SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:41 PM
Redfish

Cash: 816
Default Plants in Lake Charles

I know this might not be the place to do this but I know several of you guys may know something . I work for an oil field company and it's looking I'll be searching for a new job soon( knew it was coming sooner or later as I've watched 20-30 co-workers get walked out the door this past year) anyways, anyone have any know of anything for a guy with 5 years experience as an electronic tech with a technical degree in electronics. Thanks in advance guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2015, 06:57 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Best of luck to you, I feel I'll be in the same boat here if we don't pick something up. We have a few promising projects though.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:31 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,571

Try ISC in Westlake. You can try any of the big general contractors (Turner & CBI) They have plenty of the LNG work over there.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:45 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 720
Default Plant jobs

Exxonmobil is hiring. You can go to the company web site for employment opportunities or get on Facebook and search "exxonmobil careers" an fill out a interest form. You will be given a list of areas coming up for testing. If ya need more info let me know.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:29 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin_Cajun View Post
Try ISC in Westlake. You can try any of the big general contractors (Turner & CBI) They have plenty of the LNG work over there.

Throw Bechtel in there too.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,212

If you are looking for a plant job, the way it used to work is you would have to go down to the unemployment office in Lake Charles and fill out an application. You would basically have to wait for a call to test. Im not sure if that's still how it works or not. I know a lot of people in my field who have moved to Sasol, who all do electrical work. There are a bunch of new construction projects that will require permanent employees in the lake Charles area but those projects are 2 or three years away from completion.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:03 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,165

Sasol is using trs craft services to recruit people. My plant just lost seven instrument techs to Sasol. The guys I worked with went through someone named Desiree Tutt. 337-602-6112
Old 12-03-2015, 10:13 PM
Redfish

Cash: 837

Good thing is you have great skills and credentials. So remember it may be rough for a while, you may have to sell stuff, but you will be ok. I'm also in the oilfield, and we lay off every month. Everyone is wondering if the end of the month is their last check. I keep telling myself, they can't kill me, so as long as I have my family and my faith, I'll be alright. At 52, I May have to start all over, but I'll be back! At least thats what I keep telling myself. Stay positive brother. Good luck to you.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott craft View Post
Sasol is using trs craft services to recruit people. My plant just lost seven instrument techs to Sasol. The guys I worked with went through someone named Desiree Tutt. 337-602-6112
Wow, I bet losing 7 instruments techs hurts.
As you know I/E is a good job, but I tell people this. There's prob 20+ operators to 1 instrument/electrical position. Its worse for machinist.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:24 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,165

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Stealth View Post
Wow, I bet losing 7 instruments techs hurts.

As you know I/E is a good job, but I tell people this. There's prob 20+ operators to 1 instrument/electrical position. Its worse for machinist.

We are scrambling right now! In the last couple of years we've lost quite a few operators to other plants and I expect that to get worse in the next two or three years. One benefit is for the young guys getting out of school right now the chances of getting a permanent job are much better than five to ten years ago.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:23 PM
Tripletail

Sasol is sucking resources from other employers all over Lake Charles. I know a bunch of people who have quit their jobs and gone over there.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:32 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Hell, I've been applying all over for an operator/loader/lab job in the plants. Haven't heard anything back from anyone since I began searching in August. I'm still fortunate to have a job out here (East Cam for Fieldwood), but Oil and gas prices are continuing to drop and that's never a good thing. 3 years experience and a BS degree and still can't get a call or email. Best of luck to you. Your skills are more in demand than operators.

One resource center to check is www.laworks.net and you can create a hire account and post your resume and apply for positions through that site. You can browse by employers, etc.

Another place you can look is indeed.com, I also remember seeing some instrumentation spots available for westlake and cameron lng if I am not mistaken.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:41 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

Westlake has been hiring operators like crazy... bc all the ppl who left to go to sasol. I on the other hand left sasol to come here.... I didnt care for sasol.... too many ppl all trying to get to one position caused alot of back stabbing.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:32 PM
Tripletail

In order to get a job in the plants, it really helps to get an offer from someone working there already. Most of the people I know that got plant jobs worked as a contractor or knew someone and then got approached from someone inside the plant.