SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
Trout populations were not being affected by a 25 per person limit but here we are.
Call your congressman.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Flounder

Cash: -91

Well- I told you this would come about. It may not happen next year or the year after. But limits are coming on triple tail. LDWF has not done any studies, but we all know- limits aren't set in this state by biological studies. YES the CCA will get it's way on this. I TARGET triple tail, last year 49, year before bout 70. This year so far 1, but as someone above posted, wait until the fall. Hopefully we'll get some. When they put the limit on them, hopefully it will be at least 10, I can live with that number. For now catch 'em while you can....
Old 07-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,208

Exactly why I fish South Marsh Island and the Gulf .....everyone stays happy and there are no weirs out there......LMAO ! And we get to keep 25 ! Big Lake is nice but it always seems like there is some sort of problem or issue going on, or the Texans are invading, or 15 isn't enough fish, or someone is having a pissing contest. Be happy that you guys have such a great easily accessible fishery. Like Paul said.....call your congressman if you don't like whats going on. Make them earn their money for a change
Old 07-09-2013, 10:33 PM
Redfish

Long live the tripletail !!!!
Old 07-10-2013, 05:35 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMyers View Post
Call your congressman.
Lmao, he dont know a thing about fishing or limits just what the "office fisherman " tell him and our new LC commission member
Old 07-10-2013, 07:37 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMyers View Post
Call your congressman.
I'd rather sweep leaves on a windy day. Call my congressman :*****:.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

I urge anyone here to actually go to the LDWF meeting. Its 100% public and you have a chance to voice your concerns and actually see how these processes work and at least you can hear it from the horses' mouth and not like 'W' and here from some crabber's brother in-law

Again, essentially ZERO is known about tripletail because studying marine fishes can be very expensive especially with migratory fish. I have no idea how migratory these fish are, neither does anyone else for that matter. LDWF are NOT the bad guys.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Soooo if we have zero on 3tail than why are we pushing a limit????

Can i get a ______ _________
Old 07-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Soooo if we have zero on 3tail than why are we pushing a limit????

Can i get a ______ _________

I think we would all agree that as Louisianans we want our fisheries to be managed by science and not by politics. The lack of science is why this is even being brought up. If you want fisheries to be scientifically driven, there has to be science there. There is no science there, it is needed. The commission meeting will simply say there is not enough data on tripletail and that there exists a need for further studies. That is ALL that will happen. If you go to a meeting you can see how these things work. Not going to a meeting on a subject you are passionate about on and griping about it is like griping about a politician and not voting

There are hundreds of books, dissertations, theses, and pamphlets about speckled trout biology/ecology and probably tens of thousands on largemouth bass and we all have access to that info, but that doesn't exist for tripletail.

A good portion of people can probably tell you where and when trout spawn, how many times they spawn, etc., but who on here (without the use of Google) can name one thing about the spawning ecology/biology of a tripletail Where do they spawn? Louisiana coast? When do they spawn? Gulf? How long to reach sexual maturity? Two? Ten? How long do they live? If they reach sexual maturity at a relatively young age like trout then they can withstand high limits or none at all. If they take a long time to reach sexual maturity such as the red snapper (cough cough)then there MAY be some steps that need to be taken just to ensure that we are not going to overharvest them. (Please don't kill this thread with red snapper talks)

Yeah, during certain times of the year you can catch tripletail in Big Lake and Pontchartrain around crab traps, you can catch em on weed lines in the gulf, and catch em around some rigs, but what else does anyone know about tripletail in Louisiana besides how to catch them during a few months out of the year?
Old 07-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,807

I've done some accidental research while on my butterfly barge in the Mermantau river in Grand Chenier and caught this little guy in the net on an out going tide.

So who thinks its a baby triple tail and who ventures to say that they spawn inland? I been fishing up and down the Mermantau from the gulf to the catfish locks and never caught or seen a triple tail in the river.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (66.0 KB, 62 views)
Old 07-10-2013, 09:25 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
I think we would all agree that as Louisianans we want our fisheries to be managed by science and not by politics. The lack of science is why this is even being brought up. If you want fisheries to be scientifically driven, there has to be science there. There is no science there, it is needed. The commission meeting will simply say there is not enough data on tripletail and that there exists a need for further studies. That is ALL that will happen. If you go to a meeting you can see how these things work. Not going to a meeting on a subject you are passionate about on and griping about it is like griping about a politician and not voting

There are hundreds of books, dissertations, theses, and pamphlets about speckled trout biology/ecology and probably tens of thousands on largemouth bass and we all have access to that info, but that doesn't exist for tripletail.

A good portion of people can probably tell you where and when trout spawn, how many times they spawn, etc., but who on here (without the use of Google) can name one thing about the spawning ecology/biology of a tripletail Where do they spawn? Louisiana coast? When do they spawn? Gulf? How long to reach sexual maturity? Two? Ten? How long do they live? If they reach sexual maturity at a relatively young age like trout then they can withstand high limits or none at all. If they take a long time to reach sexual maturity such as the red snapper (cough cough)then there MAY be some steps that need to be taken just to ensure that we are not going to overharvest them. (Please don't kill this thread with red snapper talks)

Yeah, during certain times of the year you can catch tripletail in Big Lake and Pontchartrain around crab traps, you can catch em on weed lines in the gulf, and catch em around some rigs, but what else does anyone know about tripletail in Louisiana besides how to catch them during a few months out of the year?
Sooooo.......you agree with us, is what you're saying?
Old 07-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Redfish

Looks like a triple tail to me !
Old 07-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Landry View Post
I've done some accidental research while on my butterfly barge in the Mermantau river in Grand Chenier and caught this little guy in the net on an out going tide.

So who thinks its a baby triple tail and who ventures to say that they spawn inland? I been fishing up and down the Mermantau from the gulf to the catfish locks and never caught or seen a triple tail in the river.
Caught a few small ones in the cast net at Rockefeller recently.....

Last edited by Speck Attack; 07-10-2013 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Spelling