SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,502
Default Anyone here been to Nashville?

Leaving next monday for Nashville, for a 4 day training class for work, and I'm looking to have some fun while I'm there

If anyone's been I'm looking for some ideas on things to do (nightlife mainly cause ill be in class all day)

If y'all have any suggestions I'd appreciate it
Old 05-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Redfish

Cash: 899

I live in Clarksville, 45 miles northwest, and visit Nashville often. Tootsie's is a must (on Broadway). After a few there, you can visit The Stage a few doors down for more live music. A walk down Printer's Alley is also a must. Visit Lonnie's for some professional karaoke. You can also check out who is playing at the Grand ole Opry, usually a couple decent headliners during the week. I saw Carrie Underwood on a Tuesday night about 6 months ago. Great steakhouse in the Gulch part of town (just off Broadway, a block from I-65), Kayne Prime, get the bacon appetizer. There is also a sushi place and the Whiskey Kitchen. Let me know if you need more stuff to do.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
I live in Clarksville, 45 miles northwest, and visit Nashville often. Tootsie's is a must (on Broadway). After a few there, you can visit The Stage a few doors down for more live music. A walk down Printer's Alley is also a must. Visit Lonnie's for some professional karaoke. You can also check out who is playing at the Grand ole Opry, usually a couple decent headliners during the week. I saw Carrie Underwood on a Tuesday night about 6 months ago. Great steakhouse in the Gulch part of town (just off Broadway, a block from I-65), Kayne Prime, get the bacon appetizer. There is also a sushi place and the Whiskey Kitchen. Let me know if you need more stuff to do.
Thanks!! Im not sure how much free time I'll have so that will definately put me in the right direction. Is that all downtown? Those are exactly the kinds of things I had in mind
Old 05-09-2013, 06:50 AM
Redfish

Cash: 899

All downtown. Broadway is the main street into downtown. The honkytonks line the last two blocks nearest the river.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:31 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

I was out there a few years ago and, if you have the time, BB King's (I think it's at 2nd & Broadway), was a great place to hang out. If you like music, you'll LOVE Nashville! EVERYONE is a musician! Also, the Country Music Hall of Fame was a great place to kill a few hours! Johnny Cash memorabilia, Elvis, Skynyrd...
Old 05-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,087

Heard some of the best live blues in my life on Printers Alley, awesome place to go.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:13 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,554

Can't help you with the clubs, but you have to make it to the Pancake Pantry for breakfast one morning as well as Swett's for either lunch or dinner. Pancake Pantry is a Vandy staple and Swett's is a famous soul-food/meat and three restaurant.

Nashville is an awesome city and you should have a great time there.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 557

If you're looking for a good time at the bars just hit Broadway. There are always bachelorette parties going on in Nashville if that's what your looking for.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 918

a few buddies and myself went to Nashville for Garth's flood benefit, which was awesome. Then we hit some bars on Broadway and listened to a lot of really good music, but I must have had a good time because I cant remember much.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Tripletail

Thanks for the ideas fellas, I cant wait to go!! I'm definately gonna hit some of these places up