Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 06-22-2010, 07:45 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUACKHEAD View Post
I use SEA FOAM. It was recommended to me by a mechanic. On the can it does advertise for marine use.
Same here, I've been using it for a few years now.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:45 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,550

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
me 3...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 06-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Sea foam is a great product,but it does not treat ethenal
Old 06-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
Seafoam Stabilizes fuel & controls moisture. So why wouldn't it treat ethenal? What Stabil does.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

If it doesn't say ethenol treatment on the bottle, its not ethenol treatment.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,550

Quote:
correct...you need the green stabil?? correct me if'n I'm wrong.
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 06-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
correct...you need the green stabil?? correct me if'n I'm wrong.
Its called marine stabil,blue liquid. The sea foam will not stop phase seperation caused by ethanol.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Quote:
Its called marine stabil,blue liquid. The sea foam will not stop phase seperation caused by ethanol.
all I run in mine is seafoam & put whatever fuel is available & have a water seperator & have never had water in the seperator.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Great White

Run whatever you want to,anything is better than nothing. I prefer the stabil in my boat. Now I do use sea foam in my truck every so often.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

The EPA announced this week that is "on track" to reach a decision on whether or not to grant a wavier requested by ethanol interests to allow E-15 to be mixed into the U.S. gasoline supplies. It said that the Department of Energy would complete its testing of the effects of E-15 on different types of engines by the end of September. The National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) has opposed increasing the ethanol content in marine fuel to 15% contending that it can cause engine damage, and that its full effects on older engines is unknown. Ethanol interests have expressed their frustration over the EPA's delay.

Report from AG News--
The ethanol industry is expressing its frustration over EPA’s delay on the E15 waiver decision until fall. Growth Energy CEO Tom Buis says this is a typical Washington stalling tactic by EPA so they don’t have to make a decision…one they are hiding behind with additional tests on newer vehicles.
Buis says they met all the requirements of the Clean Air Act and have sent a letter to the Administration that they’re patience has finally run out.
He says they are also reviewing all of their legal and legislative options.
Matt Hartwig with the Renewable Fuels Association in Washington says they are extremely frustrated with the agency as it’s been over a year since the waiver request was submitted.
He says EPA is also adding insult to injury by only considering higher blend rates in 2007 or newer vehicles. Pushing back the decision delays the approval process for vehicles from 2001 or newer to later this fall. EPA has also turned down the request to move immediately to E12.
From IBI Magazine --
The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) said yesterday that it was "on track" to determine the impact of higher-ethanol E15 blends on vehicles built after 2007. The agency said that the Department of Energy (DOE) would complete its testing by the end of September.
The decision on whether to allow E15 into the nation's fuel supply had been expected this month. E15 incorporates 15 per cent ethanol into the fuel mix. The current legal limit is 10 per cent ethanol.
The National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) and other groups like Boat/US oppose an EPA waiver for E15. They called on the agency to do extensive testing on marine engines before passing E15, so that the decision was based on sound science.
Marine engine manufacturers say that ethanol blends cause engine damage. Several US senators also strongly oppose E15, and have documented cases of boaters being stranded at sea because of engine failure due to ethanol blends.
But EPA said the initial tests were promising. "DOE is also testing some vehicles built before 2007 and is also testing tanks and other fuel handling equipment to see how they might be affected by E15," said an EPA statement. "While results from the tests conducted to-date look good, EPA will not make a final decision until DOE completes its current comprehensive testing of the newer vehicles."
The NMMA said it was "pleased" that EPA recognized that more testing was needed. "However, we continue to call on EPA and DOE to test marine and non-road engines in advance of any determination by the Agency, as required by the Clean Air Act," read a statement from NMMA. "We consider the 'partial waiver' approach currently under consideration ill-advised and a risk to consumers, engines and air quality."
Old 06-23-2010, 02:29 PM
Great White

I have seen first hand on a daily basis how e10 affects marine engines,fuel lines,and tanks. If they pass the e15 it will get ugly.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Most new engines are not made to run on this.
The newer flex fuel engines are, but not a lot of other engines.
This will cause a lot of old engines to go to crap.
Then we will have to buy new cars or engines.
This is fitting into the new economy plan.
Everyone will have to have a new car or engine.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:38 PM
Redfish

Cash: 679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southshore Marine View Post
This is where people are mistaken about the sitting up part. Does not matter if it sits up or not, ethanol still eats up the fuel lines
I use both every time I fuel up. I also buy gas from an ethanol free station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUACKHEAD View Post
I use SEA FOAM. It was recommended to me by a mechanic. On the can it does advertise for marine use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
me 3...
DO not use Seafoam. Seafoam contains alcohol and will only make matters WORSE.