SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 12-10-2012, 12:06 AM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913
Default Henderson 12-8-12

fished henderson yesterday, ended up catching 1 keeper, my buddy Wade caught 3 keepers, I also caught a sacalait on a bleeding shad rattle trap, tried different techniques, There were plenty of sacalait fishers out there saturday in one canal you could walk from boat to boat! If I had only brought my ultra light rod and tube jigs I probably could of loaded up on some!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:02 AM
Redfish

Cash: 790

Been getting some good reports on sacs. Seen some nice catches.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:07 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPfishnTIM View Post
fished henderson yesterday, ended up catching 1 keeper, my buddy Wade caught 3 keepers, I also caught a sacalait on a bleeding shad rattle trap, tried different techniques, There were plenty of sacalait fishers out there saturday in one canal you could walk from boat to boat! If I had only brought my ultra light rod and tube jigs I probably could of loaded up on some!
Yeah I heard there was a lot of boats at Henderson lately, might have to make a trip
Old 12-10-2012, 04:39 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

I wouldn't mind going back just for a sacalait trip!
Old 12-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Did you see all the boats by fourdoce area? Saw on crappie.com that has been a hot spot. I just can't see myself fighting a crowd like that....this cold weather should turn on my honey hole.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Boy View Post
Yeah I heard there was a lot of boats at Henderson lately, might have to make a trip
hey just curious where was all of these boat u seen at? i would like to go check it out myself whenever the weather gets better im still learning my way around henderson but i would like to get on some sac a lait. let me know where was this happening at, thanks
Old 01-14-2013, 09:09 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPfishnTIM View Post
hey just curious where was all of these boat u seen at? i would like to go check it out myself whenever the weather gets better im still learning my way around henderson but i would like to get on some sac a lait. let me know where was this happening at, thanks
Old 01-14-2013, 10:50 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

When I went, which was a while ago now, it was the north end of the lake, not all the way to fourdoce but toward there.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:56 AM
Tripletail

to lpfishntim, i think i know where ur talking abt, its prolly around the area where there is alot of stumps sticking out of the water on the north end before u go into that cut where the water becomes muddy looking its been so long since i went up that area. i do most of the fishing in texco canal or the south side of henderson. but i will have to check it out so i can find some spot where there would be slabs than the usual smaller size sac a lait. hopefully the water wudnt rise too much and starts to slowly fall and clear up.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:00 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Gunna be a while before henderson gets good....water is high and muddy and still on the rise. Once it starts to fall and clear up I think it will be the best year since the hurricane fish kills. High water during the spawn is great for the fishery. http://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/u...02020091435700
Old 01-16-2013, 11:11 AM
Flounder

Cash: 660

What do y'all think about raising the lockes? Say another 4-6 feet? I think in doing so it would help stabilize the whole system. Can't think of any negative impacts but I don't know a whole lot. Just wanted to get some other opinions. I would love to see that place fish able more often.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:17 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdv2642 View Post
What do y'all think about raising the lockes? Say another 4-6 feet? I think in doing so it would help stabilize the whole system. Can't think of any negative impacts but I don't know a whole lot. Just wanted to get some other opinions. I would love to see that place fish able more often.

i heard from some locals around henderson that there will be some dredging around henderson near the pits and some other spots but i think they prolly will not do it until the water comes back down some maybe that is one of the reason why they want to drain out some water out of hernderson, also yeah i want henderson to be one of the best fishing places but its always gonna have problems due to controlling the water level in there , also the lily or whatever they call it grass that floats on top of water is one of the main problems in henderson... if they would just take care of the problems things might be a little better but i know for sure the last few years they always controlling the water levels there. to me they should just let the water stay up than letting it get so low but rain factor also can be a part of it.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:24 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
Gunna be a while before henderson gets good....water is high and muddy and still on the rise. Once it starts to fall and clear up I think it will be the best year since the hurricane fish kills. High water during the spawn is great for the fishery. http://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/u...02020091435700

i agree with ya montauk17 its gonna be a week or two or more depending on how the weather treats henderson but yea high water does a big help in spawning and yea usually it gets better like 4 or 5 years after a hurricane fish kill.. so im hoping this year will bring us some good fish, just gotta find them since they always on the move due to rising water or water dropping to low levels. so im hoping in two weeks or so if the water isnt too cold it sud be on for sac a lait. bass would be getting ready to spawn when the water temp hit the right mark but this year we got this late winter effect so im not sure if it will be a early spawn or late spawn. cux last year they sure did have a really early spawn to the warm winter we had so lets see how 2013 brings out the weather.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:03 AM
Flounder

Cash: 660

Actually they are and have been dredging for awhile. Right now they are doing it right by the basin landing on the levee. And I'm afraid it's going to be more than a week or two before it gets good again. The river is at 9 feet and its still coming up. Hopefully by mid February the river will peak and start coming down. But after that I'm real hopeful for a great spring and summer. The lake was real clean before all this rain. Hopefully some of that grass will stick around and clean it up again.