SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 12:25 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Neglect my ***. I put that rod through the same other med lights that were on the boat and others are fine
Old 04-27-2013, 12:27 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,502

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBG View Post
Looks like neglect, once u put a rod in a bind its gonna brake doesn't matter name brand it is!
when setting the hook on a 2 lb trout? c'mon man. A snoopy pole should hold up to a 2 lb trout

I could see your point if we were talking bull red
Old 04-27-2013, 12:28 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,717

Quote:
Looks like neglect, once u put a rod in a bind its gonna brake doesn't matter name brand it is!
How the hell can u tell from that pic that's it's neglect!
Period.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:32 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 861

That's just my OP
Old 04-27-2013, 12:34 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,771

My poles are very neglected get thrown everywhere never had one break low defect imo
Old 04-27-2013, 12:37 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
That's just my OP
Well your opinion hasn't rode in rod holders while in a truck, rod holder's while in a boat and stored on a rack when not in use or transit.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:40 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
That's just my OP
Well you are worthy of your opinion, but for what it's worth I've snapped new off the shelf high end rods lower down the shank than that!
There's billions of rods out there some have faults every now end then you get one with a fault looks like Jared got one! Just my opinion!
I still have 3 7ft carrot stik gold that are going on 5 yrs now that make it every trip witch is a lot, and knock on wood neither has had a flaw! One even got slammed against another rod while setting a hook sounded like glass breaking! It's still catching fish, and those rods were notorious for snapping! There's good ones and bad ones! Soo how do you call some one out on neglect from a pic of two pieces of a rod?
Old 04-27-2013, 12:43 AM
Sailfish

I love the light weight and sensitivity. Blank must've been bad. I like duce rods a lot.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:45 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Open View Post
Well you are worthy of your opinion, but for what it's worth I've snapped new off the shelf high end rods lower down the shank than that!
There's billions of rods out there some have faults every now end then you get one with a fault looks like Jared got one! Just my opinion!
I still have 3 7ft carrot stik gold that are going on 5 yrs now that make it every trip witch is a lot, and knock on wood neither has had a flaw! One even got slammed against another rod while setting a hook sounded like glass breaking! It's still catching fish, and those rods were notorious for snapping! There's good ones and bad ones! Soo how do you call some one out on neglect from a pic of two pieces of a rod?
I can just tell neglect when I see it that's y I can call home out on a pic of two pieces of rod.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:48 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
I can just tell neglect when I see it that's y I can call home out on a pic of two pieces of rod.
Quit your day job and work for shimano if that's the case.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:50 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Your funny man! Good day
Old 04-27-2013, 12:52 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
Quit your day job and work for shimano if that's the case.
or Duce .. I'll bet you could save them a bunch of money in their broken rod claims dept.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:55 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Open View Post
yea i work with a guy that has a carrot stik and he is on #5 right now .. when they snap he returns it and gets a new one haha, he's also got a carrot stik wild and hasnt had any trouble at all
Old 04-27-2013, 06:50 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 974

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
Won them at salty Cajun tournament...medium light is the one I broke. Handled 10+ pound reds and lots of trout for several trips and a couple trout the day it broke. Didn't even set the hook extremely hard. Just snapped...never seen a rod break that low. Rod tips I understand...but near the base? 7' btw
I've heard the the med-lights break pretty easy if you don't handle them perfectly. I won a med-light at a skeet shoot and immediately went trade it in for a medium. I now own a 7ft Medium and a 7ft Med-Heavy and I've enjoyed them. All good so far. Sux you're having a bad experience with your expensive rod. Recently went through that with my Falcon Bucco. Snap in half during a video of catching a 3lb redfish. Sent the video to them 3 times (almost a year ago) and I still never heard back from them. Customer service is huge to me when spend that kind of $$$ on rods. Good luck.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:26 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

But duuuude I thought that spiral rods don't break lol ....gimmick
Old 04-27-2013, 07:46 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Duce makes a great product, this rod is used by many teams on the HT redfish cup. I promise they would not risk thousands of dollars on a bad product

Duce is also used by many guide services
Old 04-27-2013, 07:58 AM
Redfish

Cash: 933

That sucks about your rod.
What I wonder about with these spiral rods is what protects the rod from sideways torque? In a conventional rod you have the "spine" or whatever it's called for the guides to be run along to provide strength on a downward pull. That's why mass produced made in china rods seem to break so easy.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:04 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

I have 5 duce rods at the moment i did have one minor problem with one and it wasnt my fault got replaced no questions asked. Great product and great ppl

Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android dominating the world!)
Old 04-27-2013, 08:12 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,308

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367067314.139887.jpg
I recently have broke 2 of my rods. I've caught quite a few fish on mine. One was about a year old and the other about 6 months. I'm in no way bashing because I know several people fishing these rods without issue. And I fished with one yesterday without issue. And they aren't going out of business is what I was told also. My rods are already in the mail to be replaced.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:37 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,782

Jared and bear. Mail your rods in with a 50 dollar check and you will receive a new one. The fact of the matter is that something happens to the rods while you were handling them. If you caught plenty of fish on them and it didn't break then then the rod is not defective. If anyone has issues with our rods please pm me.

For those who have sent emails. I apologize for someone not responding. We go through hundreds of emails daily and we might have over looked it.

Please email me on my personal email if you have any issues or questions and we will get them worked out asap. ajbeslin42@gmail.com

We thank you for all of your continued support. You guys are the reason we have been successful. Keep letting people know how great our rods are.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
DuceRods.com

Last edited by RigRatNoMeaux; 04-27-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Closed Thread