SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:47 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,571

There is your out to fight it. I was turning left at the next intersection.

That sucks...if im in the left lane, im not doing the speed limit either!
Old 05-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
I drive a 18 wheeler and there is nothing worse than someone boss hogging the left lane and won't speed up and are scared to pass anyone. Drives me nuts. That being said them dang jenertte cops ride 50mph I'm the left hand lane looking for speeders on the opposite side and don't think they are getting out of the way for anyone.
you know what drives me nuts... when an 18 wheeler pulls out in front of you in the left lane when you are about to pass a couple of them. Then he actually slows down or barely accelerates and there is no traffic behind me. Can you tell me why people do that?
Old 05-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Drives me nuts too hoss. Trust me you are never behind my rig complaining. I don't play with it.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Ling

They do that because they are losers and I they don't care about anyone else. They think they own the road. What ticks me off is the truck in right all he has to do is tap the break one time and let that truck pass but they don't. When one gets on the side of my rig and just sits there I tap the break. Let him go and get right back in it. I drive from hear to San Antonio and get stuck behind them side by side riders for miles screaming at my windshield.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Ling

Language Warning !

Y'all should get a kick out of this

Doug Stanhope - Sicko - &%#$@! Truckers http://t.co/XQnCLyr1X4
Old 05-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

Lol. Perfect scenario
Old 05-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Ling

You know you like that left lane Gizzle !
Old 05-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

What I hate.......is while I try to be safe and leave space behind the vehicle in front of me......other drivers use this space to "cut" in front of me.

Don't leave more than 2 car spaces [doing 70 mph] or they will "squeeze" into the space in front of you.

One day......I am going to video a vehicle doing this and send it to State police and see if they do anything with it.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
What I hate.......is while I try to be safe and leave space behind the vehicle in front of me......other drivers use this space to "cut" in front of me.

Don't leave more than 2 car spaces [doing 70 mph] or they will "squeeze" into the space in front of you.

One day......I am going to video a vehicle doing this and send it to State police and see if they do anything with it.
Quite a "feet" to do that while texting.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Quite a "feet" to do that while texting.
That is why I have not done it. I am always driving.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:56 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

So, the other day I'm trying to catch a car on I-10 and then it happens.........my pet peeve.......As I am approaching two big rigs in the right hand lane, the one in the back pulls out in the left lane where I am doing 85 with blue lights flashing. After a long 1 mile run of my left side tires in the grass, siren screaming, and fist pumping he finally decided to get over in the right lane. So I proceeded to catch the car I was going after, then blocked his path and made him pull over also. He had to sit and wait while I dealt with my first offender, then got his turn. I check logs, inspected his drive train and brake system, made him turn on every light on that long SOB, then wrote him a $330 citation for failing to yeild to an emergency vehicle.

In the end, he laughed and said he would do it again!!!!! I hate truckers that ride side by side!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
So, the other day I'm trying to catch a car on I-10 and then it happens.........my pet peeve.......As I am approaching two big rigs in the right hand lane, the one in the back pulls out in the left lane where I am doing 85 with blue lights flashing. After a long 1 mile run of my left side tires in the grass, siren screaming, and fist pumping he finally decided to get over in the right lane. So I proceeded to catch the car I was going after, then blocked his path and made him pull over also. He had to sit and wait while I dealt with my first offender, then got his turn. I check logs, inspected his drive train and brake system, made him turn on every light on that long SOB, then wrote him a $330 citation for failing to yeild to an emergency vehicle.

In the end, he laughed and said he would do it again!!!!! I hate truckers that ride side by side!!!!!!!!!
I would have followed him a few miles and found somthing else to stop him for.... I dont like a cop being a ***** but its times like this that if I were a cop I would be a *****
Old 05-10-2013, 01:51 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post

Maybe if you stop me one day you can give me a little Salty Cajun courtesy. Man I got a DOT ticket once for a hairline crack in a marker light. Light worked fine. Texas DOT though.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:34 PM
King Mackeral

I utilize "professional courtesy" on alot of stops, as long as you are respectful to me, I will be in return. 60% of my stops end up with a warning. Stuff like driving under suspension, failure to retrain a child in seat, reckless operation are 100% tickets. A cracked lens cover to a marker light is ridiculous and would probably get me suspended for being stupid!
Old 05-10-2013, 03:45 PM
King Mackeral

And I meant to post this earlier - 2009 citations were being issued for driving in the left lane of a multi-lane highway.