks like a old grey 2 story place, big perch there
Old 06-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Redfish

Quote:
if you launch at the end of 1215 you pass it, there is a gas station/ grocery store on the left then stonewall jackson is on the right then you will get to old yeller" thats the old camp at the launch. if you ask around their are alot of people that know him in that area, that are you talk about the stump field has a creek that runs through and it gets deep lots of perch there. if you launch at 1215 and follow the bank out and then around to the right there is some old sunk barges and then a long warf that has a tee at the end with a floatin dock, if floatin dock is still there, fish the end when water is up thats our old place it looks like a old grey 2 story place, big perch there
I've seen the barges, they are outta the water now. I'm gonna check out that warf. I'm lucky, my neighbor at the end of the road has a ramp that is launchable to 160' i believe. Oh yea, i remember the road now. We've rode around on that side, just looking around.
Thanks for the tip on the warf!! There are some nice camps in the area. I was thinking there might be a creek running through that stump field. I've gone through it in my kayak, but not my big boat. No depth finder on my kayay, YET!! Following that bank, around the corner from my camp, there's a little pocket/cove with a very clear area, like it was a pasture or something, without stumps. There are a lot of nice cypress trees along that bank to fish when the water comes back up.
There will probably be 10 boats on that dock tomorrow!!! LOL
Old 06-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
I've seen the barges, they are outta the water now. I'm gonna check out that warf. I'm lucky, my neighbor at the end of the road has a ramp that is launchable to 160' i believe. Oh yea, i remember the road now. We've rode around on that side, just looking around.
Thanks for the tip on the warf!! There are some nice camps in the area. I was thinking there might be a creek running through that stump field. I've gone through it in my kayak, but not my big boat. No depth finder on my kayay, YET!! Following that bank, around the corner from my camp, there's a little pocket/cove with a very clear area, like it was a pasture or something, without stumps. There are a lot of nice cypress trees along that bank to fish when the water comes back up.
There will probably be 10 boats on that dock tomorrow!!! LOL

they wastin their time right now, it would be very shallow
Old 06-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Redfish

Do you miss the camp?
Old 06-06-2011, 05:28 AM
Sailfish

[QUOTE=RonnieF;263109]Do you miss the camp?[/QUOTE

well i have a new place by the dam and so far i am happy there, more places to launch with low water and alittle more protected from wind. i can be at my place now in an hour and half and if i want to fish north endd i can leave where i am and get there quick enuff. i have not fished any of the lake as much as i would like but i do notice water is alot cleaner on south end and seems like more places to do the type of fishin i enjoy plus i am wantin to get into some sight fishin and you can ddo that on south end more.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:38 AM
Redfish

I understand that sight fishing bug. That is a blast. Kind of like playing with a cat, but underwater!!