SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:49 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,200

I love the Saints!!!!!! wait wrong thread, sorry
Old 03-14-2013, 12:49 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
The same ones that pray to SAINTS!!!! I guess praying to Saints and Marry will also get you to heaven
You don't know enough to know you don't know.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:52 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

BTW.......I hate Religion because Religion is all Man Made!!! Man Made rules and Not bashing one or the other but Catholic is far worst when it comes to rules

I will give you a prime example

I saw a lady get rejected Communion because she was divorced
When "Jesus said Take this bread a gift from me , He said take this ALL OF YOU!
Not just the ones who FOLLOW RULES It means ALL
Sinners
Divorcees
Murders
Criminals
ALL MEANS ALL!!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:53 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
You don't know enough to know you don't know.
Well By time you say 50 Hail Marys for forgiveness , I can pray straight to God and know I will be forgiven
Old 03-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Oh lawd me and W done did agreed on some mo stuff. What's this site coming to. Lol

Sent from my stupid iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Ling

Cash: 505

Id also have to say i totally agree with W on this!

Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android dominating the world!)
Old 03-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Flounder

Cash: 674

It was a mistake. They where just
smoking a joint a lunch.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Flounder

Cash: 649

Quote:
The same ones that pray to SAINTS!!!! I guess praying to Saints and Marry will also get you to heaven
Catholics have faith that Saints are individuals who lived very spiritual lives while on earth and are recognized as having a special "Relationship of Love" with God. Catholics pray with and through saints,(not to them) for intercession to God regarding matters of supplication. Catholics are fully aware that praying with Saints will "NOT" assure them a place in heaven.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Flounder

Quote:
BTW.......I hate Religion because Religion is all Man Made!!! Man Made rules and Not bashing one or the other but Catholic is far worst when it comes to rules

I will give you a prime example

I saw a lady get rejected Communion because she was divorced
When "Jesus said Take this bread a gift from me , He said take this ALL OF YOU!
Not just the ones who FOLLOW RULES It means ALL
Sinners
Divorcees
Murders
Criminals
ALL MEANS ALL!!
Catholics are not denied the Blessed Sacrament because they are divorced, murderers or criminals. Catholics should not however receive the Blessed Sacrament with serious sin on their soul. If they have serious sin on their soul such as murder or adultery, they should first confess them to a priest and receive absolution of the sins and then receive the Blessed Sacrament.
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeterbite View Post
Catholics have faith that Saints are individuals who lived very spiritual lives while on earth and are recognized as having a special "Relationship of Love" with God. Catholics pray with and through saints,(not to them) for intercession to God regarding matters of supplication. Catholics are fully aware that praying with Saints will "NOT" assure them a place in heaven.

Then Why pray through a Saint, when you can go directly to God (Jesus)??

Like I said I know the Bible pretty good and can quote lots of scriptures and I think I could prove lots of things wrong with lots of "RELIGIONS on beliefs" from what the Bible says.

No where in the Bible does it say to pray though Saints or any kind of person or persons to get to God.

Again Im far from Perfect but I have listen to some of the greatest Preachers in the World (NOT THE ONES ON TV who are MULTI- MILLIONAIRES )and growing up we had to learn the Bible and also learn a versus every month in Sunday School!
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,449

Dub is pretty spot on ill give him a
X2
Old 03-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassAssasin View Post
Dub is pretty spot on ill give him a
X2
I hate having to agree with him but I do on this
Old 03-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeterbite View Post
Catholics are not denied the Blessed Sacrament because they are divorced, murderers or criminals. Catholics should not however receive the Blessed Sacrament with serious sin on their soul. If they have serious sin on their soul such as murder or adultery, they should first confess them to a priest and receive absolution of the sins and then receive the Blessed Sacrament.
Why does one need to tell or ask a Priest who is MAN just like us for forgiveness ?

Do you remember the 3 guys on the cross? The sinner went to Jesus for Forgiveness and then went to heaven!!

ACTS 3:19

Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,
Old 03-14-2013, 01:34 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Go W go W go W.

Sent from my stupid iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2013, 01:40 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

I will leave you with this!!!

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me

James 1:26
If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Flounder

Quote:
Then Why pray through a Saint, when you can go directly to God (Jesus)??

Like I said I know the Bible pretty good and can quote lots of scriptures and I think I could prove lots of things wrong with lots of "RELIGIONS on beliefs" from what the Bible says.

No where in the Bible does it say to pray though Saints or any kind of person or persons to get to God.

Again Im far from Perfect but I have listen to some of the greatest Preachers in the World (NOT THE ONES ON TV who are MULTI- MILLIONAIRES )and growing up we had to learn the Bible and also learn a versus every month in Sunday School!

You are absolutely right you dont have to pray with a saint to have a relationship with God but it sure doesnt hurt. "W" I'm sure you have have prayed with a group of people for someone or something at some time or another. Im also confident you have experienced the power of group prayer. Praying with a saint to God is very similar except you are praying with a saint who had a special relationship with the Lord. Catholics read Bible verses "EACH" and "EVERY" single day in mass. Its called first and second reading, responsorial psalm and the Gospel!
Old 03-14-2013, 01:45 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

And this is what is wrong with the world today. You can't have the freedom to worship what religion you want to cause someone thinks its not the right way to do it. If you've got a problem with the way people worship, that's great. Good for you. Don't try to convince other people that they are wrong in the way they worship and pray to God. Majority of my friends are catholic. None of them go around telling people with other religions that the way they worship is wrong. In fact, I know more people with other religious beliefs that do it to catholics.

Yeah, I will agree with you, you pray to God, you've got a lot better chance to get to Heaven. But we pray to Saints (not those little fooseball players in New Orleans either) and look to the Saints as examples because there are aspects of their lives that brought them into a closer relationship with God. So we pray to them when we are struggling with that aspect of our lives. It's not the same as worshipping the dollar.

Don't try and bash my religion, and I won't bash you.

If you know the bible so well, then why don't you live it. Cause you know, one of the most often spoken words in the Bible is love. I don't think doing figure 8s and trashing people on here qualifies as that.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:52 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Catholic religion is and always will be the most attacked religion.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:52 PM
Flounder

Cash: 694

I completely agree smalls!! also i just want to say that i was also raised catholic and was raised not to judge and talk about other people and their religious beliefs!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 01:56 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
And this is what is wrong with the world today. You can't have the freedom to worship what religion you want to cause someone thinks its not the right way to do it. If you've got a problem with the way people worship, that's great. Good for you. Don't try to convince other people that they are wrong in the way they worship and pray to God. Majority of my friends are catholic. None of them go around telling people with other religions that the way they worship is wrong. In fact, I know more people with other religious beliefs that do it to catholics.

Yeah, I will agree with you, you pray to God, you've got a lot better chance to get to Heaven. But we pray to Saints (not those little fooseball players in New Orleans either) and look to the Saints as examples because there are aspects of their lives that brought them into a closer relationship with God. So we pray to them when we are struggling with that aspect of our lives. It's not the same as worshipping the dollar.

Don't try and bash my religion, and I won't bash you.

If you know the bible so well, then why don't you live it. Cause you know, one of the most often spoken words in the Bible is love. I don't think doing figure 8s and trashing people on here qualifies as that.
LOL

1st off I never bashed a religion I stated 100% facts from the bible

and you might have noticed I never said what religion one should follow! I have lots of Catholics in my family and I'm certain they will go to heaven because they also know the Bible !

Again Im far for perfect but I do know what the BIBLE says and I know the way to Heaven is though GOD(Jesus)

I cant not find anywhere in the Bible where is says pray though a saint to God, so there for I will just do what the Bible says to do!
Same with Mary, Yes she was a great woman of the Bible but never was it said to pray to Mary!

Again I'm no Bible thumper and I do not to pretend im perfect and I NO where the person I should be. But I do know the Bible and I do know 100% what it says!

If you can prove me wrong in what I have stated by using the Bible , I will listen and take it in.

As my Great Grand Paw James Waltrip once said! Hell will be filed with Religious people of all kinds !!