SaltyCajun.com http://www.ccastar.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:20 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965

Actually....if s.c. or Casey don't wanna do it, those of us planning to attend can still fish and hang out? That's what it's all about anyway right?
Old 06-29-2015, 01:26 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,195

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
Thats terrible... someone take control of this tourney and run with it.... Make is much simpler 100% payout
100% payout wouldn't exactly be a charity event.

I don't have enough help to get this done. I have four sponsors this year that want to donate, I normally have about 40. I have half of the people that normally help me that won't even be in town.

Nobody is more disappointed about this than me. I put four years of work into this only to see it not make this year.

If people want to do it maybe next year people will pay early like we beg every year and offer to help.

Squeaky wheel are you willing to take off work the week of the tournament and go get tables and chairs and set them up? Can you order the t shirts for me? HOw many do we need, what sizes? What about food, can you cook it? Talk to the sponsors let me know if they will reconsider. Will you be the weigh master for us? Do you have a scale? Order trophies? Have a PA system you can setup? This is a partial list, I can keep going.

If you rented a place you can still enjoy the weekend and fish. There just won't be a big salty Cajun charity event and that stinks. I'm with you.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:28 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crab View Post
Actually....if s.c. or Casey don't wanna do it, those of us planning to attend can still fish and hang out? That's what it's all about anyway right?
Yep not a problem. You guys can of course still all fish and do whatever you want on your own. You can't use our name or sponsors and we are letting calc point go but you guys can contact calc point and rent it yourself in your own names if you would like.

It's not a matter of Casey not wanting to do it, it is a matter of Casey not having time and not having the help this year for it to be possible.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:28 PM
Ling

Cash: 505

I meant bc this one is canceled take this date that everyone has already planned to take off. And run with it and make it 100% payout since its late notice and wont have sponsors.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2015, 01:32 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
I meant bc this one is canceled take this date that everyone has already planned to take off. And run with it and make it 100% payout since its late notice and wont have sponsors.

I have scales. And i agree completely with this idea. Charities and sponsors make everything very complicated.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:33 PM
King Mackeral

Bring your own chairs
Old 06-29-2015, 01:33 PM
Ling

Cash: 505

Not that charity events arent a good thing.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:36 PM
King Mackeral

We participated in fishing for memories this weekend. Great event. Quite a big production tho
Old 06-29-2015, 01:39 PM
King Mackeral

Wacha think about that idea ckinchen? Bring your own chairs and food, let a sponsor chip in if they want, and pay the entry money back to the winners. Would you host that kind of event?
Old 06-29-2015, 01:41 PM
King Mackeral

Just simplify the whole thing. I can't imagine the headache of organizing it in the format of the previous years.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:47 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
100% payout wouldn't exactly be a charity event.

I don't have enough help to get this done. I have four sponsors this year that want to donate, I normally have about 40. I have half of the people that normally help me that won't even be in town.

Nobody is more disappointed about this than me. I put four years of work into this only to see it not make this year.

If people want to do it maybe next year people will pay early like we beg every year and offer to help.

Squeaky wheel are you willing to take off work the week of the tournament and go get tables and chairs and set them up? Can you order the t shirts for me? HOw many do we need, what sizes? What about food, can you cook it? Talk to the sponsors let me know if they will reconsider. Will you be the weigh master for us? Do you have a scale? Order trophies? Have a PA system you can setup? This is a partial list, I can keep going.

If you rented a place you can still enjoy the weekend and fish. There just won't be a big salty Cajun charity event and that stinks. I'm with you.

Get with me next year Casey and I will be able to do some of that stuff on your list. And can possibly line up some of the other stuff. I understand how much work it is and I know how busy everybody is this time of year. I did offer my help several times before and I never heard back so I figured yall had it covered.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:58 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926
Hairout

Quote:
Yep not a problem. You guys can of course still all fish and do whatever you want on your own. You can't use our name or sponsors and we are letting calc point go but you guys can contact calc point and rent it yourself in your own names if you would like.

It's not a matter of Casey not wanting to do it, it is a matter of Casey not having time and not having the help this year for it to be possible.
I always have a bunch of money donated from here in central tx!! And always ask what I can do to help.
Where's this you have no help coming from??

Me and duckman got in trouble lastyear when Yall were going to cancel it!!! Wth ??
Old 06-29-2015, 02:15 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Sorry to hear this, guess I'll take some of the blame too, I planned on paying on July 1st. As well If I was closer I would help out.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:33 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Rather than focus on the disappointment, I'd like to thank Casey, the SC helpers, and all the participants for the great tournaments in the past years and especially for all the donations that were able to be made to the great charities (Little Angels and St. Nicholas Center).

Good deeds, once done, are not undone.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:11 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Rather than focus on the disappointment, I'd like to thank Casey, the SC helpers, and all the participants for the great tournaments in the past years and especially for all the donations that were able to be made to the great charities (Little Angels and St. Nicholas Center).

Good deeds, once done, are not undone.
Tru dat. Well said
Old 06-29-2015, 03:11 PM
King Mackeral

Imma fish no matter what....and i repeat.... I have scales if Yall wanna compare stringers
Old 06-29-2015, 03:16 PM
Site Owner/Admin

I will talk to some folks tonight and see if we can have a smaller version if you guys want to go that route.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:19 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
I will talk to some folks tonight and see if we can have a smaller version if you guys want to go that route.
I do. I don't care about a shirt, a door prize, a check, or a meal (although that jambalaya is stellar).....all i want is a trophy and bragging rights when i win.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:20 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crab View Post
I do. I don't care about a shirt, a door prize, a check, or a meal (although that jambalaya is stellar).....all i want is a trophy and bragging rights when i win.
I would like to do it if we can. My kids love the youth division and I really enjoy seeing all of our members and helping a good cause.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:37 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

I'm down with whatever. I wasn't gona be trout fishing anyway. I'm down with beer drinking and bs' ing.
Andy C if you gona be at the camp we coming tourney or not bro. I'll bring another 5th of Makers Mark. Did ya ever hang that print in the camp?