SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:36 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 647
Default Made it home: Saying goodbye and fishing questions.

Hey Y'all, I crossed the Sabine around 1am Wednesday morning. Made it to Harahan at 4am. Not bad time at all. Had my Bada's funeral today. It was quite somber until the party. She was quite clear about the fact that she wanted a party after her burial. Nobody would turn her down. We were all still kind of bummed until we had a few drinks and started telling stories about her. Before long we were all laughing and celebrating her life, just as she wanted.

Dad is busy with business all weekend and his boat is in Pass Christian. We plan on fishing out of Biloxi with an old friend on his new boat on Monday. We should be hitting Cat Island. Anybody have any advice for fishing over there? When I was a kid, I'd climb over all the barriers on the piers in the Pass and catch fish off the end of them, but I've never been out to the islands.

Tuesday we'll be heading back to La. with Dad's boat and hopefully we'll hit Empire. How's things going down there Capt. Matt? Gotta at least meet up with you and have a brew. Hopedale, Let me know if you could use a partner one of these days. - Sandy
Old 07-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 640

Coach, I hate that you lost your Bada...But, I'm glad to see that ya'll could celebrate her life and rejoice in her memory...That's the way everyone should be honored when it's their time to be called home...Thoughts and prayers go to all of you...
Old 07-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Westerly neighbor

Cash: 3,537

Sorry for your loss, Sandy. Glad to have you back, though.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:34 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

Sorry About Your Loss Man....At Least Yall Were Able To Give Her Waht She Wanted....I can Always Use A Fishing Partner...U Pass Through Alot??
Old 07-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 715

my condolences coach. I fish the area you are headed too alot. what kind of boat do you have first off and what kind of fishing are you looking to do? I'll be glad to help ya out and hopefully put you on them. we are headed out in the morning to go chasem, i'll let ya know what the water looks like.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 647

At 92, Bada had lived a life we all hope we can. I'll miss her, but it was her time.

We'll be fishing just for one day in Miss. around Cat Island is the plan. It's a 23 foot Bay Runner that our buddy owns. Dad's boat is a 17 foot Alumaweld tunnel hull. We fish only protected waters, always around our old stomping grounds in La. Dad keeps the boat in Miss. so he can take the grandchildren for rides in the Pass Christian harbor. Sounds silly, but they love it.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 715

we've been fishing cat alot lately first thing in the morning. go around to the south side of the island closer to the western tip and drift(if you dont have a trolling motor) or wade. we usually like to wade in that area, but its easily fished from a boat as well. Also, just off the western tip there is a wreck/old weather station that we tie up too and have caught fish. Once it gets hot around mid morning, we try to troll all along the southern and eastern sides of the island. We ALWAYS pick up tons of lady fish doing it,and spanish mackeral, triple tail, caught several pompano last weekend too trolling around cat. but hey, if the fish arent biting, you can always hit the beach, catch some rays and drink a few cold beverages. You can get live bait at joshuas at gulfport harbor and at the long beach harbor I know for sure. Oh and keep a close eye on your depth finder around the island, there are several sand bars just off the beach all the way around, especially on the north side. Depending on wind and water clarity, they can be hard to see at times. Not too much floating debris in recent months, main thing to watch out for are the sandbars. Goodluck coach, I hope you guys have a great trip.....we may even see ya out there bright and early monday morning!!