SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes)

The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes) What good is a cajun site without a cooking and recipe forum?

Old 09-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584
Default Manda's .....WHY??

So I just cut and put a sear on some leftover sausage from a big gathering we had.......so I had possibly four different types of smoked sausage....
I remember grilling these and putting them away......

Question is, with all the good product out there, why in the world do people still buy Manda's??

It just seems so "shallow" against a local grocery shop or Veron's or Richard's.....
Old 09-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

cheap ,local and to cook with it aint bad. I make my own if i want sausage to eat.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:27 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

I don't care for manda's either, its fatty and cheap.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 909

$6.99 a box.... I only use it for red beans and rice. I personally like Martins for packaged stuff, unless I can get some Bambi from a hunter.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:38 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,857

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
cheap ,local and to cook with it aint bad. I make my own if i want sausage to eat.
Yep..... Cheap and fatty makes for a good jambalaya. I wouldn't buy it to grill.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 980

I can't eat Manda's Sausage.
I'm in the Richards or Veron camp.
I do like the Richard Pork Sausage with Green Onions.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:05 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

as far as beans go skip the sausage and throw in the tasso and andouille!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:00 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Manda, why do people buy Hillshire Farms, thats crap.

Some of you said Verons....... if you aint getting it from Verons in Lutcher, you aint getting it. The stuff made in store is much better than what you but at other places.

Some Rouses carry D&D which makes really good smoked sausage.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPfishnTIM View Post
as far as beans go skip the sausage and throw in the tasso and andouille!
Love that Tasso in beans.

I get deer sausage made at Roys in Iowa. Good stuff.
If I do have to buy it, which is seldom, I get it at Rabideaux's or Roys.
There are too many good meat markets that make their own sausage that is way better than over the counter sausage.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Oh boy.....hair just stood up on my neck! I Don't buy any of their products, after BS with their Grandson, he had been put in jail several times & they get him out even after running from Police & ramming a Cop car at a road block to stop him he went thru at over 50 mph leaving one of the officers in critical condition & their money got him off the hook! Then a couple years later he murders his GF, he shoots her in the head 3 times! A year or so after being prison the GF's parents receive a phone call that he's being released! They kept everything hush! When GF's parents notified some state officials he was walking out the gate of the prison!!! They think their money can buy anything & obviously have no morals!!! SORRY SOB's!!!!

Last edited by wtretrievers; 09-04-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:25 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtretrievers View Post
Oh boy.....hair just stood up on my neck! I Don't buy any of their products, after BS with their Grandson, he had been put in jail several times & they get him out even after running from Police & ramming a Cop car at a road block to stop him he went thru at over 50 mph leaving one of the officers in critical condition & their money got him off the hook! Then a couple years later he murders his GF, he shoots her in the head 3 times! A year or so after being prison the GF's parents receive a phone call that he's being released! They kept everything hush! When GF's parents notified some state officials he was walking out the gate of the prison!!! They think their money can buy anything & obviously have no morals!!! SORRY SOB's!!!!
heard the story before from a guy I worked with, that use to be on steriods, he ran around with the same crowd as this guy being stupid thinking they were bullet proof and they could take on the whole world! Fortunately my co-worker got to a point were he quit steriods cold turkey after his friend passed away with a needle in his butt and stopped the whole lifestyle hanging out with rich kids with drug problems and getting in trouble. I don't see how a guy can get out of jail for killing his girlfriend execution style in his condo!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:33 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

Quote:
Think I may have heard you say that before now that you remind me! Glad you did! I will from now on spend a lil more cheese for my green onion sausage in my jambalayas! Oh yeah by the way, got a inside scoop from Dino today about Venice and Yscloskey if you are interested!
Old 09-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Flounder View Post
Think I may have heard you say that before now that you remind me! Glad you did! I will from now on spend a lil more cheese for my green onion sausage in my jambalayas! Oh yeah by the way, got a inside scoop from Dino today about Venice and Yscloskey if you are interested!
Old 09-04-2012, 11:35 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

Quote:
3 weeks!!! We are heading to Venice! Well me for sure. Them sooner.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:53 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
the manda family doesn't own mandas sausage anymore.
They sold it to pay for legal bills???
Old 09-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040

Quote:
.......where he shot her happened across the street from my wife's condo when we were dating. They had cops everywhere for days around there. It was off of Summa (between Essen and Bluebonnet) in BR.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040

I use a local sausage over here called Chappell Hill (it's NW of Houston). It's really good
Old 09-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
the manda family doesn't own mandas sausage anymore.
They sold it to pay for legal bills???
Today, three grandsons of Vincent Manda - Tommy, Bobby, and Steve Yarborough - serve together as owners and operators of the company.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,113

I don't care for the Manda sausage to much filler for me.