SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-03-2013, 06:39 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWN FIN View Post
We are talking about the state not NOAA, sea grant , nmfs or gomfmc witch figured the federal limits and obviously don't know what they are doing. Pretty sure they are just taking a look. It might be a good thing. The feds could close them down at anytime. The state is prob getting some info together to have some ammo for the Feds. Look at what has happened to Aj, snapper,redfish, gags, and triggerfish.

BROWN FIN
Understood. But when the government(of any level) gets involved its a crap shoot.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Guys.. Will Drost, from L. C. is the newest commission member.. I heard he was going to really push this creel and size limit for trips...

Call your commission members. Let them know your feelings... They are going to use the studies by a biologist from Miss. who has done extensive work on Trips.

I'm of the opinion "SHOW ME THE SCIENCE"..
Old 07-03-2013, 07:00 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
Guys.. Will Drost, from L. C. is the newest commission member.. I heard he was going to really push this creel and size limit for trips...

Call your commission members. Let them know your feelings... They are going to use the studies by a biologist from Miss. who has done extensive work on Trips.

That's what you got! Same dumba$$ who reduced the trout limit wit no science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
True there is no biological evidence. Perhaps their discussion at the meeting will include the study they will conduct to see if a limit is warranted. Perhaps not. But right now everyone is just assuming that they will hit us with a limit with no basis.
If there's no biological evidence to support changes, how can a limit be warranted?

And all these pics of 100's of 3tails but no reports posted??? I find that odd.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:03 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
That's what you got! Same dumba$$ who reduced the trout limit wit no science.

If there's no biological evidence to support changes, how can a limit be warranted?
That's what I'm saying.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:03 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:

well that explains it all

He is the one who 1st pushed the 3tail limit a few years ago....

And he is one of the main ones who wanted big lake a "Trophy Lake" and pushed for a 15 trout limit with Zero Zero science and against all biologists
Old 07-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadams View Post
Wrong buddy 104 triple tail me and boat driver!
I said Year to Date...from Jan to july

That was last year or year before
Old 07-03-2013, 08:17 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

I say close triple tail season down. Leave those poor fishies alone. They don't even taste good. Sailcat taste better.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:27 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,059

Quote:

Didn't realize he was involved. Retract my previous statement!

BROWN FIN
Old 07-03-2013, 08:29 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWN FIN View Post
Didn't realize he was involved. Retract my previous statement!

BROWN FIN
Hahahaha
Old 07-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,334

Where do you normally catch triple tail? Been wanting to try to target them out of my kayak off the beach maybe? Is this doable or they further offshore?

Any help appreciated
Old 07-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Will Drost has simple basic science!

He is a big trout wade fisherman who just enjoys catching big trout and CPR...
He also has no problem with smaller limits because he lives on the lake with a wharf with lights, so anytime he wants trout to eat,he can turn a light on and get a mess of fish.

He is a good person but he is a liberal as they get when it comes to conservation!

We should of never had a 15 trout limit Never ....and when Biologist said no...he still pushed for it!

Also i have spoke with several WLF biologist and the slot of two over 25 or 24 ( what ever it is) is the dumbest of all, Trout are not bass!

I have been stopped several times and had big trout in the icechest and never asked about the two over what ever...No one cares about that and I dont think anyone even thinks about ot or follows it..

You think a guide is going to measure trout that big lmao
Old 07-03-2013, 08:53 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGINJROB View Post
Where do you normally catch triple tail? Been wanting to try to target them out of my kayak off the beach maybe? Is this doable or they further offshore?

Any help appreciated
They are endangered. Less than 50 are left in the wild from poachers hunting them for their ivory fins.

Seriously they stay further offshore. They do come in when the salinity is high later in the summer, but they are few and far between. Not like offshore where they are plentiful. So to try and target them inshore, especially in a kayak, would be difficult to say the least.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:57 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
They are endangered. Less than 50 are left in the wild from poachers hunting them for their ivory fins.

Seriously they stay further offshore. They do come in when the salinity is high later in the summer, but they are few and far between. Not like offshore where they are plentiful. So to try and target them inshore, especially in a kayak, would be difficult to say the least.
Almost as rare as red snapper
Old 07-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,059

The overpopulated red snapper are eating them all.

BROWN FIN
Old 07-03-2013, 09:06 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

I think the issue gets attention because when the fish ARE in, they seem vunerable to 100 a day catches.......

It just looks bad..........not trying to judge anyone...........I've have killed and cleaned way more fish than I needed for consumption many times......

I have never caught one, and I am jealous of those who have it figured out.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
I think the issue gets attention because when the fish ARE in, they seem vunerable to 100 a day catches.......

It just looks bad..........not trying to judge anyone...........I've have killed and cleaned way more fish than I needed for consumption many times......

I have never caught one, and I am jealous of those who have it figured out.
I understand but before they impose laws and regulations on us, I'd like to see more biological evidence than a Facebook photo.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:22 AM
Redfish

Cash: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Will Drost has simple basic science!

He is a big trout wade fisherman who just enjoys catching big trout and CPR...
He also has no problem with smaller limits because he lives on the lake with a wharf with lights, so anytime he wants trout to eat,he can turn a light on and get a mess of fish.

He is a good person but he is a liberal as they get when it comes to conservation!

We should of never had a 15 trout limit Never ....and when Biologist said no...he still pushed for it!

Also i have spoke with several WLF biologist and the slot of two over 25 or 24 ( what ever it is) is the dumbest of all, Trout are not bass!

I have been stopped several times and had big trout in the icechest and never asked about the two over what ever...No one cares about that and I dont think anyone even thinks about ot or follows it..

You think a guide is going to measure trout that big lmao

Obviously, you do not know him that well....He is liberal by the generoisty and abundant donations/time he gives to conservation programs/organizations! He is however, very conservative in principles, actions, values, and most importantly in conservation.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Quote:
I understand but before they impose laws and regulations on us, I'd like to see more biological evidence than a Facebook photo.
You are spot on...........but when that is all that "we" as sportsman give them, that is what "they" are going to use.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Again.. Contact any WL&F commission member and let UR feelings be known..

Again I say "SHOW ME THE SCIENCIFIC EVIDENCE" a limit is warranted...
Old 07-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
Obviously, you do not know him that well....He is liberal by the generoisty and abundant donations/time he gives to conservation programs/organizations! He is however, very conservative in principles, actions, values, and most importantly in conservation.
He is a great guy and does a ton of good for our area ...but he tends to push things that should be left alone

Because "Key Point" once something goes down there is no coming back up!!

He was a driving force for 15 trout limit and with what proof did he have to back his agenda??
He would love a 5 trout limit if he could get, but yet dont know the dangerous effects of over population

We are seeing the down trend of big trout due to this limit change and only blind can not see

Will has a strong voice and people listen. I dont know how much he is involed with our ship channel errosion but he could do great things to protect what land we have left and use his power for that.

Lets save our land mass 1st and not worry about a fish very few target much less catch