SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > SaltyCajun.com Events > 2010 SaltyCajun.com Trout Shootout

2010 SaltyCajun.com Trout Shootout A forum to discuss anything related to the SaltyCajun.com Trout Shootout Charity Fishing Tournament on March 13, 2010

Old 03-17-2010, 06:44 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Exclamation 2010 Tournament event update

After having conference with the other tournament committee guys we have decided that with the success of Big Lake ,we are going to set our focus on 2011 instead of another Tournament event in2010.
There is a lot more involved then making dates and lining up places to stay! This is a huge time involving deal and takes lots of hours and dedication to plan out!
We will hold two events in 2011 1st Being our 2nd Annul Big Lake event then our 1st Annual Grand Isle event.
To make this successful as possible we need time to plan and schedule these events so that our Sponsors and committee can make this the best event possible
We are all sorry we cant push a Grand Isle event this year but after looking into it yesterday. It was just way to much too soon....Our Sponsors and new Sponsors like a year in advance for a event like this to prepare and budget money......This is better for all of us and the Foundation

I hope you understand our decision and support it

Thanks Event Committee
Old 03-17-2010, 06:49 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Thanks Event Committee
_____

*** is this? Never heard of this junk before?
Old 03-17-2010, 06:50 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,188

If you can't do it right you shouldn't do it all. I commend the committee for making this tough decision. I know you would have loved nothing more than to have an even this year.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:32 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 980

W - I woke up this morning thinking pretty much the same thing. In fact, I just posted something to this effect on another thread before I read this one.
I think you guys have made the right decision. my 2 cents.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Ling

Cash: 562

Guys just bear with us. We didnt disappoint at the big lake tourney and we wont for grand isle. Baby steps guys, once we get one under our belt in grand isle we can know what ta expect and do. It will happen and it will be huge. Thanks to all. All of your voices just shows us how devoted our members and staff are. Keep up the great work and helpin out. The end is a foregoin conclusion..... We cant be stopped!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:27 AM

Cash: 376

I agree 100% with that !
Is there be anyway posable a fresh water tourny could be in the works for next year or would that be to much ?
I'm not trying to rush things just throwing out suggestions !
Old 03-17-2010, 09:44 AM
Ling

Cash: 562

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmaster911 View Post
I agree 100% with that !
Is there be anyway posable a fresh water tourny could be in the works for next year or would that be to much ?
I'm not trying to rush things just throwing out suggestions !
I believe fool has sumthin in the works fer this year. Ill talk with him. Thanks jw
Old 03-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Like Speckdaddy stated it going to be two huge events next year...........We are planning dates now..........I hope to have both Event dates by next week to post up........

Right now we have all our sponsors on board to give a bigger showing next year!!! Look for a lot of new things.........

I feel we will raise close to 10k at each event.......(this is our Goal)..... What we have in store will have every opportunity to do so.....We will shoot higher up the chain as far as prizes!!! This will be a big market for us and we will ask all of you for help in some way!!!

Thanks guys!!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
After having conference with the other tournament committee guys we have decided that with the success of Big Lake ,we are going to set our focus on 2011 instead of another Tournament event in2010.
There is a lot more involved then making dates and lining up places to stay! This is a huge time involving deal and takes lots of hours and dedication to plan out!
We will hold two events in 2011 1st Being our 2nd Annul Big Lake event then our 1st Annual Grand Isle event.
To make this successful as possible we need time to plan and schedule these events so that our Sponsors and committee can make this the best event possible
We are all sorry we cant push a Grand Isle event this year but after looking into it yesterday. It was just way to much too soon....Our Sponsors and new Sponsors like a year in advance for a event like this to prepare and budget money......This is better for all of us and the Foundation

I hope you understand my decision and support it

Thanks Event Committee
Old 03-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:

I hope you understand our decision and support it

Thanks Event Committee
B4 i got to this post i posted something along the same lines .
I have helped w/ tourneys b4 and you can't just plan one (unless it's very small) at the drop of a hat.
I didn't make this one ,but it seems everyone had a great time and everything went GREAT for the first run.
We can plan bungles and get together for a weekend tourney for braggin rights anytime . I hope to have some of the big contractors in the state onboard by next year.
Also i make a recomendation that any tourney sponsor be able to fish wether SC member or not.
What say the commitee?
Old 03-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
B4 i got to this post i posted something along the same lines .
I have helped w/ tourneys b4 and you can't just plan one (unless it's very small) at the drop of a hat.
I didn't make this one ,but it seems everyone had a great time and everything went GREAT for the first run.
We can plan bungles and get together for a weekend tourney for braggin rights anytime . I hope to have some of the big contractors in the state onboard by next year.
Also i make a recomendation that any tourney sponsor be able to fish wether SC member or not.
What say the commitee?

we threw the you have to be a SC member out........Its open to all......Belive me by the end of the day all will know about SC......
Old 03-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Belive me by the end of the day all will know about SC......

and they will be soldiers
Old 03-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,580

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
LOL!!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 03-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Good, we get a chance to fish GI this year and find all Fools spots over there too.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post

lm mf aho!!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

we should have an offshore category for the tourny in grand isle.

me and dink and adams fence got our spot picked out no matter the weather.

RAY, here we come
Old 03-17-2010, 10:37 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Just listen to the dang weatherman offshore.
When he says 6 ft. seas, he is telling the troof.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

he said 6 foot

it was not 6 foot

he lied
Old 03-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Just listen to the dang weatherman offshore.
When he says 6 ft. seas, he is telling the troof.
nah they was way bigger than 6ft
Old 03-17-2010, 10:44 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em View Post
he said 6 foot

it was not 6 foot

he lied
6 ft seas are pretty damn big. it looks alot bigger when you are inbetween the swells. most peoples perception of what they think the seas are and what they really are , are wrong. ive been out there and thought we were in some 6ftrs when really it was 3-4's but inbetween em your lookin at a wall of 6 ft water.