SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,358
Hairout hwy 90 ticket

If there are any of yall who drive hwy 90, just got a ticket for driving in the left lane! The cop, after pulling me over while I was following 10 other cars in the same lane, says that they are starting to ticket people that just drive in that lane and don't use it for just passing. So, save you might want to save your self the trouble and stay in the right lane.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 980

one of my fishing buddies got the same ticket in Goldent Meadow ;(
Old 05-09-2013, 03:43 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,449

thats good! now if they will just enforce it on the right people
Old 05-09-2013, 03:46 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Almost got one for that same thing over around Morgan City I think it was. I don't know if that is actually a law or not, haven't looked it up (it may be), but there are definitely signs that say the left lane is for passing only. I was told that a big part of the reason for that is so emergency vehicles have a lane that they can get use to get around traffic easier in case of emergencies.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassasin View Post
thats good! Now if they will just enforce it on the right people
x1000000000
Old 05-09-2013, 04:08 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,449

cant tell if this thread was started by a slow driving left laner or if he just got screwed. But seriously......Stay Outta the left lane!!!!
Old 05-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

I got the same ticket last year pulling the boat on 90. I was coming back from Grand Isle driving in the left lane between Raceland and Houma. When asked why I was in the left lane I told the trooper it was not safe to drive in the right lane because is was so bad that it was hard to control the truck pulling the boat. He informed me I should drive in the right lane and slow down. It really pissed him off when I asked him "isn’t the minimum speed limit on a highway 45mph" Still got the ticket.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,454

It doesn't matter what you tell a cop... they can write you a ticket without any proof whatsoever... not all of them do but they can... You can say I was passing a blue car with license plate #XXXXXX and he can still write you a ticket if he wants to
Old 05-09-2013, 04:51 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,571

State police? and where?
Old 05-09-2013, 05:32 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

They should pull over all the tards that want to ride side bide side with the person in the right lane! That pisses me off!
Old 05-09-2013, 05:45 PM
Trophy Trout

got it on hwy 90 right after the jefferson island exit, coming towards broussard. I was doing the speed limit, but was behind another couple of cars in the left lane, they were a little ahead, but I had just passed a car in the right lane a while back, and was on my way to passing one in a mile or so. It's true that I wasn't going to go back in the right lane, hell, why would I when I would just have to get back over to do it again. I do know that the left is for passing, and wasn't going slow or holdin anyone up, or I would have moved over, especially as I hate when other people don't. What makes me the maddest is the amount of cars in the left lane that passed him right before he decides to get me, while he ticket me, and immediately after he ticketed me. They just do it at random apparently, and I happened to win the lottery today.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:55 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

Hwy 90 between Lafayette and new iberia has the dumbest drivers in the world. I hope they give tickets to everyone that stays in the left lane more than 30 seconds.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 942

This is law in every state as far as I know. However, it is usually enforced on highways and parkways that don't have any left turns. Hwy 90 has so many left turns that I'm surprised they are enforcing it on that road. I could understand I-10, I-49, etc.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Trophy Trout

that'll really help the traffic flow, great idea...
Old 05-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

they started this a few yrs ago and its a good idea if it works but they really need to work on the idiots from the west that drive 5mph under the speed limit in the left lane
Old 05-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayBolt23 View Post
x1000000000
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!!
Old 05-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Almost got one for that same thing over around Morgan City I think it was. I don't know if that is actually a law or not, haven't looked it up (it may be), but there are definitely signs that say the left lane is for passing only. I was told that a big part of the reason for that is so emergency vehicles have a lane that they can get use to get around traffic easier in case of emergencies.
Definitely state law!
Old 05-10-2013, 12:34 AM
Redfish

Cash: 810

It is the state law. It was passed a few years ago.

I don't which is worse that we have a law that you have to drive in the right lane except to pass or that we needed to pass a law that you have to drive in the right lane except to pass.

I know it would improve traffic flow if people passed and then moved back to the right lane. Yes I know it is many times smoother in the left lane but for traffic flow and safety we should stay in the right except to pass.

BTW I have been guilty of not doing this and yes I have been po'd at myself for not following this basic guide line. Please remember pass and then move right. It's kind of like puff, puff, pass rotation.

enough of my rant be careful drive is probably the most dangerous thing we do on a regular basis.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:15 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by latravcha View Post
I got the same ticket last year pulling the boat on 90. I was coming back from Grand Isle driving in the left lane between Raceland and Houma. When asked why I was in the left lane I told the trooper it was not safe to drive in the right lane because is was so bad that it was hard to control the truck pulling the boat. He informed me I should drive in the right lane and slow down. It really pissed him off when I asked him "isn’t the minimum speed limit on a highway 45mph" Still got the ticket.

I drive that road every day. It has gotten worse in the last year or so. Hopefully they repave it like they did from Bayou Blue to 311. With that being said, I drive it 70mph every AM I just stay way to the right almost on the yellow line to get out of that groove.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:32 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

I drive a 18 wheeler and there is nothing worse than someone boss hogging the left lane and won't speed up and are scared to pass anyone. Drives me nuts. That being said them dang jenertte cops ride 50mph I'm the left hand lane looking for speeders on the opposite side and don't think they are getting out of the way for anyone.