SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:25 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 983
Default Always like Sean Payton

but he definitely needs to stick to football. Celebrities always think their opinions and words mean so much more than the average citizen. He lives in his big house, probably in a gated community and sophisticated alarm system and wonders why people need guns. Wait till he gets robbed at gunpoint or someone shoots one of his kids. Criminals will always have guns, and as the NRA so aptly put it, the only antidote for a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Heck, think I'll have to go watch a couple of Dirty Harry movies now.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:42 PM
Redfish

Cash: 365

Those tragic things that happen by the minute go unnoticed, but this is different, like it or not this is the guy who on Feb. 7 2010, caused hell to freeze over, (Payton) at least for one Sunday LOL, he has tremendous influence within the city . All I'm sayin is, if you have to enter that city, or you're a resident, you should be afforded the right to concealed carry, from now til judgement day. (Response to duckman1911)

Last edited by Baychamp1; 04-12-2016 at 10:21 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:56 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baychamp1 View Post
Those tragic things that happen by the minute go unnoticed, but this is different, like it or not this is the guy who on Feb. 7 2010, caused hell to freeze over, (Payton) at least for one Sunday LOL, he has tremendous influence within the city . All I'm sayin is, if you have to enter that city, or you're a resident, you should be afforded the right to concealed carry, from now til judgement day. (Response to duckman1911)
Oh I wasn't talking about payton. I was talking about smith. Until a few days ago almost nobody knew who he was. Now he'll be the poster boy for gun activists to use for an agenda. They didn't know him and never would have but suddenly they'll play the concerned friend card. BS. Yeah it sucks he got popped but oh well. Just because he played football it's a big deal. If it had been you or me we may have got a small article in the local paper.
All of the ones claiming to be so concerned will do the same thing I will do tomorrow. Get up, have coffee, go to work and really don't give a fck.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:07 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Oh I wasn't talking about payton. I was talking about smith. Until a few days ago almost nobody knew who he was. Now he'll be the poster boy for gun activists to use for an agenda. They didn't know him and never would have but suddenly they'll play the concerned friend card. BS. Yeah it sucks he got popped but oh well. Just because he played football it's a big deal. If it had been you or me we may have got a small article in the local paper.
All of the ones claiming to be so concerned will do the same thing I will do tomorrow. Get up, have coffee, go to work and really don't give a fck.
I was responding more so to your comment about "i guess I don''t understand how society thinks" in reference to notoriety, & influence from people like Payton, no harm intended
Old 04-12-2016, 11:16 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baychamp1 View Post
I was responding more so to your comment about "i guess I don''t understand how society thinks" in reference to notoriety, & influence from people like Payton, no harm intended
None taken sir. I do understand it but just think it's stupid. If payton was a plumber nobody would care what he thinks. I misunderstood your point and didn't explain mine thoroughly.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:47 PM
Redfish

Cooling off period is definitely justified, no need for irrational decisions

Last edited by Baychamp1; 04-13-2016 at 12:07 AM.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:08 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathfinderNI View Post
but he definitely needs to stick to football. Celebrities always think their opinions and words mean so much more than the average citizen. He lives in his big house, probably in a gated community and sophisticated alarm system and wonders why people need guns. Wait till he gets robbed at gunpoint or someone shoots one of his kids. Criminals will always have guns, and as the NRA so aptly put it, the only antidote for a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Heck, think I'll have to go watch a couple of Dirty Harry movies now.
Well said.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:21 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

ok, so payton is a liberal democrat, so what? sports are sports and politics are politics and I don't confuse them.

liberal democrats are everywhere (unfortunately) and that's why this country is in the crapper but his political views are just that, opinions, and he is entitled to think so stupidly if he wishes (even though all the while, he is being surrounded by armed security on many occasions wherever he goes at any event)

just look at that moron mark zuttenburger (owns facebook) just said. he said trumps idea of building a wall is racist and wrong because stopping illegal immigration would be a crime and everyone should be welcomed into this country and yet he bought every house in the whole neighborhood around his house just so he wouldn't have to live next to anyone???? that's how liberals think, they don't, they just spouse nonsense because they have no clue but would never apply those crazy views to their own safety and security.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:00 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 633

This has been said in so many ways already.. but, to break it down. Why, when a shooting occurs "gun control" becomes some legal battle of some kind, when the perpetrator illegally committed the crime anyway. Further gun control IN PLACE wouldn't stop this incident from happening..

If it's someone's right to bear arms, guess what, if you choose not to, then DONT. We'll put you on the news when an armed robber assaults you, and miraculously you defended yourself, without a gun. cuddos.

PS: for grammar teachers, I know I used too many commas...r is it to,
Old 04-13-2016, 10:31 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

If anyone is go on away their saints tickets away in disgust holler at me I will take them
Old 04-13-2016, 10:34 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

I didn't read where he said he wanted all guns to be gone. I'm not going back to reread, he may have said that as I briefly skimmed through. But the vibe I got from the passage was that he thinks there needs to be more regulations and he points out how easily he could have ordered 10 handguns, which I think is ridiculous. No one should be able to just go out and order that unless you're involved with law enforcement or the like. So I agree that we need more regulations, but I'm not against guns. We just need to do all that we can to keep them out the hands of criminals. Will they still get them, probably so, but if we can stop a handful of them from getting guns then there would be that many less people shooting other people. Every time someone buys a gun, they should have to pay for a background check then be approved if their background check meets a certain criteria. Have they been arrested, involved in crime, DUIs, and what not then how long has it been since one of the incidents took place. If they meet everything, then they are allowed to buy. I know I'll probably get hammered for thinking that way, but so be it. I think it would make this place much safer. Right now as long as you have a driver's license, you can buy what you want.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:35 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
If anyone is go on away their saints tickets away in disgust holler at me I will take them
x2! lol
Old 04-13-2016, 10:44 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 974

The irony is that he's from Chicago where they have some of the strictest gun laws in the country. They (Chicago) has already had over 800 shootings this year! Ignorance is bliss...especially for Chicago residents that have repeatedly voted in liberals.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:10 AM
Redfish

Cash: 919

you could ban all guns and it wouldn't make a difference. It's each persons mindset that is the killer. The gun used was more than likely obtained unlawfully. So would more gun control laws have helped, NO. Was it worth killing someone for running into the back of your vehicle? The only reason a gun should be used is for Self or family defense, hunting or target shooting. All part of being a RESPONSABLE gun owner.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:12 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
I didn't read where he said he wanted all guns to be gone. I'm not going back to reread, he may have said that as I briefly skimmed through. But the vibe I got from the passage was that he thinks there needs to be more regulations and he points out how easily he could have ordered 10 handguns, which I think is ridiculous. No one should be able to just go out and order that unless you're involved with law enforcement or the like. So I agree that we need more regulations, but I'm not against guns. We just need to do all that we can to keep them out the hands of criminals. Will they still get them, probably so, but if we can stop a handful of them from getting guns then there would be that many less people shooting other people. Every time someone buys a gun, they should have to pay for a background check then be approved if their background check meets a certain criteria. Have they been arrested, involved in crime, DUIs, and what not then how long has it been since one of the incidents took place. If they meet everything, then they are allowed to buy. I know I'll probably get hammered for thinking that way, but so be it. I think it would make this place much safer. Right now as long as you have a driver's license, you can buy what you want.
Evidently you haven't purchased many guns (and this isn't a bash) . A gun cannot be purchased and shipped to your house unless you possess a Frderal Firearms Licence. And if you go to any gun shop to purchase a gun you must fill out a background check that includes most of the things you mentioned, the only thing im not sure about is DUI. In my opinion a ban on guns would make it more dangerous and not safer. There is NO way the thugs and criminals will get rid of their guns, they will be the only ones with guns!! Coach P doesn't have his facts straight and should stick to football. Not a bash, just my opinion.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:16 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
Evidently you haven't purchased many guns (and this isn't a bash) . A gun cannot be purchased and shipped to your house unless you possess a Frderal Firearms Licence. And if you go to any gun shop to purchase a gun you must fill out a background check that includes most of the things you mentioned, the only thing im not sure about is DUI. In my opinion a ban on guns would make it more dangerous and not safer. There is NO way the thugs and criminals will get rid of their guns, they will be the only ones with guns!! Coach P doesn't have his facts straight and should stick to football. Not a bash, just my opinion.

I haven't. All I have is a pellet gun from when I was younger. I actually had to research LAs requirements. It didn't mention needing a background check unless you planned on concealed carry though. Btw, I'm not saying ban guns. I don't want that because of the reason you listed. Just more strict requirements. Appreciate the civil comment!
Old 04-13-2016, 12:49 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

You can not buy a gun online and have it shipped to you, it has to go through an FFL. I'm willing to be over 90% of guns involved in a crime are acquired illegally. You can make all the laws in the world, criminals are going to break them. Just remember this...... You can't govern morals.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:02 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Before anyone adds more gun laws, the current laws need to be enforced.

No one can have "guns shipped to their home." You also can't "buy from a dealer at a gun show" without the same check.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:04 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
You can not buy a gun online and have it shipped to you, it has to go through an FFL. I'm willing to be over 90% of guns involved in a crime are acquired illegally. You can make all the laws in the world, criminals are going to break them. Just remember this...... You can't govern morals.

according to this only 10-15% were acquired illegally. Seems pretty tough to find a true percentage though. But if that's true then stricter gun laws may affect 85-90% of criminals IF they have a previous criminal record.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:27 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
according to this only 10-15% were acquired illegally. Seems pretty tough to find a true percentage though. But if that's true then stricter gun laws may affect 85-90% of criminals IF they have a previous criminal record.
Probably the reason only 10-15% were illegal is that the original purchase was legal. Then they were stolen, given or whatever and ended up on the street. Again, if a person has a criminal background that person cannot legally purchase a gun. You MUST pass a Federal background check. As Southern said, we don't need more laws, the laws on the books need to be enforced. The fact that the cities with the most strict gun laws have the most crime should tell everyone that more laws will not work. Just check the crime rate in Chicago, D.C and others with very tough gun laws. It just doesn't work!! The lawbreakers aren't concerned with the law.