SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 04-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Flounder

Cash: 525

Asphalt does not cure properly when the ambient temperature gets below 65°. That is why it is normally laid in the summer months.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:13 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Can you imagine how the parking situation at Rollover will be once it closes!!!!!? WOW, I will be running out of Dularge all summer for sure!
Old 04-16-2012, 01:23 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun View Post
Asphalt does not cure properly when the ambient temperature gets below 65°. That is why it is normally laid in the summer months.
Please don't bring facts into this I want my crabs and skrimps
Old 04-16-2012, 03:32 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun View Post
I didn't know that cajun, makes more sense now, but I still think there are some options available to keep the refuge accessible by small boats.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:42 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Please don't bring facts into this I want my crabs and skrimps
Duck Butter-is your sarcasm really necessary? Doesn't add to what I assumed was an intelligent exchange of information. In your case, I was obviously wrong.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:31 AM
Flounder

Cash: 525

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun bill View Post
I didn't know that cajun, makes more sense now, but I still think there are some options available to keep the refuge accessible by small boats.
I agree, since the boat ride from the rollover landing includes 14 miles in the gulf. It seems that arrangements could be made to launch into the superior canal (private launch). At least you would have access to the east side. Or, the project could be split into two phases allowing access to one of the landings near headquarters at all times. Just my thoughts.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:13 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

I know some spots that are going to be absolute dynamite due to the closure. Can't wait to go. Prolly give them about a month to stack up with fish and then go bushwackem.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:21 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Duck Butter-is your sarcasm really necessary? Doesn't add to what I assumed was an intelligent exchange of information. In your case, I was obviously wrong.
Definitely not necessary, that was not directed at you

But its also not necessary to call every senator and congressman to complain that a boat ramp is getting fixed, when they probably heard 100s of complaints that the boat ramp NEEDED fixing
Old 04-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Tripletail

Default update

just got off the phone with a rep from my my representative's office. Here's da poop: her office talked to the LDWF who stated that while they started this work in November, they are having problems with the contractor which has delayed the project. (I think she was talking about the "inside"/eastside started in November). Said that the contractor has increased the number of employees and they are working 12 hours/day/7 days/week and expect to finish the eastside by June 1st. The westside is scheduled to complete by July 23rd. LDWF said that they considered opening the warden launch to the public, but couldn't because it would cause "security issues". LDWF agreed that the parking was limited at Rollover, but nothing they could do about it. That's all I can remember other than she said that if the contractor doesn't finish by those dates, he will be penalized and that if we had any other questions, we could call the LDWF at 491-2593 (Lake Charles number I believe)

Not all bad news and maybe we could get them to open the gates to allow access to the westside/outside once the eastside opens.

That's all folks.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:25 AM
Redfish

Cash: 977

Just want to make sure I go this right. So the only way to get to the weirs at Rockefeller is to launch at rollover, get into the gulf, then came back into rockefeller from the gulf?
Old 04-21-2012, 09:31 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,749

yezzur
Old 04-21-2012, 09:34 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltysully View Post
Just want to make sure I go this right. So the only way to get to the weirs at Rockefeller is to launch at rollover, get into the gulf, then came back into rockefeller from the gulf?
Or you can put in at the mermentau and do the same but someone told me its 20 miles from the mouth of the mermentau to the mouth of rockefeller. Thats a long run for some shrimp.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,050

Quote:
just got off the phone with a rep from my my representative's office. Here's da poop: her office talked to the LDWF who stated that while they started this work in November, they are having problems with the contractor which has delayed the project. (I think she was talking about the "inside"/eastside started in November). Said that the contractor has increased the number of employees and they are working 12 hours/day/7 days/week and expect to finish the eastside by June 1st. The westside is scheduled to complete by July 23rd. LDWF said that they considered opening the warden launch to the public, but couldn't because it would cause "security issues". LDWF agreed that the parking was limited at Rollover, but nothing they could do about it. That's all I can remember other than she said that if the contractor doesn't finish by those dates, he will be penalized and that if we had any other questions, we could call the LDWF at 491-2593 (Lake Charles number I believe)

Not all bad news and maybe we could get them to open the gates to allow access to the westside/outside once the eastside opens.

That's all folks.
Thanks for the update!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:35 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 605
Default Inland shrimp season open 0600 hours May 21, 2012 for Rockefeller Area

Inland shrimp season open 0600 hours May 21, 2012 for Rockefeller Area
Old 05-16-2012, 08:37 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 605
Default Does a permit for the Miami Corpo. give access to the boat launch at Superior Canal?

Does a permit for the Miami Corpo. give access to the boat launch at Superior Canal? Is that launch part of the Miami Corporation? Or is it a different entity?
Old 05-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,156

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrywdaigle View Post
Does a permit for the Miami Corpo. give access to the boat launch at Superior Canal? Is that launch part of the Miami Corporation? Or is it a different entity?
Very good question.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:06 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 587

NO. You cannot access Rockefeller from Superior Canal with a Miami permit. It states it on the permit when you purchase it.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Gentlemen!!! Price lake road is closed I think.

Billy Broussard, from Pecan Island who is on the WLF Commission indicated to me that there is no way Rock management will let those east lock gates open. Unless we'd get a storm with a ton of fresh water.

To much saltwater would flow into the canals that farmers are pumping from.

Also, Rockerfeller management indicated that they don't have the personnel to open and close the lock on an as needed basis.

If you fishing snapper. Looks like you'll have to go to the mermentau, or freshwater city. Or Rollover!!!

Thanks

Biggun
Old 05-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Price lake road is open...few buddies went crabbing recently.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
Price lake road is open...few buddies went crabbing recently.
yea its open, i was out there for mothers day and so was a lot of other people.