SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-24-2015, 09:42 AM
Ling

Cash: 4,258
Default What's the Law?

Just wondering if any of you know what the law is about blinds on state land. I was told by game warden that once u build a blind on state land, it becomes state or public property. I kind of figured that, because you can build a blind, and if someone shows up before you to hunt, there is not much you can do about it, but get there earlier next time. Question I'm wondering is, if you put one up on state land, and then it becomes public property, then who has the right to take it back down? I was told that you may own the materials before you set it up, but once it's on state land, it becomes anyone's, and that's the risk you take for putting that up on public land. Just wondering if there was any kind of written law or statute about this somewhere?
Old 10-24-2015, 10:23 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

That first come first serve stuff is for the birds. I spent my hard earned miney and time building my blond in Fausse pointe and if someone is in there when I show up we are gonna have problems. All these duck dynasty bunches think they can just jump on a blind anywhere and start hunting If they would take time to build their own they would have a placed to go bur these Ciceros are too lazy. Don't be building one too close to another blind or else Jewish lighting will strike
Old 10-24-2015, 01:13 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Once u build a blind its public .. You can not stop any leaches from hunting it .. U can anchor in front of it and put some Tupac blaring loud and make sure no duck comes with in 3 miles !

But you have zero rights to the blind
Old 10-24-2015, 02:08 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,845

I would take my stuff down if I wanted to keep it. I believe this is what you are asking.

It was always state owned land but not open to the public, but now it is.

I would take my stuff if I wanted it. I don't know if it's legal but doing it this close to the season is sure to draw some attention.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:41 PM
Ling

Mainly just wondering if you put one up and it becomes public, then whats the ramifications of someone else taking it down or running over it? If it belongs to anyone, then no one actually has ownership of it anymore correct?
Old 10-24-2015, 02:52 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

There are no ramifications if they destroy it because unless the law changed, theoretically you are supposed to disassemble daily and not to leave any kind of structure behind. Now they don't enforce that. At least not that I've seen. However that's where it stands on ownership, there's not supposed to be anything there to own when you aren't there.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:54 PM
Ling

I'm thinking that just pertains to wma's to have to take down blinds daily or not build permanent blinds other than with natural material.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:56 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Oh ok. Yea that's what I thought you were talking about