SaltyCajun.com lake Area Marine

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 12-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Redfish

Cash: 685
Default Hunting - Northwest LA

Anyone else Hunt in NW Louisiana? I hunt in Desoto Parish, but live in Baton Rouge. Always looking for people that hunt in Desoto. My family is from Pelican and we hunt on private land up there. Been looking for people to compare to so that I can see how our heard is doing. Also interested on what you plant/feed. Plus always nice to meet new people who share my passion for the outdoors.

If you hunt up there, how did you do during the rut? We went the entire rut without seeing any bucks. Very odd, but I know they are there as we are seeing them on camera. I think the Natural Gas suveyers may have something to do with it. Also, how have you historically done during the second rut?

Thanks,
Jordan
Old 12-21-2009, 01:46 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Absolutely sucks!

Hello EvinFord, glad to meet you. I belong to a suck a$$ club right down the road from you, just 5 miles west of Pleasant Hill. We are the club where the Cheasapeake well blew out over the summer on Hwy 174.

I love the property up there, but we have about 50% of our members that shoot anything that moves until they run out of tags. It is simply ridiculous. They kill ever deer they see and wonder why they don't see deer after Thanksgiving. They took 50 or more before Thanksgiving and are now complaining they don't see anything. We had one guy shoot a doe for muzzleloader, then reload and shoot the button head. Stupid!!!!! Bad thing is, most people that hunt that area are like that.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
Absolutely sucks!

Hello EvinFord, glad to meet you. I belong to a suck a$$ club right down the road from you, just 5 miles west of Pleasant Hill. We are the club where the Cheasapeake well blew out over the summer on Hwy 174.

I love the property up there, but we have about 50% of our members that shoot anything that moves until they run out of tags. It is simply ridiculous. They kill ever deer they see and wonder why they don't see deer after Thanksgiving. They took 50 or more before Thanksgiving and are now complaining they don't see anything. We had one guy shoot a doe for muzzleloader, then reload and shoot the button head. Stupid!!!!! Bad thing is, most people that hunt that area are like that.
We used to have a few people in our club like that so we put rules in place just for them. Now each member can only shoot 1 doe per year (unless that member has more than 1 KID then he can let each KID shoot a doe) and all bucks have to be 4 pt or better (except for the young KIDS, they can shoot 1 buck with less than 4 pts a season). If somebody comes hunting that has never kille a deer in his/her life though, they can shoot whatever they want then they have to follow the rules. Anything killed against the rules and all of the meat from the deer goes to camp meat.