SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Redfish

Cash: 653
FlagUS Texas has gone down hill FAST.

Well decided to take a trip over to the Kemah boardwalk and Galveston with the kids this past weekend. We have been working real hard at trying to get our business open in DeQuincy and have neglected the kids somewhat in the process and needed to spend some family time before business opened this past Monday and School started. All in all we had a good time and so did the kids and really thats all that counts. I hadn't been to either place since before RITA and boy was I disappointed BIG TIME. The recovery efforts have been great both places where top notch. But the "CROWD", "HELP", and other "tourists" was a total let down. I felt as if I was in another country completly. Less than a handful of "AMERICANS" the whole trip. Started at the first gas station I stopped at for ICEE's and candy....rag heads...the place looked fine from the outside but stunk of body odor throughout entire store. My 3yo keeped hollering something stinks in here. I just laughed. Got to the hotel felt like I was in Mexico City....MEXICANS everywhere. I have no problem with them being here as long as they can communicate. Check in took 30min. cause he couldnt speak a lick of english. Needed towels next morning none of the maids had a clue what was being said. SO I cooled off from all that and headed to boardwalk. EVERY SINGLE DANG shop had Rag Head of some nationality running it. Never could get my change right when I bought something. It was just horrible to see what Texas has become. All the vendors along the boardwalk where just unclean and unkept. So we had enough of that place and decided to go to Galveston. Cant be that bad there.......WRONG.. Beaches where covered with mexicans and rag heads as well. I than began to look around for americans and keep count. For the rest of the weekend. I counted a total of 26 people that I considered AMEIRCANS in about 36hr trip across the Island and there were hundreds and hundreds of people there. Texas in general has really headed down hill fast. No good people left anymore. THANK GOD we live in louisiana fellas. I will not be heading back across the river south of I-10 anytime soon. It was truly sad and I would be very embarassed if I had to say I was from those areas. Truly turning into a crap hole more and more every day. Be proud your from Gods country people....good ole Louisiana.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 700

you just don't know the right place to go.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel Bender View Post
you just don't know the right place to go.

We go to texas pretty often..mainly go to houston to shop UGHH..and what he described hit the nail right on the head.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Red Snapper

Like I said, you don't know where to go.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I was in Texas a few weeks ago.........I will give them Props on there fast recovery from IKE....aWesome job done down there....
Old 08-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Redfish

So your saying you have to get off the beaten path and go to places that people are not familiar with to be around descent folks.....are all the good folks in Texas hiding from the intruders or what?????? Recovery was fast I guess with that many mexicans around you can get a lot of work done fast and cheap...
Old 08-20-2009, 09:36 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Buxton View Post
Well decided to take a trip over to the Kemah boardwalk and Galveston with the kids this past weekend. We have been working real hard at trying to get our business open in DeQuincy and have neglected the kids somewhat in the process and needed to spend some family time before business opened this past Monday and School started. All in all we had a good time and so did the kids and really thats all that counts. I hadn't been to either place since before RITA and boy was I disappointed BIG TIME. The recovery efforts have been great both places where top notch. But the "CROWD", "HELP", and other "tourists" was a total let down. I felt as if I was in another country completly. Less than a handful of "AMERICANS" the whole trip. Started at the first gas station I stopped at for ICEE's and candy....rag heads...the place looked fine from the outside but stunk of body odor throughout entire store. My 3yo keeped hollering something stinks in here. I just laughed. Got to the hotel felt like I was in Mexico City....MEXICANS everywhere. I have no problem with them being here as long as they can communicate. Check in took 30min. cause he couldnt speak a lick of english. Needed towels next morning none of the maids had a clue what was being said. SO I cooled off from all that and headed to boardwalk. EVERY SINGLE DANG shop had Rag Head of some nationality running it. Never could get my change right when I bought something. It was just horrible to see what Texas has become. All the vendors along the boardwalk where just unclean and unkept. So we had enough of that place and decided to go to Galveston. Cant be that bad there.......WRONG.. Beaches where covered with mexicans and rag heads as well. I than began to look around for americans and keep count. For the rest of the weekend. I counted a total of 26 people that I considered AMEIRCANS in about 36hr trip across the Island and there were hundreds and hundreds of people there. Texas in general has really headed down hill fast. No good people left anymore. THANK GOD we live in louisiana fellas. I will not be heading back across the river south of I-10 anytime soon. It was truly sad and I would be very embarassed if I had to say I was from those areas. Truly turning into a crap hole more and more every day. Be proud your from Gods country people....good ole Louisiana.

I understand excally what your saying. Me, the wife, and the 2 kids went spend 2 weeks there (at 2 seperate times) and my wife got tired of me b1t(hing about the rags and mexicans. And like you said, it would not be bad if they could communicate, but that was out the question. We stayed at the RV camp grounds and they werent that bad, but as soon as we left the camp grounds; Back in mexico...
Old 08-20-2009, 09:39 PM
Great White

i dont know..but i've had some weird times down in texas..one wrong turn going to the garden center in houston....pull up at mcdonalds..here they come runnin asking for money
Old 08-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Red Snapper

Kinda funny talking about can't understand anybody, now you know how we feel in Louisiana!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Great White

Quote:
Kinda funny talking about can't understand anybody, now you know how we feel in Louisiana!!!

we have a accent..they have a different language..
Old 08-20-2009, 09:46 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
we have a accent....
Oh so thats what you call it. LOL
Old 08-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Red Snapper

Hey it's your bedtime anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Great White

Quote:
Hey it's your bedtime anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your right it is..

i just went over to texas like a week ago at TAMUG and your right W they have recovered fast!
Old 08-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
your right it is..

i just went over to texas like a week ago at TAMUG and they have recovered fast!
fixed it for ya
Old 08-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Redfish

Heck fool even way over in west texas where we hunt its the same way. Rock Springs and Uvalde area was slap eat up with mexican kids begging on the streets. If you had on camo and in a nice truck or pullng your camping set up into town the came with hands out begging. Its a crap hole over there as well. Only halfway good are I have found in Texas is up around Toledo Bend near Hemphill. Hotels and stores ran by rag heads but at least the marina's are still american ran. and good folks on the lake...but then again most of them where from Louisiana. figures
Old 08-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,391

Quote:
i dont know..but i've had some weird times down in texas..one wrong turn going to the garden center in houston....pull up at mcdonalds..here they come runnin asking for money
Throw out a couple rolls of pennies Fool and wach em go nuts!!!!!LMAO
Old 08-20-2009, 09:59 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

you mean mexas?
Old 08-20-2009, 10:02 PM
Redfish

MEXAS>...lol your about right. thats a good one.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Redfish

Texas its a whole other country.LOL. Got news for you boys but them mexicans are taking over. Only reason them mexicans were in Galveston was because ya'll ran outta work for them in New Orleans. you think its just texas try the Carolinas, every textile factory there has its own line of illegals headed there. I think they got a recruiting office in Laredo. Bud of mine from school was in idaho a while back and thought they was native indians until one spoke spanish to him. These SOB's are taking over everywhere they go..sk
Old 08-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 600

why do you hunt and vacation here if all you do is b i t c h about it? Don't like it go somewhere else.
last time I was in N.O. I experienced the same thing you did in Kemah. I haven't been back.