SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 02-16-2011, 09:34 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,855

All jokes aside and this aint nooil field story. Don't worry about bring tackle to catch the red's . Their hundred's of them belly up inside between lambert and grand it is sickeningto see the waste. Reported to local State WF office and was informed that was the Biologist dept. So What the hell Add enough onion's and it will ........Just taste like onions Right. Anyway the crab's ought to be full. There are still red's swimming on there own . Most of the one's I caught yesterday had algae on different area's of the fish.I treated all them just like 40 lb drum caught in the summer full of worm's ; they didn't get in the boat; boga every fish.Got were I started getting sick from the stinch smell. Please don't let this reply deter your plan's everybody ought see th affects of what the weir's can affect to a fishery when below freezing water temps and major extreme low tide's can do to shallow lake's and when water receeds the fish run deeper water in the lakes and before you know it large schools of red's are flouncing in the mud to there certain death.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:37 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Hello, my name is da' peddler.....my addiction of choice is da' wier on lake "W"

Full disclosure, I have have never fished the lake..........really
Old 02-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will"E"Fish View Post
All jokes aside and this aint nooil field story. Don't worry about bring tackle to catch the red's . Their hundred's of them belly up inside between lambert and grand it is sickeningto see the waste. Reported to local State WF office and was informed that was the Biologist dept. So What the hell Add enough onion's and it will ........Just taste like onions Right. Anyway the crab's ought to be full. There are still red's swimming on there own . Most of the one's I caught yesterday had algae on different area's of the fish.I treated all them just like 40 lb drum caught in the summer full of worm's ; they didn't get in the boat; boga every fish.Got were I started getting sick from the stinch smell. Please don't let this reply deter your plan's everybody ought see th affects of what the weir's can affect to a fishery when below freezing water temps and major extreme low tide's can do to shallow lake's and when water receeds the fish run deeper water in the lakes and before you know it large schools of red's are flouncing in the mud to there certain death.
Thats not good......Ive seen it once before....the blue crabs willl be healthy but DIZAM its fun catching those things only if TROUT pulled like that.....What can we do....NOTHING...but go and have fun with the ones that BITE anything and put up good fights......But it is GODS way of doing what HE DOES...if that makes sense to anyone....HAVE FUN AND CATCH THE ONES THAT ARE HUNGRY......
Old 02-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,855

Seeing how the water control structure's were constructed mainly to return the refuge and adjcent marshes back tofresh water habitat for the wildlife and waterfowl.Basically the fisheries is self contained and no presidence to the management ; other than Enforcement of game violations.The control structure between grand and lambert is perfect place for a major class action lawsuit ;with damages more probable due passage way damages being not repaired for many year's now.ExsposedMetal Channel iron on one side and rope bounded bumper with no real support.So again no concern to the fisheries management.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by redroaster View Post
Heres the funny part...we have all smoked em at the weirs before!! cum on guys...be honest...u all know u have pitched a dead skrimp with heavy lead to get past the current and then started cussing because u were in the rocks and had to break off....but what drives u back is that quick thump when it is on. Then u know u have pulled up there in the past and couldnt get a freakin bite..but dat ole sheephead smiling at u....that weir is like heroin to sum of us ..be proud weir brothers-represent!
Old 02-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Redfish

Cash: 433

youll think the reds are safe to eat when caught now?? seriously
Old 02-17-2011, 12:04 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

Hope so I ate some last night haha!
Old 02-17-2011, 12:46 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will"E"Fish View Post
All jokes aside and this aint nooil field story. Don't worry about bring tackle to catch the red's . Their hundred's of them belly up inside between lambert and grand it is sickeningto see the waste. Reported to local State WF office and was informed that was the Biologist dept. So What the hell Add enough onion's and it will ........Just taste like onions Right. Anyway the crab's ought to be full. There are still red's swimming on there own . Most of the one's I caught yesterday had algae on different area's of the fish.I treated all them just like 40 lb drum caught in the summer full of worm's ; they didn't get
in the boat; boga every fish.Got were I started getting sick from the stinch smell. Please don't let this reply deter your plan's everybody ought see th affects of what the weir's can affect to a fishery when below freezing water temps and major extreme low tide's can do to shallow lake's and when water receeds the fish run deeper water in the lakes and before you know it large schools of red's are flouncing in the mud to there certain death.

"below freezing water temps"? Isn't that called ice?